PDA

View Full Version : Movie review

Uncle Ben
09-15-2007, 09:27 PM
Thought we needed this thread....

All week I have been itching to see the Crowe/Bale western "3:10 to Yuma." Lori and I went early this evening and I have to say it was worth it! Fun "shoot 'em up...bang bang!" Crowe was his usual amazing self and Bale played one of his better roles! If you are a western movie fan this is a must see! Very politically incorrect! :thumb:;)

corsair23
09-16-2007, 10:59 PM
Movie review...hmmm

I can't remember the last time I saw an adult movie but when I do I'll post up :)

Somehow I don't think many folks will be interested in kid movie reviews :lmao:

Hulk
09-17-2007, 08:53 AM
Best movies I've seen this year:

Hot Fuzz (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0425112/)
Knocked UpAlso, the whole family loved Mr. Bean's Holiday.

Shark Bait
09-17-2007, 09:47 AM
Jeanette and I saw 3:10 to Yuma the day it opened and really liked it. It's based on the Elmore Leonard story of the same name.

Bourne Ultimatum was really good. Pretty much non-stop action.

Red_Chili
09-17-2007, 09:53 AM
Ditto on Bourne. I need to catch 3:10, haven't yet. Couldn't relate to Hot Fuzz though, my son recommended it and I just couldn't relate to that kind of British humour...

Uncle Ben
09-17-2007, 11:13 AM
Jeanette and I saw 3:10 to Yuma the day it opened and really liked it. It's based on the Elmore Leonard story of the same name.

Bourne Ultimatum was really good. Pretty much non-stop action.

Dito on Borne! My wife, oldest daughter and I did a Borne-a-thon and watched "Identity" and "Supremacy" here then when the next night to "Ultimatum".....that was freaking awesome! Can't wait till DVD so I can see "Ultimatum" again!

Uncle Ben
09-17-2007, 11:15 AM
Best movies I've seen this year:

Hot Fuzz (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0425112/)
Knocked UpAlso, the whole family loved Mr. Bean's Holiday.

Haven't seen Hot Fuzz yet....doesn't look like a movie I would like. What highlights can you give that make it a must see?

Bean is a stitch!

Uncle Ben
09-17-2007, 11:16 AM
Movie review...hmmm

I can't remember the last time I saw an adult movie but when I do I'll post up :)

Somehow I don't think many folks will be interested in kid movie reviews :lmao:

Rattatoli is a must see! I love modern kid movies, especially Pixar!!!!

Hulk
09-17-2007, 01:08 PM
Haven't seen Hot Fuzz yet....doesn't look like a movie I would like. What highlights can you give that make it a must see?

Good action. Very, very funny. They make fun of the action movie genre while at the same time making an excellent action movie. The last 30 minutes are filled with non-stop explosions. We saw it in a packed theater, and everyone was laughing constantly.
In this action-packed comedy, Nicholas Angel (played by Simon Pegg) is the finest police officer London has to offer, with an arrest record 400% higher than any other officer on the force. He's so good, he makes everyone else look bad. As a result, Angel's superiors send him to a place where his talents won't be quite so embarrassing -- the sleepy and seemingly crime-free village of Sandford. A small village is about to get some big city justice. (Rogue Pictures)
Read more at MetaCritic (http://www.metacritic.com/film/titles/hotfuzz?q=hot%20fuzz).

Uncle Ben
09-17-2007, 01:30 PM
Cool....sounds like it might be worth watching....

Rezarf
09-17-2007, 02:51 PM
x3 on the Ultimatum, by far my favorite series ever.