PDA

View Full Version : For Sale 1986 FJ 60

ColoradoLC
09-14-2007, 03:53 PM
I have a 1986 Tan FJ60 I am putting up for sale with 195,xxx miles

I'm the third owner and have owned it since April of 2005.

I REALLY don't want to sell it, but my wife wants an 80 and I can't afford both. We bought it after selling her car, so it's technically hers.

I would prefer to sell if locally to someone here in Colorado, so I am going to offer it here before going to MUD and finally to the internet.

$6000 for Rising Sun or MUD Members. I will post it for $7000 on the internet if it hasn't sold by then.

I will post everything I see as wrong with it, not to scare anyone off, but so there are no surprises.

Upgrades/replacements/recent work:

-New Alpine MP3/CD Stereo
-2 new front Alpine speakers and 2 Alpine speakers added to rear compartment.
-Land Cruiser Bottle Opener installed on rear hatch :thumb:
-Rear Add A Leafs installed (long version)
-Rear ball hitch (not a receiver hitch
-Front winch pre-runner style bumper by JKCustoms in Texas
-Upgraded IPF eurospec lights with 55watt H4 bulbs
-New Battery
-New battery connectors
-New alternator
-K&N Filter
-All fuilds drained in the last 18 months except coolant
-POR-15 rust preventative for frame and underbody. Could use another coat, but it survived the last 2 winters in Connecticut
-Newish wheels (JTOutfitters 15x8) installed last December.
-Newish BFG AT's 33x15x12.5 installed last December.
-Rear disk conversion by Cruiser Creations in NH
-New windshield
-New wheel studs on rear hubs
-Front grill and headlight surrounds painted flat black
-New clutch

The Bad:

-Some rust on left side and 3 small spots below rear window. I am leaving this so buyer can decide extent they want to repair. I don't want to take the cheap route that the PO took to fix the lower left side rust. It showed up about a year after I bought it and is not new. I hit a guard rail in CT sliding on some ice and had the whole right side repaired and repainted at Cruiser Creations. The hood was repainted at the same time.

-Leaks some oil.

-The carb cooler fan works when connected to direct power, but does not come on automatically. The wiring is good, but I haven't tracked it farther than that.

-The headlight washer system has a leak in it. I don't ever use it, so it was a low priority to fix.

-The tint on the front passenger window is coming off from the front bottom. I got it tinted when I bought it and the tinter warranty has expired, so I have not replaced it yet.

-I had the brakes serviced and they left two lug nuts off the right front wheel, so I replaced them with chrome lug nuts that are slightly smaller than the rest.

-The e-brake works, but is loose and won't engage due to that. I am going to look into adjusting this to get this fully operational, but this may or may not be done if you come look at it.

The suspension is in so-so shape with the AAL, but I was planning on a complete OME kit in the next 6 months to make it a top notch drive.

Other:

-Currently registered in CT. I haven't registered in CO yet, but have never had issues with emissions.

-Everything else is in good working order and this is one of the better FJ60's out there. I get comments on it daily and everyone (except my wife) thinks I am idiot for selling it, including me.

And now the pics:

Shortly after I bought her:

http://www.houseofprice.com/gallery/d/19-2/Misc+003.jpg

Currently:

http://www.houseofprice.com/gallery/d/624-2/FJ03.jpg
http://www.houseofprice.com/gallery/d/621-2/FJ02.jpg
http://www.houseofprice.com/gallery/d/618-2/FJ01.jpg

I will take some pictures of the rust and interior (which is in excellent condition) and post them later.

PM me if you have any questions.

Winston

ColoradoLC
09-17-2007, 02:14 PM
Listed on mud.

subzali
09-17-2007, 02:40 PM
Looks like a nice truck, too bad I'm not looking for a FJ60 right now.

ColoradoLC
09-17-2007, 03:12 PM
Looks like a nice truck, too bad I'm not looking for a FJ60 right now.

Thanks.

Oh I forgot to mention that I won't be able to use my existing 3 bike rack with any new truck I get as the current one attaches to a ball hitch and not receiver hitch, so if you buy it and are a biker, you get that too.

ColoradoLC
10-12-2007, 05:34 PM
Bump, for E-brake fix. Now working.

ColoradoLC
02-05-2008, 09:48 AM
Well good news for me, bad news for anyone looking for a 60. This is off the market now. Through the magic of financial wizardry, I don't have to sell it. Yay!

Hope to see you folks out there this summer.