PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone recommend...

treerootCO
10-10-2007, 11:20 AM
A good plastic surgeon? I want to forget about having surgery and the scar keeps reminding me. I know this is most likely an elective surgery and insurance won't cover it but I don't mind. It is either this or buy a Harley. mmmmmm softail fatboy:hill:

bskey
10-10-2007, 11:27 AM
Go with the Harley!!! You'll forget about any scars every time you hear that burble, and it will bring much more joy than the occational rememberance of the scar you used to have.

Inukshuk
10-10-2007, 11:58 AM
Talk to my friend Greg Buford, 303-708-8234, drbuford@bodybybuford.com, http://www.bodybybuford.com/

and you should see the ladies he hangs out with!

sno bored
10-10-2007, 01:55 PM
Chicks dig scars :hill: Make up some story about a knife fight, or something cool like that.

trucruiser
10-10-2007, 02:07 PM
Cmon Root, Its just like a scar on your cruiser, a battle wound if you will. Adds character.
I say Harley

treerootCO
10-10-2007, 02:09 PM
The only reason the scar is so noticeable is because the city was on me to clean up the yard. I may have torn my stitches a few too many times. I don't want this thread to turn into how shallow human nature is. We are all beautiful in our own ways. Everyone has something to offer.

In my own way I need to forget about this time in my life so this is my way of healing. It is not vanity it is sanity.

Uncle Ben
10-10-2007, 02:42 PM
Soory doood! Even if ya hide the flesh zipper somehow I don't see anyone calling you "Treeblossom!" On the other hand "Treehog" has a nice ring to it! :p: :lmao::hill:
The only reason the scar is so noticeable is because the city was on me to clean up the yard. I may have torn my stitches a few too many times. I don't want this thread to turn into how shallow human nature is. We are all beautiful in our own ways. Everyone has something to offer.

In my own way I need to forget about this time in my life so this is my way of healing. It is not vanity it is sanity.

trucruiser
10-10-2007, 02:44 PM
Throw a tattoo over it.

Uncle Ben
10-10-2007, 02:51 PM
Throw a tattoo over it.

Exactly!....

http://modblog.bmezine.com/wp-content/uploads/200511051706-pix1.jpg

treerootCO
10-10-2007, 02:55 PM
It took me a long time to accept tattoos on others. I finally decided it came down to poorly done tattoos or tattoos with little or no meaning were the ones I didn't understand.

At this time, I don't feel they suit me. I may draw something I really like one day and as time fades, so does the feelings I had toward the artwork. I have artwork ADD so that is why I doubt a tattoo is the right choice for me.

How about a tattoo that says, "you can't fix stupid" right next to my scar?

Uncle Ben
10-10-2007, 02:59 PM
It took me a long time to accept tattoos on others. I finally decided it came down to poorly done tattoos or tattoos with little or no meaning.

At this time, I don't feel they suit me.

OK then sound these out....

"Perfect" Mike or
"Harley" Davidson!

treerootCO
10-10-2007, 03:00 PM
...I may draw something I really like one day and as time fades, so does the feelings I had toward the artwork. I have artwork ADD so that is why I doubt a tattoo is the right choice for me.

How about a tattoo that says, "you can't fix stupid" right next to my scar?

bskey
10-10-2007, 03:33 PM
and you should see the ladies he hangs out with!

Can I see the before or after :lmao:

treerootCO
10-10-2007, 05:25 PM
Can I see the before or after :lmao:

I am trying to keep this thread out of the gutter.

Before: humble without ego
After: humble with ego, not really a better position as far as I can tell.

The difference would be someone who chose plastic surgery to restore their self esteem after a mastectomy vs augmenting them self to simply fit the stereotype portrayed in magazines.

nuclearlemon
10-10-2007, 05:28 PM
go for the harley.

as for plastic surgery, i can see why it's so popular for women...most men are so shallow. i've thought about it, but i find the thought of doing it just as depressing as my life without it, so i'll keep the money.

Maddmatt
10-10-2007, 05:40 PM
I have to vote (not that you asked) in the keep it, chicks dig scars category. I can look at my body and remember when my finger got cut off, when I had my knee rebuilt, when I put my hand in a dog fight, when I put the new stove in my old house, etc....

All of them have good and bad memories associated with them, but all of the memories are mine. Just my opinion.
-Matt

wesintl
10-10-2007, 06:02 PM

save it for a shrink.. cause in the end it probably won't cure forgetting about this time in your life.. JMHO:flamingo:

Big-J
10-10-2007, 07:05 PM
Im not going to ask how you got the scar, cuz it sounds like a sore spot....but unless the scar is on your face, I wouldn't worried about it. Like wesintl said, its not gonna help you forget about anything.
Scars add character, they remind you of the lesson you learned and the price you paid for a mistake you or someone else may have made. I would think going into the hospital and enduring unnecessary pain would remind you more of what happened.
The money you would spend on this, would be better spent purchasing a new "toy" that will definitely take your mind off whatever it is thats bothering you.
Maybe Im wrong, just offering up my opinion and another option. Whatever it is you do, I hope it helps.