PDA

View Full Version : Anybody want the extra stuff?

gr8fulabe
09-13-2007, 03:20 PM
http://denver.craigslist.org/pts/421533010.html

Hi All,

If I were to pick this up for the body (to transplant onto the new softtop version I got), does anybody want the extra stuff (engine, transfer case, frame, axles, etc...)

I would like to have the body, but I don't really have the room or inclination to start my own parts storage facility...

best,
Abe

timmbuck2
09-13-2007, 03:27 PM
Heh, I was going to call and get that stuff, too, just to offer to the group. I would take the engine, tranny, tcase, just in case my 2f is not up to par. No room for the frame, but I could store the axles and stuff until someone wants to grab them...

T

http://denver.craigslist.org/pts/421533010.html

Hi All,

If I were to pick this up for the body (to transplant onto the new softtop version I got), does anybody want the extra stuff (engine, transfer case, frame, axles, etc...)

I would like to have the body, but I don't really have the room or inclination to start my own parts storage facility...

best,
Abe

Shark Bait
09-13-2007, 03:40 PM
Grab it, you guys. Whatever you don't use you can take to the crusher. I know a guy that will haul stuff away to the crusher for what he'll get out of it. :D

gr8fulabe
09-13-2007, 03:41 PM
I got directions to his house, so I can go there after work tonight. The only bad part is that I am going to have to rent a tow dolly or something to get the thing home (pita).

timmbuck2
09-13-2007, 03:43 PM
I am sure someone here can lend you a trailer. :) And then I can use it. :lmao:

corsair23
09-13-2007, 06:08 PM
"This will need to be picked up, it does NOT run but it will roll so we can get it up on a trailer. Good for parts. $100 The city is on my ass about all the cars i have. Come take it away TODAY!"

Seems like a conspiracy against Cruisers lately :(

Uncle Ben
09-13-2007, 07:30 PM
I got directions to his house, so I can go there after work tonight. The only bad part is that I am going to have to rent a tow dolly or something to get the thing home (pita).

You have something that can pull a trailer? My 18' Dovetail is here at my house for the next few days.

timmbuck2
09-13-2007, 08:02 PM
I could tow it Sunday afternoon/evening...

Uncle Ben
09-13-2007, 08:32 PM
I could tow it Sunday afternoon/evening...

I won't be around Sunday as I'll be with Jerry on the 40's run but if you were coming I could have the trailer ready for ya. The bellhousing is still on the 2F behing the clutch and flywheel and I doubt I'll have time the next couple days to get it off for ya......I will priority it though and get it off soon.

timmbuck2
09-13-2007, 09:28 PM
OK...I guess I need to hear if I am needed to pick the stuff up, and also if I should go to your neighbor the other Ben and grab all his free stuff also. I will be in Telluride (via Palisade and Breck) from tomorrow morning until Sunday afternoon, so email me at timmbuck2 at yahoo dot com and let me know where I need to be and what I need to pick up.

No hurry on the bellhousing, I am still cleaning some stuff up. Thanks!!

Timm

I won't be around Sunday as I'll be with Jerry on the 40's run but if you were coming I could have the trailer ready for ya. The bellhousing is still on the 2F behing the clutch and flywheel and I doubt I'll have time the next couple days to get it off for ya......I will priority it though and get it off soon.

hykerwilson
09-14-2007, 01:29 PM
I am curious because I did not see the ad. what is the free stuff of? what kind of truck?

I have a 93 4-runner. any think compatable?

Shark Bait
09-14-2007, 01:47 PM
It was a 74 FJ40 tub. Not much else. Probably not much that would help you. :)

gr8fulabe
09-14-2007, 05:21 PM
It was a 74 FJ40 tub. Not much else. Probably not much that would help you. :)

Not much else!, Ohhh, I'm offended!:)

there's a lot of good stuff there. Granted, like you said, not much for a 4runner, but still. The guys tells me that is a Corvette motor (283, so I can only assume an old one). it has a brand new starter, & the Carb/Dizzy were rebuilt not too long ago. Plus, those headers rock!

Shark Bait
09-14-2007, 06:56 PM
Meh. Not much else. :p: I will agree, the tub is nice. V-8's don't do much for me. I'd take the t-case off your hands, though. :)

Uncle Ben
09-14-2007, 09:37 PM
Not much else!, Ohhh, I'm offended!:)
<snip>

there's a lot of good stuff there. Granted, like you said, not much for a 4runner, but still. The guys tells me that is a Corvette motor (283, so I can only assume an old one). it has a brand new starter, & the Carb/Dizzy were rebuilt not too long ago. Plus, those headers rock!

You can verify that is indeed an old 'Vette 283 by a glance at the valve covers. Notice the hold down bolts are not lined up top to bottom. I'm surprised it is a pcv system and not a down breather. This is not the best small block choice for a conversion. You might have some luck selling it to a restorer but for the most part the engine is not of very high value.

gr8fulabe
09-15-2007, 05:12 PM
You can verify that is indeed an old 'Vette 283 by a glance at the valve covers. Notice the hold down bolts are not lined up top to bottom. I'm surprised it is a pcv system and not a down breather. This is not the best small block choice for a conversion. You might have some luck selling it to a restorer but for the most part the engine is not of very high value.

Thanks for the tip about the engine identification! Yeah, I'm not a giant fan of a v8 in cruisers personally. I'm mostly speaking in terms of cool factor. I think it is a pretty cool engine. I was planning on getting onto a corvette board & seeing if it is an engine that people are looking for or not. If I can help out some other classic car guys by getting them the engine an engine that they need that would be cool.

Knowing Chevy, I figure there might be 10 million of these out there, but just in case, I will look into it.

Uncle Ben
09-15-2007, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the tip about the engine identification! Yeah, I'm not a giant fan of a v8 in cruisers personally. I'm mostly speaking in terms of cool factor. I think it is a pretty cool engine. I was planning on getting onto a corvette board & seeing if it is an engine that people are looking for or not. If I can help out some other classic car guys by getting them the engine an engine that they need that would be cool.

Knowing Chevy, I figure there might be 10 million of these out there, but just in case, I will look into it.

What kind of casting marks on on the end of the head? I doubt the engine is anything but basic production as it is just a 2bbl. Someone somewhere tossed in a HEI distributer so that is a plus I guess

gr8fulabe
09-16-2007, 04:18 PM
Hi,

So far the only numbers I can find are:

Block stamp pad F0717D.

On the intake manifold GM:8 3877652 also either LT85 or LT35 (or possibly LI 85/35)

Then at the back of the block, by the tranny it says: GM3849652

I can't find any id numbers on the heads. IT appears that there is a stamp pad spot on both the front & back of each head, but they are all blank.

bskey
09-25-2007, 02:18 PM
Does this have the vented front brakes & 1' bore master cylinder that I could use on my '85 4Runner? If so, I'd happily take those off your hands!