PDA

View Full Version : Affordable Toyota & Lexus Repair(22RE or 3.0 engines installed)

Evrgrnmtnman
10-23-2007, 09:40 AM
Well, after a couple of years of going back and forth. I finally decided to take my 88 Toyota Pickup down to ATLR in Golden to have a rebuilt 22RE installed. The owner down there is a guy name "Jesse" who has installed several of these, and gets his motors from
http://www.toyotacarpart.com/default.asp?i=home
in Colorado Springs. He has been advertising installs for a 22RE for $2,500.00 and a 2 year warranty on the engine. If you want to add modifications to the engine then there will be additional charges. Jesse seems like a great guy, and seems to have the Toyota experience. He is located next to the Jeffco County Fairgrounds. My truck should be ready in about 2 weeks or so. I will let everyone know how well it went. If anyone needs his number:
Cell-720-201-2214
Business-303-487-6195

Evrgrnmtnman
11-03-2007, 09:53 PM
I'll be picking up my 88 Pickup on Tuesday with the new engine. Will post pics and let you know how it runs. Jesse has been nice to work with so far.

Hulk
11-04-2007, 08:06 AM
Sounds good. Hope your new engine is awesome!

Evrgrnmtnman
11-07-2007, 08:04 PM
Well, I picked up my truck to day from ATLR with the new 22RE motor in it, and everything looked great! I drove it home and now I have 67 miles on it, and it drives like new(no leaks either). After 2 years of going back and forth on what to do with this truck, and having it sit for over a year trying to find a good mechanic at a reasonable price. I can say that I made the right decision. Jesse is a great person to work with and he seems to have alot of experience installing 22RE and 3.0 engines. I have to take my truck back in at 500 miles for a oil change and valve adjustment as part of the follow up service. If anyone is considering a new engine or work on their Toyota. I can gladly recommend Jesse at ATLR!
Here are some pics!

Hulk
11-08-2007, 12:53 PM
Looks clean! Thanks for keeping us in th loop on the progress of your truck. He looks like a really good guy to know.

Red_Chili
11-08-2007, 01:01 PM
VERY competitive! Good to know.

beatdown83fj60
11-11-2007, 12:49 PM
That's who I plan on going with! I've heard good things about Jesse and Toyotacarpart.com from other sources as well. Did you get any specs on the engine as far as if it was bored out etc.? Does it seem to be a lot more powerful pulling a hill etc.?

Evrgrnmtnman
11-11-2007, 05:44 PM
I tried to go with a different pistons(keith black) and a TRD Cam, however the TRD cam they have to order from Japan! They don't seem to do other than stock piston's, but I figure this thing will probably last longer going with stock! I did get new injector's though, and I would recommend you do the same(about $140). I've got around 175 miles now and am very happy. Still no leaks or problems.........

beatdown83fj60
11-11-2007, 06:20 PM
Oh yeah, I also had a guy giving me **** for wanting to go with them because it didn't list the brand of parts but to my knowledge they use OEM don't they? He gave me this opinion merely from looking at the toyotacarparts.com website.

Evrgrnmtnman
11-11-2007, 07:49 PM
Oh yeah, I also had a guy giving me **** for wanting to go with them because it didn't list the brand of parts but to my knowledge they use OEM don't they? He gave me this opinion merely from looking at the toyotacarparts.com website.
Their willing to back up their work with a 2 year unlimited mile warranty! Also, they build these engines with new heads!