PDA

View Full Version : our child is home

nuclearlemon
10-21-2007, 12:20 AM
751 miles and no one can fathom how much my ass hurts :drool:

western slope did a good job. came home with just under $1500. :bowdown:

on an even better thought, we have broken the record for mail in tickets. according to shelly, she's done over $14K in mail order...old record was 8800 :woot:

keep it going folks.

treasurer wasnt' there, so i don't know where we are at money wise.

remember...bring your tickets and $ to the meeting in november!!! need to turn them in, even if you haven't sold them (the state monitors that).

SELL SELL SELL

oh, and the ford took one for the team. real hunters don't need a gun :hill:

nuclearlemon
10-21-2007, 12:36 AM
bit white knuckle on the way home....would've been worse if i had an egt gauge to look at. spent the 8 miles up wolf creek pass in first gear floored at 3k, doing a whopping 22mph, pretty sure the turbo was glowing. never seen it blow black smoke so much. there's a huge gap between first and second and it could not pull that anchor in second gear. might have felt the tranny slip a couple of times also :eek:

then, hit bv just in time to enjoy flurries and pitch black all the way to fairplay, along with some gusts to make it a bit interesting. glad it ended there.

and of course, i had to hit a high deer population area just after dusk again, when they're all over the roadway.

wind was even worse once i got into denver. was tossing the truck and trailer. was worse through south park on the way out though...no trailer and i was fighting the wind in that big ass boat...i almost went the long way through walsenburg and up 25 to miss that, glad it wasn't that windy through south park on the return trip.

corsair23
10-21-2007, 12:49 AM
Ige,

As always thank you VERY much for all you do!! Super glad you made it home safe given all of the obstacles thrown at you.

:cheers:

Uncle Ben
10-21-2007, 02:40 AM
Ige,

As always thank you VERY much for all you do!! Super glad you made it home safe given all of the obstacles thrown at you.

X2!!!! Couldn't have said it better! :bowdown::Princess:

Romer
10-21-2007, 08:51 AM
Ige,

X3 -

Did you stop and scoop up your road kill? Thats good eaten:hill:

Crash
10-21-2007, 09:26 AM
Way to go "Unsinkable" Ige! Record mail-in sales figure is awesome!

Shark Bait
10-21-2007, 10:25 AM
Nice job, Ige. You do have a way with words. :D

bigbluefj
10-21-2007, 10:10 PM
welcome to the club of truck buck hunter's!!!!!