PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have any luck with World Series tix?

Hulk
10-23-2007, 12:44 PM
I have 2 computers at my desk. Each has a window open in Firefox and in IE. That's 4 unique sessions total. I just keep getting "the page timed out."

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

wesintl
10-23-2007, 12:54 PM
F the rockies and this ticket debacle...

Kipper
10-23-2007, 12:55 PM
i couldn't get any off the website, but i just got some game 8 tickets off craigslist from a guy in nigeria for $200/each. not bad.

he says he has a bunch more if anyone is interested.

Seldom Seen
10-23-2007, 01:39 PM
Not yet. I don't have the luxury of multiple machines or browsers, but I did find a workaround that allows me to get in the que for all 3 games. The que for game 4 has timed out at least 5 times. I did manage to get in for game 3 but I only got as far as the "Your computer does not allow cookies" screen, which is FUBAR 'cus I got the same screen when I tried to purchase playoff tix. I have changed my settings and double and triple checked them.

treerootCO
10-23-2007, 01:50 PM
Don't rule out the Ctrl F5 to force an update in Windows. Works for both Firefox and IE. When refresh fails, Ctrl F5.

corsair23
10-23-2007, 02:46 PM
I've lost 3 hours of my life so far trying to get tickets :(

At the rate they are selling you could get on late tonight and keep trying!

But, what I heard on KOA this morning sort of REALLY soured me on the whole thing. A guy called in and stated that he has 10 computers and each one is set up with some software that makes it possible for each computer to appear like 3000-4000 individual computers...Do the math on the 10 x 3000-4000. He claimed that on the first day he was able to get a couple hundred tickets and figures he should be able to get 5x or more than that this round. Then of course he turns around and sells them for a tidy profit.

So how does the average Joe compete with that kind of sheite? :rant:

I'll just go back to watching the game at home on the couch with a :beer:, some chips, and salsa :)

[RANTON] What would be very :cool: but would never happen is if the fans boycoted the damn brokers and didn't buy up any of the outrageously priced tickets and see them have to eat big $$$ - Wouldn't be fair to the players to be playing in a half full stadium :( [/RANTOFF]

lfd270ben
10-23-2007, 02:52 PM
Thats it I'm blowing up Coors field

Seldom Seen
10-23-2007, 03:02 PM
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For games 3&4 I kept getting timed out.

I was still in terminal refresh mode for game 5 and then My Internet connection crapped out :mad::mad::mad:

Fixed the problem, 3 and 4 are now sold out..... farging ticket buying bots :rant:

Back in the que for 5.........................

treerootCO
10-23-2007, 03:10 PM
interweb says sold out? no idea if that is true. 9news.com

http://www.9news.com/news/top-article.aspx?storyid=79563

nakman
10-23-2007, 03:11 PM
From today's Denver Business Journal..

A Colorado Rockies spokesman said Tuesday afternoon that all three World Series games scheduled for Oct. 27-29 at Coors Field were sold out, less than three hours after the all-online sale began at noon.

After a slow start, Vice President of Communications Jay Alves said tickets sold at a rate of about 1,500 per minute.

The Rockies sold roughly 17,000 to 18,000 tickets for each of the three World Series games scheduled for Coors Field.

The Rockies sold fewer than 500 tickets Monday before they were forced to shut down online sales after some 8.5 million hits apparently overwhelmed the computer system. Alves said in a press conference late Monday that the system had been attacked, but hasn't provided any other information about what caused the glitch.

Irvine, Calif.-based Paciolan Inc., the e-vendor that handled ticket sales, also hasn't made any statements regarding what happened. In an email sent to its other clients on Monday afternoon, and obtained by the Denver Business Journal, Paciolan CEO Dave Butler wrote, "We are also investigating the possibility of a large-scale denial of service attack."

Paciolan officials didn't return phone calls seeking comment on Tuesday.

Contact the Editor Need Assistance? More Latest News

nuclearlemon
10-23-2007, 03:13 PM
3 and 4 are sold out according to the rockies website, so i'm betting it's true. myself, my boss and one other worker were each trying for over two hours solid.

my boss got in, selected his seats, hit the checkout button and it booted him.

the redsox used an online lottery system.

go redsox.:mad:

Seldom Seen
10-23-2007, 03:24 PM
:bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl:

SOLD OUT!!!!

wesintl
10-23-2007, 03:35 PM
I'm offically rooting for the SOX..

I know 3 people here at work got some. One guy that got in bought some then refreshed and bought more. Great ****ing system that you can get in then refresh. He got 8 tickets and tried to get more.

subzali
10-23-2007, 03:48 PM
i couldn't get any off the website, but i just got some game 8 tickets off craigslist from a guy in nigeria for $200/each. not bad.

he says he has a bunch more if anyone is interested.

:lmao: :eek::lmao: :eek::lmao: :eek::lmao: :eek:

Hulk
10-23-2007, 04:11 PM
A guy from IT said that after the first person in our building got tickets, the ticket system was blocking our IP. So out of 300 employees, 1 person got to buy tickets.

wesintl
10-23-2007, 04:34 PM
A guy from IT said that after the first person in our building got tickets, the ticket system was blocking our IP. So out of 300 employees, 1 person got to buy tickets.

That was my guess too. I only know one person in the build that got tix. Sucks to be on a library computer.. lol

corsair23
10-23-2007, 04:45 PM

That was my guess too. I only know one person in the build that got tix. Sucks to be on a library computer.. lol

I had heard that as well (about the IP getting blocked) but it was reported that some DU students using the library computers managed to snag quite a few tickets. Who knows...It was definitely a screwed up cluster and that idiot spokesperson that stated they didn't do the lottery because they did not have enough time? Yeah...right

If the Rockies office had faith in the team they would have been setting that up at the beginning of the playoffs once the Rocks were in. Fubar!

Three Wheel Ben
10-23-2007, 05:31 PM
55" of HD and the beer is cheap in my basement.:blah::lmao::cheers:

$65 for rockpile tickets is a little steep.

Rezarf
10-23-2007, 05:50 PM
All I have to say is if Osama Ben laden is behind the dugout with rows of empty seats around him... then at least we know who "attacked" the computer system.

This is why I watch the NFL. :D

Hulk
10-23-2007, 08:02 PM
55" of HD and the beer is cheap in my basement.

Count me in. Impromptu South Siders party?
:D:beer::drink:

Inukshuk
10-23-2007, 11:56 PM
I think a boycott is a good idea. The Rockies really screwed the pooch on this one. I got booted early and then it froze up many, many times. No doubt people had ways to fool the system too. The whole IP thing was ridiculous. Go METS!

Shark Bait
10-24-2007, 07:41 AM
My neighbor got a pair of tickets for Saturday at face value. He's going to try and sell one for $3k to buy a ticket for Sunday's game. :eek:

treerootCO
10-24-2007, 08:24 AM
I talked to another Senior Engineer I work with and he said he was able to get multiple tickets by mapping the URL. The button would refresh the new window if you clicked it again and each time it would send you back to the end of the queue. He took the URL, copied it into notepad and opened multiple browsers independent from the page with the link. In the URL there was an A B C variable that determined what series. I think he bought all he needed for his kids and logged off. It sounded as if it didn't take him very long.

The attack that caused problems Monday wasn't an excuse. Multiple people I work with noticed a redirect Trojan that was launched Monday when they entered their credit card info. Luckily McAfee caught it each time.

Inukshuk
10-24-2007, 10:39 AM
I talked to another Senior Engineer I work with and he said he was able to get multiple tickets by mapping the URL. The button would refresh the new window if you clicked it again and each time it would send you back to the end of the queue. He took the URL, copied it into notepad and opened multiple browsers independent from the page with the link. In the URL there was an A B C variable that determined what series. I think he bought all he needed for his kids and logged off. It sounded as if it didn't take him very long.

The attack that caused problems Monday wasn't an excuse. Multiple people I work with noticed a redirect Trojan that was launched Monday when they entered their credit card info. Luckily McAfee caught it each time.

Rockies out to be ashamed of themselves. This is really disgusting and I'm not even a baseball fan.

Uncle Ben
10-24-2007, 10:42 AM
Rockies out to be ashamed of themselves. This is really disgusting and I'm not even a baseball fan.

I agree 110% They really screwed their fans! I just can't believe how they handled this! If you weren't IT related you got nada! :rant:

wesintl
10-24-2007, 11:19 AM

I had several browsers doing that trying to hit the server directly.

wesintl
10-24-2007, 12:24 PM
Go METS!

At least someone with some national league sense.. Til this year when they blew it. It was as big of a blunder as the rockies streak was amazing :D