PDA

View Full Version : why I hate e-bay!!!

farnhamstj
09-12-2007, 07:32 PM
So my sweet deal on the rims..... Guy refunded my paypal and refused to send me the wheels.

corsair23
09-12-2007, 09:33 PM
Bastid...Someone offered him more I bet outside of ebay.

And you know if you leave him negative feedback he'll just return the favor :(

And trying to work through ebay or Paypal is a joke

ginericLC
09-13-2007, 05:00 AM
That sucks! I agree that Ebay and Paypal are useless in resolving problems. I bought a Ham radio in March and it took me until July to get it. I finally called the sheriff in the county he lived in. It turned out there was a warrant for his arrest but they didn't have a current address for him but I did :) The guy had some encouragement from the law enforcement to make it right although officially they said there was nothing they could do because the sale crossed state lines.

calphi27
09-13-2007, 06:14 AM
I think you have either 90 or 60 days to leave feedback. On the final day, leave him neg feedback, and he most likely won't respond in time to hurt your feedback.

Rezarf
09-13-2007, 07:57 AM
That sucks, I have never been scammed on ebay. I have been out of luck when someone has shut the auction down because someone else tried to deal outside of ebay.

Ebay's whole philosophy is based on the idea that people are good. We can all imagine how far that gets everyone.

At least you didn't eat your cash. I know a few folks who have really been sucker punched.

Corbet
09-14-2007, 10:43 AM
make yourself another log in and when he re-lists the wheels for sale make sure you win, then refuse payment.

Corbet
09-14-2007, 11:34 AM
here's another set if you know someone in AZ that could MUD ship them for you.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/16-LEXUS-LX470-TOYOTA-LANDCRUISER-WHEELS-RIMS-TIRES_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ66482QQihZ009QQitemZ190152235495QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Groucho
09-14-2007, 01:00 PM
I purchased a book on ebay for Bruce a month or so back. I did the buy it now, a full 6 days before the auction was supposed to end. The description said:

This is an original factory service manual. Very good condition.

I paid $50 + $6 SH on June 1st using buy it now, and used paypal to have the funds transfer the day the buy it now was used. Paypal confirmed the funds being withdrawn by the seller on June 6th.

Then on June 9th I got a message through ebay from the seller saying this:

Hi. Unfortunately, we no longer have this item in stock in this condition. We currently have just one in good condition for $40.00 rather than the $50.00 charged. If you would like the substitution, please let us know and we will send you an updated invoice. Thank you, Sheila

To which I responded on June 10th this:

I will entertain the lower condition book for $40 *IF* that price includes UPS 3-day shipping or USPS 3-Day shipping *AND* I am refunded the difference of $16 to my paypal account within 3 days from 6-11-07. I realize that your negative feedback is due to your inability to manage your business, however, this does not exempt you from your responsibility to me, the buyer. Please accept these terms to show that your intentions were not fraudulent in nature. If you would like to speak to me personally about this matter, please call.
Thank you,

On June 11th I got this response:

Again, we are terribly sorry. We have some 4400+ items on our storefront and being only human the same as you, we sometimes make mistakes. This one just happened to slip through our fingers. We cannot ship this item for free at this cost. As our substitution is not up to par with your demands, we now retract this offer and apologize again for not having the manual in stock as listed. You have been issued a complete refund on your order. As pertaining to our feedback, please note we that have a nearly 10,000 feedback score with 99.8% positive. We have had only 2 negative within the past 12 months. We question how we can be accused of fradulent activity with this feedback record. We deal with intelligent people such as yourself on a daily basis, surely if we were demonstrating fraudulent activity, we would not have reached this point in our positive feedback. We apologize again for the inconvenience. Thank you, Sheila

I was refunded my money on June 11th.

So for almost two weeks, I had my money in the sellers account, and they admidtedly committed fraud. If I had made a similar mistake in my business, I would have done a better job of working with potential future customers. The replacement book they were trying to peddle to me for $40 was listed as Buy It Now for $40 a day or so later, plus the $6 SH. So they weren't doing me any favors. I believe the $40 for the book and they pay the $3 shipping would not have broken them financially, unless they start making this a habit.

I hate people who abuse ebay, and I hate the fact that I was not included on what happened when I reported the seller.

ginericLC
09-14-2007, 06:46 PM
And then there are those jerks who try to disclose everything and take up all your time reading their stupid ad. http://tinyurl.com/2gz7sn :) And no I didn't write the ad.

Hulk
09-15-2007, 05:02 AM
And then there are those jerks who try to disclose everything and take up all your time reading their stupid ad. http://tinyurl.com/2gz7sn :) And no I didn't write the ad.

Gotta love this: "This Land Cruiser has been used for its designed purpose over the last few years."

Uncle Ben
09-15-2007, 07:44 AM

What a poser....:lmao::bolt: :hill:

ginericLC
09-18-2007, 11:41 PM
A Cruiserless Poser!

Hulk
09-18-2007, 11:57 PM
Sold! Did you get what you expected? That's a damn nice truck for $11,750. Couldn't build it for that. Going to Canada???

ginericLC
09-18-2007, 11:58 PM
Yep, and now I'm sleepless.