PDA

View Full Version : I just got me a new rig, and wanted to show and tell

beatdown83fj60
10-27-2007, 07:00 PM
http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=185035

I found this on Denver Craigslist and, well, let's just say I didn't throw the link up in the Craigslist highlights thread in the for sale section. She is mine for all of $800. Runs and drives great, and I haven't found any noticeable rust to speak of, let alone holes or bondo. What do you guys think? It also has an A/T and I was wondering.....I had a chevy auto trans go out on me a while ago and the tech that put a new trans in told me that running an Auto in overdrive all the time is bad, and that it should really just be used for the highway. Any truth to this? Enlighten me if you guys can.

Hulk
10-27-2007, 07:10 PM
That's a heckuva deal for $800. The pics make it look really clean!

Jenny Cruiser
10-27-2007, 09:18 PM
That's the way to do it. Buy it, then tell everybody. Nice find.:thumb:

Romer
10-28-2007, 01:12 AM
nice truck and great score. Congrats!

beatdown83fj60
10-28-2007, 10:00 AM
Thanks everyone! I'm really stoked. Now it's time to start saving some cash, this truck is worthy of a really nice engine :D

corsair23
10-28-2007, 04:20 PM
It also has an A/T and I was wondering.....I had a chevy auto trans go out on me a while ago and the tech that put a new trans in told me that running an Auto in overdrive all the time is bad, and that it should really just be used for the highway. Any truth to this? Enlighten me if you guys can.

Awesome find :thumb:

As for the auto trans...I'm far from an expert but every auto trans I've ever had I've left the OD on unless I'm towing or going up the hills and need the "lower" gearing and less hunting of gears. Maybe living up in the hills your approach will be to leave OD off unless your just cruising on the highway.

Bighead
10-28-2007, 06:37 PM
That looks like a great find...congrats.

Corbet
10-30-2007, 11:18 AM
It also has an A/T and I was wondering.....I had a chevy auto trans go out on me a while ago and the tech that put a new trans in told me that running an Auto in overdrive all the time is bad, and that it should really just be used for the highway. Any truth to this? Enlighten me if you guys can.

My parents were finally told the same thing regarding the OD auto trans in their 1986 Ford Aerostar van. Well after 3 transmission blew up on them in 62K. None under warranty of course. The 4th went 100K after leaving it in Drive in town.

But I'm sure this kind of thing varies with different transmissions. The Ford is the only one I'm familiar with.

Red_Chili
10-30-2007, 12:55 PM
I run my Taco in power mode, OD off. Torque converter locks up tighter is about all. Less heat.

Great find! As Napoleon would say...

LUCKY!!!!!

Jenny Cruiser
10-30-2007, 07:25 PM
I'd love to have a dollar for everytime someone told me their Ford transmission was acting up.:D

My parents were finally told the same thing regarding the OD auto trans in their 1986 Ford Aerostar van. Well after 3 transmission blew up on them in 62K. None under warranty of course. The 4th went 100K after leaving it in Drive in town.

But I'm sure this kind of thing varies with different transmissions. The Ford is the only one I'm familiar with.