PDA

View Full Version : Fall Colors Trip

wesintl
10-01-2007, 09:54 AM
I took the Fam out for the weekend. My brother inlaw is pretty good with a camera and we wanted to have a nice weekend enjoying colorado. It didn't start out so well but in looking forward I though it would still turn out pretty well. We were greeted by some of the best fall colors colorado has to offer. We left denver and cruised to Crested Butte via cottonwood pass and jacks cabin cut off. Thing were just starting to look good. The valley to Gunni was at it's peak. A stop for burritos in CB at Teocalli and we were off for Kebler Pass hoping it would be a highlight of the trip. The clouds still lingered but you could see the back side of the front at lost lake coming through. On to McClure pass which was pretty good too. We stopped in Marble hoping FS314 was open but it was not. It would have been a long trip to go lead king to Crystal and still make it to Aspen at a reasonable hour. We decided to skip it this year. On to Aspen which was nice. Very relaxed this time of year in the off season. A great time to visit IMHO. It was decided to wake up early and get to the Bells before first light. One to get a decent spot in the sea of professionals and get some good morning light. It was cold, ~25* and it snowed that sat night. Things didn't look so hot for good pics of the Bells but once we got up there We could see the clouds would eventually break, and they did. A short trip to snowmass so the wife and bro in law could see a great place to ski and check out the area. Back to Aspen for a killer sub at Johnny McGuiers and home via Independence pass. :thumb:

I didn't take hardly any pics but you can see my bother in law Matt's on his Flickr site here
http://flickr.com/photos/oncewaslost/sets/72157602215629978/

corsair23
10-01-2007, 11:41 AM
Awesome pics :thumb:

Man Jerk
10-01-2007, 12:02 PM
The wife, the dog and I did took a drive yesterday.

Colorado springs to Woodland park, then divide via HWY 24. Took Highway 67 from Divide to Cripple Creek and Victor, then too Old Stage Rd/Gold Camp road all the way back into town.

The colors between Divide were absolutely amazing. I'll post some pics up later.

Rezarf
10-01-2007, 12:12 PM
Awesome shots Wes! Your baby is getting so big! Stacy melted when I showed her the photo's!

Thanks for sharing!

Drew

Hulk
10-01-2007, 05:26 PM
Is this a diesel?

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1207/1466592404_913c160a48.jpg?v=0

Chris
10-01-2007, 05:47 PM
Nice Wes! A weekend earlier we did a shorter version after Cottonwood Pass, great colors overall.

Where is this? :thumb:

Uncle Ben
10-01-2007, 06:36 PM
Nice Wes! A weekend earlier we did a shorter version after Cottonwood Pass, great colors overall.

Where is this? :thumb:

Maroon Bells!

milehighroller
10-01-2007, 07:29 PM
We went over Old Fall River Road to Grand Lake and took the North supply trail on Saturday courtesy of Corsair23 Jeff's directions. Great trip.

Uncle Ben
10-01-2007, 09:24 PM
Ya look pretty good in that 80 Wes! :thumb:

wesintl
10-02-2007, 02:46 PM
It's not really mine.. it's not diesel :( I want a 100.

Drew, she's a going like a weed. Thankfully she is out of the stranger danger mode. That only lasted a few weeks. Unfortunatly it was one of the few times I bring the whole fam to a cruiser type event.

I think that mtn is somewhere in Utah. Looks cool, I should check it out one day...