PDA

View Full Version : Aux tank and filler

acon40
09-14-2007, 05:44 PM
Hey guys, have a factory aux tank, dual filler and overhead unit. The guy who got these first has not gotten back to me so he is getting a refund which means these are back up for sale. $500. For a fj80

corsair23
09-14-2007, 06:04 PM
Must....resist....the....temptation....

Acon, is this a 100% complete setup, everything I need? I've only been kind of half heartedly looking but if you have everything I need, I might be interested. Thanks

acon40
09-14-2007, 06:17 PM
You would still need a pump and some misc items......the tank is boxed up as I got it from oz...the pump and console are out of boxes..

Hulk
09-14-2007, 07:36 PM
For a 40 or for an 80? If it's for an 80, I'm definitely very interested.

acon40
09-14-2007, 07:42 PM
Fj80

Romer
09-15-2007, 10:23 AM
FJ80 and FZJ80

FJ80 91 and 92
FZJ80 93-97

The dual filler is the hard thing to come by. If someone wanted the setup but not the overhead, I might be interested in that if its tan.

acon40
09-15-2007, 03:18 PM
Sorry guys, not sure what year it was from. The overhead console is grey, sorry romer...

Hulk
09-15-2007, 03:22 PM
I'm very interested if Jeff is not.

Romer
09-15-2007, 03:23 PM
Jeff, buy the thing or let Matt have it :D

acon40
09-15-2007, 05:11 PM
so much talk....no bites hahahaha....still up for grabs....:hill:

acon40
09-15-2007, 09:35 PM
Sorry guys, spoken for......

corsair23
09-15-2007, 11:47 PM
Hope Matt got it...Sorry I was out all day :(

Hulk
09-16-2007, 08:59 AM
Guess someone else spoke up? I thought I had second "dibs" after Jeff.

Uncle Ben
09-16-2007, 09:52 AM
Guess someone else spoke up? I thought I had second "dibs" after Jeff.

Thats the way I read the posts.....hmmmm:confused: I didn't post up as I thought between you two it was spoken for....interesting fer sho....

acon40
09-16-2007, 10:32 AM
Sorry guys, a guy put the money down from mud. I still have a friend down there I could talkinto sending two or three complete units I am sure.

PatrolMan
09-16-2007, 12:04 PM
Just to understand, this is a 2nd tank for a FJ80? And there are 2 filler necks, 1 for each tank? I have a 2nd tank for my 4runner. It is intended to use the same filler tube and then a nightmare of tubing that I don't like. Any chance of getting a 2nd filler tube for a 4Runner? Do you have pics of the 2 filler setup?

Romer
09-16-2007, 01:01 PM
so much talk....no bites hahahaha....still up for grabs....:hill:

looked to me like you had two bites here. This doesn't seem Kosher to me.

acon40
09-16-2007, 04:56 PM
Sorry for the mix up guys. I had 1 pm and no one said for sure they wanted it. Sorry for the mix up but I didn't know for sure if anyone wanted it or what.

Romer
09-16-2007, 05:05 PM
Sorry for the mix up guys. I had 1 pm and no one said for sure they wanted it. Sorry for the mix up but I didn't know for sure if anyone wanted it or what.

We are kind of a more respectful bunch here. Jeff spoke up first so no one would have PM'd you. Matt stated his postion if Jeff was out. I know other people were waiting in the wings, but again aout of respect for Jeff were holding off.
Even on Mud, Matt's speaking up would have counted as second dibbs and your selling it to someone else would not have been kosher there either.

acon40
09-16-2007, 05:14 PM
I see.....well, I will contact my source if you guys want some units. I have no problem helping out.

acon40
09-16-2007, 08:20 PM
Ok, I just got off sype and to keep on good terms with everyone here is the deal.

I talked to my buddy in Sydney and I have three sets up for grabs. This will be two grey up for grabs and one tan. This will include the tank with straps, the overhead console and the dual filler (diesel w/o ristrictor).

so I will offer the deal for $500 like I said I would from the first part. This will take 60-90 days to get to me via sea mail. I am going to take a three hundread dollar deposit on this setup just to insure it's spoken for as I am eating $100 per setup. You will need to decide by next week as my shipment of my parts goes out then.

Sound fair Romer?

acon40
09-16-2007, 08:23 PM
BTW, this is a sun deal only and if no one bites from here they don't get shipped.

Look, I am not trying to burn bridges. I have always worked with first with the cash has it. I understand that the club is a great resource and I want to stay on good terms and offer this deal to them. By all means do I want to stay a part of this forum/club and I have offered any parts I don't want for free 99% of the time.

Regardless, I am just trying to man up and step up to the plate. Take it how you will...

Romer
09-16-2007, 08:27 PM
Sounds fair to me, but it's not for me to say. I was just giving you my opinion as my experiance as a moderator on mud is that a lot of people don't see the others perspective and that breeds poor communications and that breeds distrust and annomosity. So I tend to speak up even here where I see a situation of different expectatiuons before an existing or future relationship gets derailed and one party has no idea why.

Can your buddy get a tan overhead console? if so how much?

Romer
09-16-2007, 08:31 PM
BTW, this is a sun deal only and if no one bites from here they don't get shipped.

Look, I am not trying to burn bridges. I have always worked with first with the cash has it. I understand that the club is a great resource and I want to stay on good terms and offer this deal to them. By all means do I want to stay a part of this forum/club and I have offered any parts I don't want for free 99% of the time.

Regardless, I am just trying to man up and step up to the plate. Take it how you will...

Your doing the stand up thing. I will look forward to buying you a beer and toasting to your good health.

So from what I read you are telling Jeff, Matt and Kevin to step up and commit before the end of the week. I think if one of them doesn't want one to say so and open their slot. Post up if thats not correct.

:beer:

acon40
09-16-2007, 08:36 PM
That is correct. Without a deposit I am unwilling to risk $600 one a setup. Nothing personal. Just dollar and sense. I am 26, about to get married and paying a mortgage that is out of this world so I am not trying to proffit as stated. This site has been a great resource for me. I look up to and respect you all. And I pass Uncle Ben all the time (the silve truck with the roof top on top is me.....) so yeah. If you guys want these setups paypal me asap to insure it gets sent. Mine is a grey, but I am about to redo my head liner and pillars and tan overhead console all in the right color fabric so thats food for that.

Anywa, back to getting my ass kick by the wife and roomie in monopoly.......yes, I suck at that game.....I am sure the shots have not helped....but let it be know that with my intentions of joining the club....this hit me deep and I want to keep it respectable and good for all....

corsair23
09-16-2007, 08:42 PM
Acon,

Thanks for working to get more :thumb: and sorry to have not gotten back to you quicker...However, I'll pass my slot to someone else for now :)

Question though for down the road...Can we use the diesel dual fillers on gas 80s? For some reason I was thinking the filler tubes were different sizes but maybe that is what you meant by no restrictor...

EDIT: Things work slower over here than on MUD too :) - Sometimes it may take folks a few days to respond as compared to MUD where you've got 1000s of folks checking in constantly :hill:

Romer
09-16-2007, 08:43 PM
Cool, but I don't think anyone would want you to lose any money> If I read you right, you are planning on eating $100 on each setup, That's my opinion, let me know on the overhead console and I am willing pay you more than your cost, depending on what it is.

Just curious, the overhead is a nice to have and not a must have. Would it be cheaper to get it without the overhead or is it a set package deal.

Romer
09-16-2007, 08:44 PM
Acon,

Question though for down the road...Can we use the diesel dual fillers on gas 80s? For some reason I was thinking the filler tubes were different sizes but maybe that is what you meant by no restrictor...

The Diesel filler works and does not have the restrictor that only allows the unleaded pumps into.

acon40
09-16-2007, 08:50 PM
Not to sure on the restrictor, you have to do the research. I will see if I can track down a tan overhead console. He owes me a favor and we will just call it even as a thanks for all the write ups and the such for the board. Sound fair?

Romer
09-16-2007, 08:55 PM
Not to sure on the restrictor, you have to do the research. I will see if I can track down a tan overhead consol. He owes me a favor and we will just call it even as a thanks for all the writer ups and the such for the board. Sound fair?

I would feel not worthy if I didn't at least cover your costs.

The only thing on the restrictor is if Colorado air care does a visual during emissions, says they do but not sure that I have ever seen them do it. I think you could fab something up and put it in there.

There are no technical issues limiting the deisel dual filler or tank. If these are diesel tanks, then you will need to replace the sender for the 3 wire. I have a spare as I thought mine was bad. Cdan carries thses on his shelf and they are about $45.

acon40
09-16-2007, 08:58 PM
Yea, diesel are just easier to find......as for the overthead console, ask nakmen, a bottle of jagger goes a long way with me. It erms of the restrictor, you all need to man up and do the diesel swap like me.....hahah

corsair23
09-16-2007, 10:20 PM
The only thing on the restrictor is if Colorado air care does a visual during emissions, says they do but not sure that I have ever seen them do it. I think you could fab something up and put it in there.

IIRC recently (within the last year) someone posted up here about this very thing...IIRC he could not pass emissions testing until he was able to get a restrictor installed...

Since these were diesel tanks then would a person need to have the tank cleaned? My guess is yes but maybe the tanks get cleaned before shipping...

Uncle Ben
09-16-2007, 10:24 PM
I will commit to the tan one! Very stand up thing your doing! I will pay my share of the costs incurred....it should not cost you anything! :thumb:

Uncle Ben
09-16-2007, 10:26 PM
IIRC recently (within the last year) someone posted up here about this very thing...IIRC he could not pass emissions testing until he was able to get a restrictor installed...

Since these were diesel tanks then would a person need to have the tank cleaned? My guess is yes but maybe the tanks get cleaned before shipping...

A tad bit of diesel through a gas engine won't hurt a thing. Gas through a diesel is not a good thing.

Hulk
09-16-2007, 10:54 PM
I'll commit to one as well, but I need tan, not grey. Can your buddy source another tan one?

Crap, gotta read the damn forums more frequently.

acon40
09-17-2007, 10:19 AM
Ok, he does have a tan overhead he could switch out> It will still only be three setups.

Hulk
09-17-2007, 10:55 AM
OK, sounds great! I will PM you to continue this conversation. Thanks!

acon40
09-17-2007, 08:15 PM
Got one confirmed. Thanks Kevin.

acon40
09-18-2007, 07:55 PM
Any updates? I only have one confirmed. If no one speaks up then I might just have him send the stuff out a few days early...

PatrolMan
09-18-2007, 08:06 PM
Any chance of getting the dual filler setup for a 4Runner? Thanks!

corsair23
09-18-2007, 10:59 PM
Anyone need just a gray overhead console? :) I'll take the tank and dual filler if someones wants to go in with me and buy the console

Hulk
09-19-2007, 12:32 AM
Any updates? I only have one confirmed. If no one speaks up then I might just have him send the stuff out a few days early...

Money has been sent for the tan console, tank and filler. Thanks!

acon40
09-19-2007, 07:57 AM
corsair....as of right now I have one set left and a tan or grey console if that helps you find someone.

Romer
09-19-2007, 09:02 AM
Jeff, why don't you sell the console on Mud, you should be able to get a good price for it.

corsair23
09-19-2007, 01:27 PM
Jeff, why don't you sell the console on Mud, you should be able to get a good price for it.

Ken, what do you think is a "good price"? If I knew of someone that was willing to pay $200 for the console, Acon would have the $$ for the setup. But I'm thinking I'll have a hard time finding someone to pay $50 for the console :(...I'm tired of losing money reselling stuff I've bought that I end up not using.

Romer
09-19-2007, 02:07 PM
I am thinking $175 even without the visors

Search noob

http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=175835&highlight=console

here is a similar console for $400
http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=138565&highlight=console

When I was in Australia for a month a junk yard wanted $160US for a beat up one with cracked plastic. The Toyota Dealer wanted over $400 and you can't get them here

acon40
09-19-2007, 02:29 PM
Before I had a contact I was shut out on a few and that was at $200 before I finally found one.

corsair23
09-19-2007, 04:13 PM
I am thinking $175 even without the visors

Search noob

Admonished by the master :eek::D

Actually, I had looked about 2 months ago and don't recall seeing anything on MUD and then watched one sell on ebay for like $50 after paying way more than that for the one I have (although I did get visors with mine)...Thanks for helping straighten me out on this :thumb:

Romer
09-19-2007, 05:23 PM
Does your aussie buddy have a connection on the switches? Might save some time to have him even stop by Toyota and get the switches. I got mine from Christo, but don't think he has anymore.

Hulk
09-19-2007, 05:41 PM
Might want to check to see if he can get the small visors as well. Thanks, Matt

acon40
09-19-2007, 11:16 PM
What I would really need to do is get a list of what we want and then look into it. I can't bail it all on him last minute.....but maybe I could talk him into a second shipment.

Jenny Cruiser
09-20-2007, 02:09 AM
Alex,

Were you able to work a Milford or two into the deal?:D

Romer
09-20-2007, 07:55 AM
I would need a set of visors tan and I would prefer the ones with the lights and mirrors but could do with out . . . . oh and a tan console :D jagermeister eh!

Uncle Ben
09-20-2007, 07:59 AM
soooo.....I will apologize right off the bat for not doing the search thang but I'm hearing the visors are different? Shorter perhaps? Teach me ole wise ones.....

Romer
09-20-2007, 08:23 AM
The console is wider than the current map light so the visors overlap it somewhat. A shorter visor folds down against the roof without any overlap.

Or, you could sell the console and not worry about it. I have been running without the console for 6 months. It's a nice to have if you get Georges ECU. georges ECU detects the empty signal from the tank and automatically shuts off the pump so you don't have to worry about running it dry. What I do now is let it go below half a tank, press the button and it transfers fuel into the maintank until it detects the empty button.

Romer
09-20-2007, 08:28 AM
I generated an FAQ on Mud based on my install
http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=150756

Some pics

http://www.yankeetoys.org/mangler/subtankgaugepic.jpg

http://www.yankeetoys.org/mangler/overhead1.jpg

Uncle Ben
09-20-2007, 08:34 AM
The console is wider than the current map light so the visors overlap it somewhat. A shorter visor folds down against the roof without any overlap.

Or, you could sell the console and not worry about it. I have been running without the console for 6 months. It's a nice to have if you get Georges ECU. georges ECU detects the empty signal from the tank and automatically shuts off the pump so you don't have to worry about running it dry. What I do now is let it go below half a tank, press the button and it transfers fuel into the maintank until it detects the empty button.

Cool....thanks Romo! How hard is it to dog down some loaded visors (lighted mirrors)

Romer
09-20-2007, 08:46 AM
If he can't get them, I can talk to Mot. he has gotten stuff for me before.

edit: I just sent Mot a PM asking him.

Hulk
09-20-2007, 10:41 AM
Cool. I've been reading all the threads over on Mud about this. I definitely want the visors. Not sure whether I care about them being lighted, although my wife would probably miss the mirrors.

Looks like there are two different filler necks: one for early 80s and one for late 80s and 100s. Which one are we getting, acon40 -- can you find out? I need the later version...

Uncle Ben
09-20-2007, 10:55 AM
Cool. I've been reading all the threads over on Mud about this. I definitely want the visors. Not sure whether I care about them being lighted, although my wife would probably miss the mirrors.

Looks like there are two different filler necks: one for early 80s and one for late 80s and 100s. Which one are we getting, acon40 -- can you find out? I need the later version...

Ditto on the filler necks!

acon40
09-20-2007, 11:11 AM
I was doing later style.

Uncle Ben
09-20-2007, 11:12 AM
I was doing later style.
:thumb::thumb:

So who needs the Jaeger?

Hulk
09-20-2007, 11:26 AM
I was doing later style.

Sweet! :beer::beer::beer:

corsair23
09-20-2007, 11:27 AM
There are also different setups/gauges for the overhead console IIRC...

Subtank gauge + altimeter (in meters and milibars of course)

Subtank gauge + compass

Other combos?

Acon, any ideas on which setup these ones would have?

Hulk
09-20-2007, 12:09 PM
There are also different setups/gauges for the overhead console IIRC...
Subtank gauge + altimeter (in meters and milibars of course)
Subtank gauge + compass

Either one would be cool. Sounds like the compass is more hassle to set up.

acon40
09-20-2007, 12:09 PM
Its the alt. one. All the compass ones I have seen sent over are using not working so I stay away from those....

corsair23
09-20-2007, 12:30 PM
Either one would be cool. Sounds like the compass is more hassle to set up.

I've read the same...IIRC CDan posted up in MUD about the hassle of installing the compass gauge.

Its the alt. one. All the compass ones I have seen sent over are using not working so I stay away from those....

That was my hope :thumb:

acon40
09-20-2007, 01:09 PM
Ok guys, looks like this worked out the way we wanted to. All are spoken for and we will be in touch via pm's. Threads done. Thanks guys.

Uncle Ben
09-20-2007, 01:26 PM
Ok guys, looks like this worked out the way we wanted to. All are spoken for and we will be in touch via pm's. Threads done. Thanks guys.

Very cool!!! THANK YOU! Look for a care package as a small token of our appreciation! :cool::thumb::thumb:

corsair23
09-20-2007, 02:12 PM
Very cool!!! THANK YOU!

X2 :thumb:

Romer
09-20-2007, 02:27 PM
The compass is a pain, the alt is better

Ok guys here is your shopping list for what else you need

2 each fil hose from Cdan. he knows which one you need, its not froma LC
2 each vent hose from Cdan
3 wire fuel sender from Cdan.

Note: I bought one extra hose type from cdan for spares. It is possible to trim too much.

ECU from George
Switch (Unless Axcon is working that)
Small project box from Radio Shack. Wired ECU goes inside and I filled it with sylicone so it would be sealed.

Wire. Get multi colors so it is easier to layout your harness. I also got colored elect tape to give wire end two colors.

9 pin Molex connector from Radio Shack

You need to pick your pump and get the tank to pump to tank hose. I hot mine at car quest. Pick your pum first. I think Cdan and Boston mangler have two chouices listed in there threads.

Rivnuts - there is a thread on mud in the 80s section on part number and source. The back two were a pain and so I welded that part of the bracket. I can take the tank out just as if it wasn't welded as the other side still has a bolt, but that part of the bracket will stay for me.

I then laid out and built my harness on my kitchen table double checking as I built it. You can install the switch amnd the wiring down to the kick panel while your waiting.

You can either build the complete harness or tap into the harness thats there. I just built one while I was waiting for sseamail and then it took me a short bit to install.

corsair23
09-21-2007, 01:46 AM
Thanks Ken!! Great information to have. I'll have to look at the write up you did on MUD again as well to see how you addressed the tow hitch support arms back there.

Uncle Ben
09-21-2007, 04:45 AM
<snip>

Ok guys here is your shopping list for what else you need

2 each fil hose from Cdan. he knows which one you need, its not froma LC
2 each vent hose from Cdan
3 wire fuel sender from Cdan.

<snip>

Thank you Romer!!! Very helpful! Do you by chance have part numbers for those of us who return support to our local supporting TD's?

Romer
09-21-2007, 09:01 AM
Thank you Romer!!! Very helpful! Do you by chance have part numbers for those of us who return support to our local supporting TD's?

No I don't. The fill hoses aren't from a Land cruiser, Dan figured out something that would work when he was doing his setup. Nothing like being able to walk into a Toyota stock room to see what works while your trying to gin something else.

I probably have the vent hose part number because I have an extra one lying in a bag still (somewhere).

Plenty of time for Jeff :D to order from Cdan and then let you know what it is.

Cdan is p[robably the only one you can get a fuel sender from though. He made a special arrangement, You mihght check with Boulder Toyota on that.

acon40
09-21-2007, 09:23 AM
We should all try to order the parts all at once for discount I would think. I need a set of all those goodies still too.

Uncle Ben
09-21-2007, 09:52 AM
We should all try to order the parts all at once for discount I would think. I need a set of all those goodies still too.

That sounds like a good idea....I would be in! Any chance of the visors from your friend?

Romer
09-21-2007, 10:31 AM
Mot told me that you can only get gray in Japan for some reason.

Uncle Ben
10-10-2007, 09:42 PM
TTT....just curious on the status? :confused: :thumb:

acon40
10-11-2007, 12:45 AM
All three sets got cleared and sent out last week he had some tie ups on his end due to the quantity....not really sure but it all worked out......now comes the waiting game.....

Uncle Ben
10-11-2007, 08:20 AM
All three sets got cleared and sent out last week he had some tie ups on his end due to the quantity....not really sure but it all worked out......now comes the waiting game.....

Very cool! Thanks! :thumb::thumb:

acon40
10-11-2007, 10:53 AM
On a side note, have you guys order all the other parts...I have not had time to and I want to see if someone can double their order for me so I get everything I need.

corsair23
10-11-2007, 12:15 PM
On a side note, have you guys order all the other parts...I have not had time to and I want to see if someone can double their order for me so I get everything I need.

Not yet...Was going to call CDan and ask for the Romer aux fuel tank package :thumb:

I'm slow though and not sure when I'll get to it...If you want, when I check with CDan I'll let you know what we need to order and how much it is expected to be.

Uncle Ben
10-11-2007, 01:59 PM
Not yet...Was going to call CDan and ask for the Romer aux fuel tank package :thumb:

I'm slow though and not sure when I'll get to it...If you want, when I check with CDan I'll let you know what we need to order and how much it is expected to be.

I'll hit up George for the relays for us all. I'm assuming 5 (1 spare)? I'm going to use an aftermarket fuel pump for transfer to make life simple. But Jeff, if you order from Dan I would love the Toy part numbers PMed to me if you could! (Keep them off of the public side as Dan did the snooping it should be his decision if the numbers become public knowledge)

corsair23
10-11-2007, 02:09 PM
I'll hit up George for the relays for us all. I'm assuming 5 (1 spare)? I'm going to use an aftermarket fuel pump for transfer to make life simple. But Jeff, if you order from Dan I would love the Toy part numbers PMed to me if you could! (Keep them off of the public side as Dan did the snooping it should be his decision if the numbers become public knowledge)

Will do :thumb:...I'll start gathering information and before I buy I'll let you guys know what I come up with and for those that want me to group buy the stuff I can get that done.

acon40
10-11-2007, 05:14 PM
do you think we should have a spare part from george or is one enough? This was a questions I had asked him too......

Romer
10-11-2007, 05:30 PM
I do have a spare sender because I replaced mine and didn't need to. It's the original one and I would like to give it to acon40 for helping the club out here and being a stand up guy.

On the George spare, if you burn one out, he can get you a new one in a few days so I wouldn't worry about it.

You can do the ECU switch and part of the hraness now and test the ECU with dummy loads while the tanks take the slow 60 day seamail route.

Sounds like you guys need to figure out transfer pumps too.

acon40
10-11-2007, 06:03 PM
Romer. Thanks a ton. In terms of sender...have not gotten that far yet.

Hulk
10-11-2007, 09:46 PM
Will do :thumb:...I'll start gathering information and before I buy I'll let you guys know what I come up with and for those that want me to group buy the stuff I can get that done.

Jeff, lemme know too. I'd be in for a group buy on any of this stuff. The new job plus trying to support existing Idea Shop clients is not leaving me any time for Cruiser stuff. :(

corsair23
10-12-2007, 01:40 AM
Will do Matt...I have a PM into CDan and will let you all know what I hear.

Uncle Ben
10-12-2007, 02:05 PM
I have 5 relays on their way! Cost is $25 each and shipping for the whole order is only $6. I also ordered the map light LED array and both dome light arrays for me. If someone wants LED's also e-mail George and order them up and he can ship it in the order coming to me to save additional shipping charges. Cool! I also think I sourced out my tan "short" visors from Auz. Does anyone else still need them? Tan are hard to find but gray seems to be everywhere.

Hulk
10-12-2007, 02:42 PM
I also think I sourced out my tan "short" visors from Auz. Does anyone else still need them? Tan are hard to find but gray seems to be everywhere.

Yes sir, I will need these. If you have a source, I have cash.

Uncle Ben
10-12-2007, 03:09 PM
Yes sir, I will need these. If you have a source, I have cash.
Tan are tough but I'll see what happens....

corsair23
10-12-2007, 03:16 PM
Tan are tough but I'll see what happens....

Thanks for getting the relays ordered!!

On the visors, are they in good shape and lighted with mirrors? I have a set but they are the plain Jane style and not in the best of shape. I would be interested in a nicer set. :thumb:

Oh, and you'll love the overhead LED's. Damn near blinding, especially the dual map light one. It was a mod I didn't have trouble doing :hill:

P.S. Should we maybe consider moving some of this stuff to a new thread??

acon40
10-12-2007, 04:02 PM
I would love to get a set or two of grey visors......i need them bad as my girl hates the ghetto stock visors bent out over the overhead console hahah

Uncle Ben
10-12-2007, 05:23 PM
I would love to get a set or two of grey visors......i need them bad as my girl hates the ghetto stock visors bent out over the overhead console hahah

I fired off an e-mail....we'll see what has been dug up.

sleeoffroad
10-12-2007, 05:41 PM
PS, we have some switches.

Hulk
10-12-2007, 05:53 PM
Christo, please save me one!

Uncle Ben
10-12-2007, 06:07 PM
PS, we have some switches.
PM sent...

Uncle Ben
10-12-2007, 06:28 PM
George has to burn some more PCB's. We will have the relays in about 2 weeks. I already paid for them so they will be here as quick as possible....

corsair23
10-12-2007, 10:21 PM
PM sent...

x2 :D

Hulk
10-13-2007, 01:56 PM
George has to burn some more PCB's. We will have the relays in about 2 weeks. I already paid for them so they will be here as quick as possible....

Cool, sounds great. I'll give you some money when I next see ya.

acon40
10-14-2007, 07:41 PM
Shot in the dark, don't think anyone will but why not.....if you want to send the last balance do to my paypal that would be cool. I am trying to get rockies tickets and I think that is the only way to do so haha. If not, no big deal. Figured I would bug.

acon40
10-18-2007, 02:14 PM
what did we ever find out about the sunvisors?

Romer
10-18-2007, 02:37 PM
I e-mailed someone in Australia, but had no luck. I will contact someone else.

Uncle Ben
10-20-2007, 11:55 PM
Update received today on the relays....

Hi Kevin,
just an update. I have all the parts on hand and the printed circuits should be delivered Monday. So, give me a couple of days to assemble/test the transfer pump boards and I'll ship them out around the middle of the week (along with the LEDs).

cheers,
george.

Uncle Ben
10-21-2007, 12:23 PM
what did we ever find out about the sunvisors?

So far my source has only found one set of tan visors and they were trashed. He has found a couple clean sets of gray ones. I can have him grab the gray ones if you want but it's probably cheaper to get them from Japan vrs. Auz. Let me know if you want gray and I'll have him grab 'em. It would be nice to get them all sent together to save on shipping. BTW it seems all the Aussi visors have the lighted mirrors vrs. the JDM ones which do not....seems backwards of the way it usually is!

acon40
10-21-2007, 12:30 PM
I would love a set. I plan to change the coolor of my head liner, re finish the visisors and cloth the pillars.....like vw. So yea, snag me any set, any color as long as it can be refinished.

Romer
10-21-2007, 04:26 PM
I have a friend in Oz checking it out. Mot said you can only get Gray in Japan, go figure.

My friend is going to call the Toyota dealer and ask how much new.

Romer
10-21-2007, 04:28 PM
I am wondering if you could cut the end off in such a way that there is extra material and then re-seal the end, maybe spend a few bucks and go to an auto set cover place or somewhere else to make them look stock.

What do you guys think of that?

Uncle Ben
10-21-2007, 06:31 PM
I am wondering if you could cut the end off in such a way that there is extra material and then re-seal the end, maybe spend a few bucks and go to an auto set cover place or somewhere else to make them look stock.

What do you guys think of that?

That is what I have been contemplating also. The edges are hot vulcanized and I bet there is some high end upholstery shop around that can easily take the "wings" off.

acon40
10-21-2007, 07:00 PM
I will ask this week. I am going to a shop to price out a replacement headliner.

Hulk
10-22-2007, 10:38 AM
Sounds like a good plan to me!

Uncle Ben
10-23-2007, 01:13 AM
"Hi Kevin,
built, tested and will be in the mail along with the LEDs priority post tomorrow morning.

cheers,
george."

Just need to secure visors and build harness and when the tanks are here it will be done! :thumb::thumb:

Uncle Ben
10-25-2007, 03:32 PM
Just got the care package from George today. Now 'ya all can build them harnesses! ;):)