PDA

View Full Version : So, what is Santa bringing you for your Cruiser?

Uncle Ben
11-26-2005, 04:10 PM
OK, so I pirated the thread from Mud but who cares....great thread!

I just did the online ordering for Ricecake after the OK from the family. Santa went shopping at Longfield, Man-A-FRE and Marlin Crawler. Luckily I have very big stockings so hopefully Santa will find a place for the 4 DBA slotted rotors, cromo draglink and tie rod, front dif skid plate, and cromo inners and Birfs. Woo hooo!!! How many days till Christmas? ;)

Note: I started a new thread as I didn't want to step on Farnams exciting upgade post! :)

treerootCO
11-26-2005, 05:12 PM
another Cruiser :)

Uncle Ben
11-26-2005, 05:24 PM
another Cruiser :) Woo Hoo! Thats better than a lump of coal! :D

subzali
11-26-2005, 06:39 PM
Maybe Santa will get my left blinker working (or maybe I will :rolleyes: )
Maybe Santa will get me some rubber bumpers for the front of the hood so it doesn't rub on the top of the radiator cap!
Maybe, just MAYBE, Santa will get me some new tires, but I think Santa is looking at tires for the Suburban... :(
Santa's already getting ME a Mountain Hardwear Phantom jacket though, so :p

Christmas came on Turkey day though, I got my grille emblem on, got my bib so it'll fold down now, got my oil pressure gauge re-hooked up, choke spring hooked up (THAT'S why my choke wasn't working :rolleyes: ), cut down my front bumper so it's not in the middle of my headlights, grounded my starter and CB, and hooked up my pass. door stop so people don't whack my mirror with the door, so not a lot but a lot of little annoying things.

Next up after the blinker (with fluid of course), and replacing the broke off lug stud on the red pickup, is drill out the hardtop bolts so I can get the fiberglass top off and refinish it!

Shark Bait
11-26-2005, 07:33 PM
I've got some front blinker material on eBay right now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4593593508&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT

Let me know at we can do a "Buy it now" if you want. :p

Uncle Ben
11-26-2005, 08:21 PM
Get some 5/16" nylon rope and work it into the slots for the hood bumpers....works great lasts forever!

What size tires do ya need? (know several elves that pilfer from Santa's workshop {no that doesn't mean they will be stolen, I don't support theives!})

....don't need no stinkin' blinker..

Cool Jacket .....what color?...

subzali
11-26-2005, 08:53 PM
I might try the rope, I need to look at it again...

My first choice is green, but second is black since if they don't have green they won't have red...mmm 800 fill down warmmmmmmmmmm :D

guess I got lucky that it's the left blinker so I can just stick my hand out, but now it's getting cold out and my heater works hard enough :D unfortunately it's not the guts of the blinker, it's either the switch or the flasher box...cause the right one works all the time, and now the left went from working sometimes to not working at all, but the lights flashed when it did work.

I was hoping for 31x10.50 BFG MT or similar, but if 33s are going for real cheap then why not? :confused: :D unless they don't fit on my 15x8 rims...

nuclearlemon
11-26-2005, 08:57 PM
i've got two great, one good and one crap tire on the 73 if you really need them

subzali
11-26-2005, 09:22 PM
thanks, I'll see what Santa brings, and I'm going on a tight budget to save up for tires that might be a deciding factor on whether I go to CM06 or not...we'll see

Uncle Ben
11-26-2005, 10:28 PM
I was hoping for 31x10.50 BFG MT or similar, but if 33s are going for real cheap then why not? :confused: :D unless they don't fit on my 15x8 rims...

I'll see what the elves can dig up..... ;)

Magoo
11-27-2005, 02:07 AM
i had to buy my own friggin long bow for my birthday,so santa better bring a me a friggin orion!!!!
im gonna go ruin a sock now :D

74fj40
11-27-2005, 10:45 AM
I asked for an aussie locker and 35" tires :D

wesintl
11-27-2005, 03:17 PM
I asked for a Repro bezel.. We'll see if that happens because it's not an over the counter item. I do need a parts washer. So maybe I can ask for that.

Matt, another trick for hood bumpers is use some 2-4mm vacuum hose.Use 2-3 strips in each of the 4 sections. That'll at least work for a while. :D

Rzeppa
11-27-2005, 04:41 PM
I got a club $OR membership and am waiting for the big sale to start on the 5th. Right off the bat will be a new center arm kit and TREs for my 71.

Matt, have you tried grounding that blinker separately? 99% of these problems are a rusty ground.

subzali
11-27-2005, 07:56 PM
I haven't had a chance to mess with the turn signals yet, but since all my fuses and horns had enough rust to keep them from working properly, I think we're all on the right track. Sorry to hijack, let's get back to what Santa's bringing for Christmas!