PDA

View Full Version : In light of the season...Be careful out there...

corsair23
10-08-2007, 01:10 PM
Sighting in your expensive new deer rifle

1. Shiny new, high-powered deer rifle.............. $1200.00
2. Quality, high-powered scope........................ $ 550.00
3. Bore sighting device.................................... $ 140.00
4. Hospital Visit............................................... $ 4,893.00

5. Forgetting to remove the bore sighting device prior to shooting? Priceless !
Deer 1
Hunter 0
GAME OVER

Bighead
10-08-2007, 01:46 PM
Wow.

Red_Chili
10-08-2007, 01:57 PM
I've never made a good decision in a hurry... triple check everything. Even if you KNOW that round has been removed from the chamber, OPEN it and do a visual before getting back in the vehicle. And the driver checks all the passengers' rifles. Even though it seems stupid and redundant. That sorta thing.

calphi27
10-08-2007, 02:59 PM
Before muzzleloading season for elk, a friend was going to let me shoot his gun since he could not make it to the sight in. Before giving it to me, he got a "bad feeling about it," and took it in to his gunsmith friend who said that the back of the gun would have blown open if someone shot it. I probably would have ended up like that guy or worse.

BogusBlake
10-08-2007, 06:14 PM
Whoa.

Didn't the Mythbusters disprove that very photograph? They plugged barrels of all kinds of guns with all kinds of stuff and could never get that banana-peel effect. The only one that came close was a Damascus barreled shotgun with a cap WELDED over the end.

calphi27
10-08-2007, 06:42 PM
Whoa.

Didn't the Mythbusters disprove that very photograph? They plugged barrels of all kinds of guns with all kinds of stuff and could never get that banana-peel effect. The only one that came close was a Damascus barreled shotgun with a cap WELDED over the end.

That is what I thought too, but how else would that barrel get like that?

corsair23
10-08-2007, 09:09 PM
Hmmm...Don't know? Got this from a buddy that works for the state and gets a lot of information from police (state, local, etc.). I assumed it came from one of them but I'll check.