PDA

View Full Version : Kelly Flats rollover...

treerootCO
09-23-2007, 01:23 PM
http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=77828

They didn't mention it in the article but that would be the Kelly Flats trail. Most likely on heart attack hill.

Red_Chili
09-24-2007, 08:22 AM
Awful. This is the kind of stuff (alcohol college 'camping' trips) that is getting our trails trashed, wetlands driven through, hills torn up... and now a young life ended. :(

Rezarf
09-24-2007, 01:34 PM
Sounded like the guys were coming down the trial, and were out of the hard stuff. The reporter mentioned that they were speeding on a gravel road. All 4 were not wearing seat belts... the one killed was ejected from the vehicle, this is so preventable and very, very sad.

Squishy!
09-28-2007, 01:26 PM
I agree. When I was in high school we would go wheel after school or on weekends all the time, but I never let anyone bring alcohol and made sure they understood what not wearing a seatbelt meant. Four wheeling should never be taken lightly, even if it is on a gravel road. it's frustrating seeing smart kids my own age killing themselves because they're too immature to put on a simple seatbelt and separate alcohol and trucks. This kind of thing really sucks.