PDA

View Full Version : ARB Bullbar Front Indicator lights

Inukshuk
09-23-2007, 10:29 PM
Anyone know where I can get replacement lights (the entire housing) for my ARB Bullbar Front indicator lights? Its an 80 series. Thanks! :beer:

Vitesse_6
09-23-2007, 11:25 PM
I just fixed mine, Kurt said there arent any local sources but if you can find one from an old bumper get it.
I didnt seal mine properly and over CM I flooded it and rusted it out.
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/186/487138352_d7cd57cce9_o.jpg
I was able to clean out most of the rust and re-wire it and put in a new bulb, They are quite a simple electrical piece
Good luck

corsair23
09-24-2007, 01:16 AM
Daniel,

Sent you a PM...

Inukshuk
09-25-2007, 02:00 PM
Thanks! I'll be ordering direct from ARB. I have already fixed mine once and they are toast. I could probably fix them up again but its not worth the time. Mine have some heat damage too. I think they will be a good place to look into LED bulbs.

Nice photo!

corsair23
09-25-2007, 04:43 PM
Mine have some heat damage too. I think they will be a good place to look into LED bulbs.

Daniel, do you have the lights hooked up so they come on with the parking lights and if so did you change out the bulbs to a smaller size (type 67 bulbs IIRC)? I read when I installed my ARB that if you leave the bulbs that come with the lights in and use them as marker lights and not just blinkers that the heat from the bulbs will melt the lenses.

Just in case you didn't already know this :thumb:

Inukshuk
09-25-2007, 09:05 PM
Daniel, do you have the lights hooked up so they come on with the parking lights and if so did you change out the bulbs to a smaller size (type 67 bulbs IIRC)? I read when I installed my ARB that if you leave the bulbs that come with the lights in and use them as marker lights and not just blinkers that the heat from the bulbs will melt the lenses.

Just in case you didn't already know this :thumb:

The bar was installed when I bought my rig and the lights were hooked up to go on with the parking lights. How do most people connect them? Blinkers?

corsair23
09-25-2007, 10:46 PM
The bar was installed when I bought my rig and the lights were hooked up to go on with the parking lights. How do most people connect them? Blinkers?

Personal preference I guess on how you hook 'em up. Some hook them up so they are just blinkers, others (like myself) hook them up so they are blinkers and running lights. When you do the latter you need to downsize the bulbs to avoid potential heat issues and melting the lenses. I just went with what was suggested on MUD which is a type 67 bulb IIRC. And, not to confuse things but you can connect the lights up in a way that the blinkers will blink in unison with the Cruiser's blinkers when the parking/head lights are off and alternate when on or have them blink in unison no matter what. I sort of like the "disco" effect when they alternately blink when the parking/head lights are on :)

Unless you have a desire to change things I would just leave it as is. Swap in your new lights (change out the bulbs first) and call it good. If the ARB is newer then the lights should have quick disconnect leads that connect to the wiring harness so you shouldn't have to futz at all with any of that...Unplug the old and plug in the new :thumb:

Vitesse_6
09-25-2007, 11:39 PM
I hooked mine up in the "disco" style and 67 is the bulb :)
Thanks for the :thumb: on the photo, I pulled a Subaru through as well :hill:
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l243/Vitesse_6/th_TowingSubaru.jpg (http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l243/Vitesse_6/?action=view&current=TowingSubaru.flv)

Inukshuk
09-26-2007, 12:01 AM
I hooked mine up in the "disco" style and 67 is the bulb :)
Thanks for the :thumb: on the photo, I pulled a Subaru through as well :hill:

I'll take a look when we meet up. Mine is old so I'll have to solder wires but no big deal.

Nice video. Guess that Sooby did not want to wait till the creek dropped! I have heard Kane creek can get big there but have never seen more than a trickle - till now.

Exhasted. Not done packing but getting there.