10-22-2007, 03:34 PM
Radar strikes again...

I called him.
:D

Thanks Wes! :cheers:

corsair23
10-22-2007, 04:48 PM
Radar strikes again...

I don't know...That winch looks a little too "complete" for you Radar...

You should wait until you find just the motor, then just the cable, etc for sale :hill:

wesintl
10-24-2007, 07:17 PM
uh.. what?

subzali
10-25-2007, 07:17 AM
I don't know if you read what I wrote - I went and got it last night. Some (re)assembly required, a couple wires for the solenoids are cut/unscrewed, cap for end of drum doesn't have screws, solenoid cover box doesn't have screws. It's mounting pattern is so that it can be mounted on a vertical surface (the back side of a bumper). At first I thought that was wrong; I thought winches mounted on a horizontal plate between the frame rails (bolts going down), so I passed. But then I got to looking at them and realized that that was actually correct. So yay!

60wag
10-25-2007, 08:48 AM
I'm almost sorry I sold my 8274 with my 60 but since its so difficult to mount one on an 80, I decided to leave the 60 complete. I've been all through the 8274. I think I've got a PDF of the manual somewhere. Let me know if you have more questions.

wesintl
10-25-2007, 10:36 AM
you can get it online from warn too per the serial #

http://www.warn.com/truck/ReplacementParts/replacementparts.jsp?refresh=true&family=1&model=M8274

corsair23
10-25-2007, 12:48 PM
I don't know if you read what I wrote - I went and got it last night. Some (re)assembly required, a couple wires for the solenoids are cut/unscrewed, cap for end of drum doesn't have screws, solenoid cover box doesn't have screws. It's mounting pattern is so that it can be mounted on a vertical surface (the back side of a bumper). At first I thought that was wrong; I thought winches mounted on a horizontal plate between the frame rails (bolts going down), so I passed. But then I got to looking at them and realized that that was actually correct. So yay!

Some winches can mount iin either a "feet" first/forward or down position, like my XD9000. It was mounted feet down on my 40 and is now mounted feet forward on my LX.

The 8274 however is not such an animal and must be mounted feet forward (AFAIK). The manual off Warn's site will probably answer all your questions but you are always welcome to stop by and look at mine if you have any questions :thumb: