PDA

View Full Version : please keep my brothers family in thoughts

nuclearlemon
10-21-2007, 01:42 PM
brother and the horse trainer are at the ranch in malibu trying to help fight the fires. please keep him and his family in your thoughts. the fire is almost in their backyard. those that know the area know of hodge castle which just burned to the ground. eric and tammy's house is just down the hill

tammy has taken the kids to her fathers house, but eric and the trainer decided to stay and try to fight it. i dont' know if they got the horses out. there used to be over 20 horses there, so i hope they did.

my thoughts to anyone in the malibu area and i hope this ends soon.

for reference, the castle is in the upper left. eric and tammy's house is lower right :eek: needless to say, i'm glued to cnn. talked to my dad, he's hasn't heard from tammy, she's who's filtering the info out. eric said he would keep her updated when he could.

DaveInDenver
10-21-2007, 02:29 PM
We'll be thinking about them. Keep us up-to-date and be sure to yell out if there's anything you need.

corsair23
10-21-2007, 11:39 PM
Holy you know what :eek:

We'll keep them in our thoughts Ige!

Uncle Ben
10-22-2007, 07:49 AM
Ige,
What is the news? It looked like that whole mountain was burnt on the news. I have your brother and his family in my prayers!

nuclearlemon
10-22-2007, 10:01 AM
called my brothers cell phone and it went right to voice mail. but i talked to my mom and she said eric called late last night and everything was ok so far. they've put out a few embers, but not too bad. there was a fire truck just inside the gate to their property last night. all the horses but 6 are gone and they have the horse trailer ready to go, just in case. mom said the wind is blowing like crazy.

Uncle Ben
10-22-2007, 11:56 AM
called my brothers cell phone and it went right to voice mail. but i talked to my mom and she said eric called late last night and everything was ok so far. they've put out a few embers, but not too bad. there was a fire truck just inside the gate to their property last night. all the horses but 6 are gone and they have the horse trailer ready to go, just in case. mom said the wind is blowing like crazy.

Outstanding! Keep us in the loop lady....we do care!

powderpig
10-22-2007, 08:33 PM
I do hope all is well, I heard on the radio the castle is gone. A report said the woman is going to rebuild the castle, after all it is only money she was report as saying.

ginericLC
10-23-2007, 06:47 PM
Any word yet Ige?

nuclearlemon
10-23-2007, 07:01 PM
brother called about an hour ago.

fire in malibu laid down. it burned up to his backyard fence, but because it was so low, he and seth were able to hose most of it out, some just died out. lots of trees are lost and the fire dept busted through the paddock fences to get to the trees and hose them off, but that's about it. :woot:

they won't be able to stay there for a while cause there's no power or water (they were using a pump to drain the pool to spray down the fire).

to all the fire fighters :bowdown:

now, san diego and lake arrowhead are a whole 'nuther story...those people unfortunately are fawked :eek: that area is getting nailed! this will be the worst fire in the books i think.:(

Shark Bait
10-23-2007, 07:18 PM
now, san diego and lake arrowhead are a whole 'nuther story...those people unfortunately are fawked :eek: that area is getting nailed! this will be the worst fire in the books i think.:(

Glad your brother is OK.

The Hitachi Data Systems Support Center is right next to Lake Miramar. They were closed today. One guy I talked to today said San Diego was completely surrounded except for the ocean. Several of the 200 employees there were forced to evacuated their homes. But we just heard the center is OK and will re-open tomorrow.

wesintl
10-23-2007, 08:33 PM
glad to hear they were ok ige. Too bad for many that lost their homes. It's a rough time out there.