PDA

View Full Version : Annual Rising Sun Christmas Party

Rzeppa
11-27-2005, 05:16 PM
Who: Rising Sun members and their families, non-members and their families are welcome also! This is an official event, and counts the same as a trail run toward membership.

What: Annual Rising Sun Christmas Party. Food, family and friends!

When: Saturday, December 10, 2005. Start around 11:00AM, probably eat around noon or one, leave whenever we feel like, usually around dark.

Where: Kittredge Civic Association building, 26499 Mowbray Court, Kittredge CO 80457. Same place we've celebrated the last two years. Since the old forum is kaput I can't put in a link to the report from last year, but a few shots of Rising Sun are here (http://www.kittredgecivic.org/recent.htm). Map is here (http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?addr=26499+Mowbray+Court&csz=80457&country=us&new=1) . Directions to Kittredge: From South or central Denver area, go to Morrison and take Colorado highway 74 West toward Evergreen, Kittredge is about 8 miles. You can also take US 285 to Indian Hills and then take Parmalee Gulch Road into Kttredge, but that generally takes a little longer. Turn left on Welch Ave., go one block, turn right on Mobray, the Civic Association building is on the right a couple blocks in, park in the basketball court to your right. Watch out for deer and elk. From North or West, take I-70 to the Evergreen Parkway exit 252 (Westbound) 251 (Eastbound), take Colorado highway 74 through Evergreen and into Kittredge, turn right on Welch Ave. Rest is the same.

Why: To get together at a family-oriented, non-wheeling event, have good food together and enjoy!

Details: Club buys meat and sodas and provides plates, cups and utensils, everyone bring potluck side dishes. Post up on this thread if you are coming, how many and what you are bringing for potluck so we don't have 42 kinds of cookies and no mashed potatoes. We'll have a gift exchange - bring a gift, get a gift. We normally have a club sponsored free raffle, we'll need to vote up funds for the food and raffle prizes next meeting. Since the Association is doing Toys for Tots, we'll skip that this year.

The building has a nice dining/meeting room, an oven and range, fridge, countertops, and plenty of tables and chairs. There used to be a boom box for holiday tunes, I don't remember if it's still there. If not, somebody bring one? I live nearby and will be able to ferry stuff back and forth, including nuking stuff in my microwave if need be. If anyone would like to help decorate and get set up in advance, please reply to this thread, PM me or call at (303) 674-2386.

Red_Chili
11-28-2005, 08:08 AM
Both.

Some folks can't eat ham.

Others are destined to be one.

ohIjustcrackmeupsometimes...

Rzeppa
11-28-2005, 06:19 PM
Others are destined to be one.Ah, you must mean Turkey ;-)

nuclearlemon
11-28-2005, 07:50 PM
i'll be at work :(

wesintl
11-28-2005, 09:24 PM
I do enjoy a dine with the swine...

How big is the gift exchange? is everyone into it? $20 limit or what?

I'm excited to attend my first RS x-mas event :D

Rzeppa
11-30-2005, 11:21 AM
I do enjoy a dine with the swine...

How big is the gift exchange? is everyone into it? $20 limit or what?

I'm excited to attend my first RS x-mas event :D

Oh yeah, we have limited it in the past, but I think ten or twenty dollars is reasonable. BTW, you still want those coarse spline axles now that your selling your new 40?

Just a reminder, in the years where we have had both turkey and ham, we've had HUGE leftovers.

Hulk
11-30-2005, 10:52 PM
Looks like the vote is in, and ham is the big winner. That's winner, not weiner.

Just had a lot of turkey over the last two weeks!

PabloCruise
12-04-2005, 08:28 PM
No can make it this year - Happy Holidays to the RS crew!

Rzeppa
12-04-2005, 08:49 PM
So, do we have a head count?

nakman
12-04-2005, 08:58 PM
Well by the votes, I'd guess 15. For shirley you wouldn't have voted without intending to go, right? :D

Romer
12-04-2005, 09:07 PM
I have another commitment and will not be there

74fj40
12-04-2005, 09:16 PM
Ill be getting a "holiday tree" (aka christmas tree) ;) maybe we can swing by on the way back

Hulk
12-05-2005, 04:42 PM
I'll be there with the kids and my vegetarian wife (so she won't be eating ham or turkey).

Rzeppa
12-05-2005, 05:03 PM
I'll be there with the kids and my vegetarian wife (so she won't be eating ham or turkey).That's cool, you may remember that Linda's a vegetarian too, so we'll be sure there's plenty for them to eat!

bh4rnnr
12-05-2005, 07:50 PM
I'll be there. Looking forward to it. Might head up to the cabin befor hand :p

nakman
12-06-2005, 09:44 PM
Well, I'm out. Sorry.. wife's dad is coming to stay with us, I get to pick him up from the airport tomorrow at 6 (oh yeah get to miss the RS meeting too), then he stays through Saturday evening. Since I have to work Thursday & Friday, Saturday will be our day to do some event together... I already proposed going to Kittredge to talk about trucks but was shot down. So -1 vote for ham, sorry I'm going to miss out this week but will be thinking of you guys.. :(

Uncle Ben
12-06-2005, 10:12 PM
Well, I'm out. Sorry.. wife's dad is coming to stay with us, I get to pick him up from the airport tomorrow at 6 (oh yeah get to miss the RS meeting too), then he stays through Saturday evening. Since I have to work Thursday & Friday, Saturday will be our day to do some event together... I already proposed going to Kittredge to talk about trucks but was shot down. So -1 vote for ham, sorry I'm going to miss out this week but will be thinking of you guys.. :(

Take him wheeling like your dad! I'll play if I can get away with it..... :rolleyes:

nakman
12-06-2005, 10:22 PM
We'll see what he's up for. Last time he was out we did the Kingston Peak night run, then he & I tagged along with Jaderunner on the Lac Lamond trail up to the lake. We didn't get home until almost 2...

Beater
12-07-2005, 03:03 PM
in, 2 possibly 3 attending

Rzeppa
12-07-2005, 03:22 PM
Okay, there's too many in, then out, to get a good head count. There are WAY more votes than people who said they'd come, so I will taking the ham vs. turkey vote with about 18 kg of salt. I'll try to get a show of hands tonight. BTW, it's too late for turkey, even if I bought it on Thursday evening it wouldn't be thawed by Saturday morning. Maybe I'll get one of those turkey breasts or something like that.

Uncle Ben
12-07-2005, 03:54 PM
Okay, there's too many in, then out, to get a good head count. There are WAY more votes than people who said they'd come, so I will taking the ham vs. turkey vote with about 18 kg of salt. I'll try to get a show of hands tonight. BTW, it's too late for turkey, even if I bought it on Thursday evening it wouldn't be thawed by Saturday morning. Maybe I'll get one of those turkey breasts or something like that.

I did vote for ham and am trying to come but have not yet obligated to Jeff. Lot's of things going on this time of year. Hopefully I will know by tonight.

Rzeppa
12-08-2005, 08:43 PM
Okay, this evening I got both.

Country AND Western. Oooops, wrong movie.

Ham and Turkey. The latter, I didn't get a whole bird, just a breast. Fresh. So It doesn't have to thaw for three days.

Anybody see the Vickie secrets special last night?

Uncle Ben
12-08-2005, 09:47 PM
Okay, this evening I got both.

Country AND Western. Oooops, wrong movie.

Ham and Turkey. The latter, I didn't get a whole bird, just a breast. Fresh. So It doesn't have to thaw for three days.

Anybody see the Vickie secrets special last night?

Naw his sweater was too long....oops....were you talkin' 'bout the new club deligate? :Princess: :D :beer:

Rzeppa
12-08-2005, 10:33 PM
Yah, not only was his sweater too long, there wasn't anything worth looking at under it ;-)

Uncle Ben
12-09-2005, 05:55 AM
Yah, not only was his sweater too long, there wasn't anything worth looking at under it ;-)

That I wouldn't know. :eek: However, with the smile he's alway's got shining I'm guessin' thats a sign of confidence! Pink panties or not the mans got style! :bowdown: :bowdown: :Princess:

Beater
12-09-2005, 03:35 PM
i'm bringing tapas and bread.... (like antipasta, only greek)

powderpig
12-09-2005, 06:34 PM
after reading throught the whole thread i did not find much in the way of sides. So I will bring garlic mash patatoes (big pan).
Any how I got some stuff for the drawings, Stuff just about any one would want. see you guys tomorrow. robbie

bh4rnnr
12-09-2005, 08:00 PM
Just finished my raffle prize(for the party) tonight at my Dads shop. Just tried calling Brant with Clear Creek o see if he would want to join us... I forgot till I was driving home :rolleyes: . Will try and bring a dish for the party...................

Romer
12-09-2005, 08:20 PM
[QUOTE=Uncle Ben]That I wouldn't know. :eek: However, with the smile he's alway's got shining I'm guessin' thats a sign of confidence! Pink panties or not the mans got style! :bowdown: :bowdown: QUOTE]

It's nice to be appreciated :D

nuclearlemon
12-09-2005, 10:22 PM
have fun everyone...wish i was going.

bh4rnnr
12-10-2005, 08:30 PM
Thanks Jeff for the party. Had fun. Was going to take pictures but forgot :rolleyes: . Good food. Light turn out though, what gives :confused: . Contemplated about going to the Cabin, had to stop at 73 and think about it for a minute(i'm sure the cop right there was wondering what I was doing). Decided to hold off till next weekend....

Shark Bait
12-11-2005, 04:48 PM
Sorry I couldn't make it. We had to put my wife's 18 yr. old cat down yesterday. Needless to say, partying was the last thing on the agenda. :(

Hulk
12-11-2005, 06:57 PM
Do we need to get some checks in the mail for food and raffle prizes? Let me know and I'll call Mary.

Rzeppa
12-11-2005, 08:45 PM
Do we need to get some checks in the mail for food and raffle prizes? Let me know and I'll call Mary.I'm fine until next meeting; Robbie has the receipt for (the most excllent) prizes). The funds are already voted up.

powderpig
12-11-2005, 09:16 PM
Matt I spent a grand total of 182.91 on the prizes. 132.91 at checkers and 50 for the air compressor. If a check gets to me before next meeting great, if not it will be fine as well. thanks for the offer. I will have the reciepts at the next meeting.
Ty and I had a great time, he is loving his new tool set and is adjusting things around the house. Thanks to all for the great time and food. later robbie

timmbuck2
12-12-2005, 09:01 AM
...I thought the party was next week. :( My wine shop had our first tasting on Saturday night, so I was pretty swamped. I will be there for the next meeting in Jan. Can't wait to get my 80 offroad, once I can get it out of Robbie's garage. :)

Timm