PDA

View Full Version : Crazy stuff in Idaho

ginericLC
10-14-2007, 11:30 PM
I haven't been hanging out here so much lately. I've been stressed beyond belief the last few weeks. And this forum is now blocked at work. It was my one Cruiser safe haven I had at work, now nothing. Work pretty much sucks these days too, I have two more classes over last year. So basically I have to pee and eat between 11:30 and 12:15 and I also have to run to get Gabe from preschool and take him to daycare during that time too. Anyway, not that many of you care but here is what is going on in my little world in Idaho.

Two weeks ago Ginger was supposed to have pretty serious surgery. She didn't. It turns out she's pregnant. Keep it quiet as we haven't told the families yet. So her surgery is delayed until December. She has to make it to the 2nd trimester before they can do it safely. And no anesthesia. This was right after putting my 80 up for sale and it selling on Ebay. I guess I have Rising Sun to thank for that one. The buyer told me he saw the raffle 62 and fell in love with Cruiser wagons. He went and looked at a 62 in BC where he lives and he saw how rusty it was and decided it wasn't going to be for him. So he began looking at 80s and liked that mine was prebuilt, tested, and distinctive. He's keeping all the stickers and he's having them wrapped in some clear coat vinyl or something. I really wasn't expecting it to sell. And after 3 weeks of being on pins and needles about exporting and importing it, he finally flew in to pick it up on Thursday. And after finding out Ginger was pregnant I really decided I didn't want to sell it. But it was too late for that. Friday I flew to Seattle to buy a 100 and I drove home yesterday. The 100 is quite civilized even with 315 MTRs. Those tires are gone though, I don't like them. I miss my Toyo MTs already. But I'm going to go with an AT as my wheeling style is going to have to change with all the family changes. I also had to squeeze two jobs I had to do for a gold mine company in the last few weeks. I built them an Xterra (bumpers, sliders, winch) and did some radio testing for them. Boy driving the 07 Xterra was a let down. 6 speed manual, 4.0 and was still doggy, I'd take a used Cruiser any day over it. I also get to experience the joys of a 100. I need to do the starter contacts. I knew they were bad when I bought it but I didn't know how bad. It wouldn't start this AM. It also looks like I have leaking CVs. So busy busy busy. I will say, I love the roominess of the 100. It is huge.

ginericLC
10-14-2007, 11:32 PM
Oh and Gabe named the new Cruiser "The Barnacle". I'm not sure it fits because it is white. But he has always called the Bionicle Legos, Barnacles and naming it Lego didn't go over well with Ginger. I'm going to have some "Barnacle Edition" stickers made to go in the door trim.

Shark Bait
10-14-2007, 11:42 PM
Wow. You have had a lot going on, Eric. Congrats on expecting! :thumb:

corsair23
10-15-2007, 12:34 AM
Wow. You have had a lot going on, Eric. Congrats on expecting! :thumb:

x2 - that is a whole lot of sheite to deal with at one time :eek:

Uncle Ben
10-15-2007, 08:49 AM
Hang in there Eric and congratulations on both new additions! I hope Ginger is OK and we' will keep you guys in our thoughts and prayers! Barnacle somehow doesn't seem to fit but Gabe would know best! ;) :cool:

nakman
10-15-2007, 09:36 AM
Been missing you round these parts Eric, bummer about the firewall.. but good to see ya here even it's just nights & weekends. Congrats on both new additions, I'm sure someone down here knows how to swap a CV if you need any tips.. and let's hope you get to that "look back and laugh about it" stage very soon. :cheers:

Hulk
10-15-2007, 10:26 AM
Eric, Congrats on the expanding family and new Cruiser! I know how tough it is to be over-extended. I'm sure you'll get through this and things will be better. Too bad about the forum being blocked. Sounds like this kind of thing is becoming more commonplace.

ginericLC
10-15-2007, 08:51 PM
One thing that is crazy about the new filter is it lets Mud through. Mud has been blocked for years.

I ordered a ton of 100 parts today. So I hope to get that thing back on the road.

The 60 series I've been storing in my back yard for almost two years is now mine if I want it. I picked up a rolled 91 9 days ago. HMMM! I could see a 60 on an 80 chassis again. We will see. Time is not on my side. But I do have all the parts.

Ginger was crazy sick today. She had to come home from work. I've got to get the starter fixed this weekend so we have two rigs again. I had to hitch hike home with Gabe. Actually my neighbor gave us a ride.

And I was asked to fill a vacant seat on the Idaho 4wd Association board today. I could do it and it is a good cause but I'm not sure I can handle adding more meetings to an already hectic schedule.

I'm still hoping to maybe see some of you in March when you do the preruns.