PDA

View Full Version : will R/S become an ELITE 80s club?? poll

SROR/AKA 2BAD
10-29-2007, 08:27 PM
i'm thinking yes :(

nuclearlemon
10-29-2007, 08:51 PM
no. i have one, but i will never give up a piggie. piggies have too much character. i also will never love an 80 like a 45. 80s are comfortable, but ugly and soulless.

wesintl
10-29-2007, 09:24 PM
I'll keep my vintage iron before the 80... I love the 40's and 70's too much. The 80 is sweet and capable but everyone has one and they all look the same ;) It it nicer to get to the meeting point and back home in a reasonable time though.

SROR/AKA 2BAD
10-29-2007, 09:44 PM
I'll keep my vintage iron before the 80... I love the 40's and 70's too much. The 80 is sweet and capable but everyone has one and they all look the same ;) It it nicer to get to the meeting point and back home in a reasonable time though.

i must agree wes.

they need another 15 years to be "old school" :lmao:

you know i have a 70 series die cast for you wes, right?

corsair23
10-29-2007, 10:12 PM
So much hate for the 80s :D

For me driving the 40 is a blast but when it comes down to taking the entire family on a trip the 40 just doesn't cut it :( - That said, I'm seriously contemplating trailering the 40 out to CM08

It is not like we're all running around in posh Range Rovers you know ;) and ELITE signifys exclusivity...Seems to me that owning a 45, 55, 70, and maybe even a 40 is almost more exclusive than owning an 80 anymore.

Hulk
10-29-2007, 10:26 PM
Even if every member buys an 80, there will still be a bunch of us with old iron.

AxleIke
10-29-2007, 10:31 PM
I will never buy an 80, because I will never be able to afford to keep one. I do have my eyes out for a 40 however, though at this point its little more than a dream.

subzali
10-30-2007, 07:10 AM
Nope, Even if I do get an 80 someday, gonna keep old iron. At this point would rather drive the 40 on most trails anyway, but I guess that's what a lot of people said before they started wheeling 80s...

Romer
10-30-2007, 07:23 AM
At this point would rather drive the 40 on most trails anyway, but I guess that's what a lot of people said before they started wheeling 80s...

Yup

I loved my 40 and was sad to have to part with it. My choice was to slowly build 2 trucks the way I want it over time or sell the 40 and put every penny into the 80, which I did. I made the choice because the 80 is a better wheeling machine (Compared to my old 40) based on my experiance in taking both to the same trails (e.g. Chinamons). Plus it's much more comfortable getting to the trail.

The 40 financed the Supercharger, 315 Toyo's, 4.88 gears, Storage Drawers, Engle and the Subtank.

I intend to get another 40 one day, but build it up. Thats why when Sarah goes to college one of the criteria on a new house is a 4 car garage so I can have a place to build and still park all my vehicles indoors.

treerootCO
10-30-2007, 07:24 AM
I have 17 vehicles and only one 80 so you are safe. :p:

Way too many times I had multiple people want to go wheelin' with me and my 40 is a 2 seater. That meant that every time I had multiple people wanting to go, I had to tell one person they could go and the others were welcome to ride along in someone else's truck. In most cases, they opted not to go instead of asking for a ride.

MDH33
10-30-2007, 07:30 AM
http://mdhuber.smugmug.com/photos/214991943-S.jpg

:eek: :D :lmao:

Chris
10-30-2007, 07:47 AM
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Romer
10-30-2007, 07:53 AM
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I don't know I was more shocked by Mike owning 17 vehicles. :eek:

treerootCO
10-30-2007, 08:05 AM
eccentric is the word of the day;)

That is not a pink pantie mobile, that is clearly a pre 95 80. :p:

Uncle Ben
10-30-2007, 08:10 AM
Jim,
One day you will have a problem finding new tapes for your 8-track! :rolleyes:

Old iron rules! New iron will be old soon!

treerootCO
10-30-2007, 08:16 AM
I wish I had the opportunity to buy a "new" FJ40. Here is your chance.

MDH33
10-30-2007, 08:16 AM
Someone reminded me recently that it's less expensive to purchase a nice 80 than a nice 40 these days. ;)

I'll always have a 40. :thumb:

Red_Chili
10-30-2007, 08:39 AM
I'm just wondering if I will have to join another club just to be around minitrucks anymore!

And you fellers wonder why us minitruckers find TLCA so cruiser centric... sheesh!

Beater
10-30-2007, 08:46 AM
So much hate for the 80s :D

For me driving the 40 is a blast but when it comes down to taking the entire family on a trip the 40 just doesn't cut it :( - That said, I'm seriously contemplating trailering the 40 out to CM08

It is not like we're all running around in posh Range Rovers you know ;) and ELITE signifys exclusivity...Seems to me that owning a 45, 55, 70, and maybe even a 40 is almost more exclusive than owning an 80 anymore.

dude - my 80 is way more luxurious than my range rover was. trust me. that being said, ige is right. I find the 80 soulless and I must admit the main reason I wheel a utility instead of a open vehicle is the comfort. It would just take too much money for me to make a 45 or 55 achieve the level of utility, comfort, and go anywhereness of an 80

j

Romer
10-30-2007, 08:55 AM
I'm waiting for some of you to join my elite sports car club :D

http://forum.ih8mud.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=183694&stc=1&d=1193616247

Uncle Ben
10-30-2007, 08:59 AM

I'm not old enough yet! :lmao:

Jacket
10-30-2007, 09:04 AM
I'm just wondering if I will have to join another club just to be around minitrucks anymore!

And you fellers wonder why us minitruckers find TLCA so cruiser centric... sheesh!

Thanks! I was waiting for someone with more "tenure" to speak up.

Although sometime very soon I'll be starting one of those threads: "Find Jacket a 40" :cool:

treerootCO
10-30-2007, 09:15 AM

TT is your publication, the minitruck guys need to submit more articles. Max and Rob are in the latest issue and so are you I might add on page 1!

Rezarf
10-30-2007, 09:25 AM
Hopefully, Stacy and I will be able to keep the 40 as long as possible. That said, we have our radar in the ready position to start looking once, Lord willing, we begin a family. Once we have a few kiddo's the idea of the 40 and family trips is a pipe dream.

Honestly, I think it is cool that Toyota is still giving us newer options to pursue our passion, heck by the time we are ready, maybe we will be looking at a 100.

This club still has DOZENS of old rigs!... Mike and Ige have that many themselves :D

Drew

sleeoffroad
10-30-2007, 09:36 AM

I don't own enough Hawaiian shirts :D

Romer
10-30-2007, 09:42 AM
I don't own enough Hawaiian shirts :D

It's a german sports car, you need leiderhosen :D That would look good on you.:eek:

60wag
10-30-2007, 09:47 AM
Hmmm... leather on leather might make for a squeaky ride.

treerootCO
10-30-2007, 09:47 AM
I do believe you need a white 80 to be in the cool crowd.

Romer
10-30-2007, 09:49 AM
I do believe you need a white 80 to be in the cool crowd.

I always thought Robbie's truck set the standard.

treerootCO
10-30-2007, 09:58 AM
I always thought Robbie's truck set the standard.
no that is the 6" lift....

steps to be cool:

#1---- white 80
#2---- 6" lift
#3---- ih8mud mods (mostly LEDs for some strange reason)

Uncle Ben
10-30-2007, 10:02 AM

steps to be cool:

#1---- white 80
#2---- 6" lift

There go all my chances.... :( I'm stuck with being an Elitest without groupies.... :rolleyes: :bowdown::zilla::kevin:

treerootCO
10-30-2007, 10:07 AM
I'll let the following into the cool crowd
Antique Sage Pearl (1B2)
Beige Metallic (4K1)
Black (202)
Blue Slate Metallic (183)
Dark Emerald Pearl (6M1)
Desert Dune Metallic (1A5)
Medium Red Pearl (3H4)
Moonglow Pearl (1A6)
Nightshadow Pearl (8K0)
Silver Metallic (181)
White (045)
Two-Tone Dune/Moonglow (2AB)

Pink panties
Black Onyx (202)
Cashmere Beige Metallic (4M9)
Champagne Pearl (1B1)
Dark Emerald Pearl (6M1)
White (045)

Lets pick on Farr if he is the only Black (202) owner in the group. :D (nothing racial about that comment by the way)

FJBen
10-30-2007, 10:09 AM

steps to be cool:

#1---- white 80
#2---- 6" lift

#1---- 80 of some sort :rolleyes: :D
#2---- 3 link front end
#3---- extra large Latte Holders
#4---- BSU= Bacon Storage Unit

Romer
10-30-2007, 10:16 AM

steps to be cool:

#1---- white 80
#2---- 6" lift

Now I understand why Treeroot has a red star on Mud, He is a communist and the above is his doctrine:eek:

Uncle Ben
10-30-2007, 10:17 AM
Now I understand why Treeroot has a red star on Mud, He is a communist and the above is his doctrine:eek:

OUCH! :brick: :(

Uncle Ben
10-30-2007, 10:27 AM
BTW....anybody here have and Grey Poupon? http://www.netshrine.com/vbulletin2/images/smilies/2002pimp.gif

Crash
10-30-2007, 10:45 AM
Wow, you can't imagine the relief I feel to be in with the "In" crowd. :rolleyes:
Just back from 43 days on the road in the 80. Wouldn't have wanted to do 7,115 miles in the 62 even.
:D

I'll let the following into the cool crowd
anniversary sage
moon glow pearl
white
red
and silver/red

Lets pick on Farr if he is the only black80 owner in the group. :D (nothing racial about that comment by the way)

Romer
10-30-2007, 10:46 AM
OUCH! :brick: :(

Ok root isn't a communist he certainally is very capitilsit in his mindset, 17 vehicles.

treerootCO
10-30-2007, 10:53 AM
unless I stood in the bread lines to get them ;)

Last count was 11. I sold 7 and bought 1.

My red star on mud is for my reproduction body panels for the FJ45LVs. So far I sold a reproduction license plate bracket but I haven't delivered it yet. http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=159238

Romer
10-30-2007, 10:58 AM
Last count was 11. I sold 7 and bought 1.

Wow, that was fast. All since post #10 of this thread 3 houirs ago:D

treerootCO
10-30-2007, 11:04 AM
Wow, that was fast. All since post #10 of this thread 3 houirs ago:D

I lost count :o and sold isn't really the best term. I gave away all my rigs for almost nothing when the city got on me. All of them went to people that deserve them so that makes it a good deal in my book. I tried to sell off the LVs and noone from Rising Sun stepped up so they are going on eBay
The builder is set to start building me a new house in the spring however; I still need to find land to put it on. :hill:

Red_Chili
10-30-2007, 12:08 PM
TT is your publication, the minitruck guys need to submit more articles. Max and Rob are in the latest issue and so are you I might add on page 1!
DOH! :doh:

Wait, what... you mean, of my truck upside down?
:brick:

treerootCO
10-30-2007, 12:30 PM
DOH! :doh:

Wait, what... you mean, of my truck upside down?
:brick:

Rising Sun's Jenny Creek Kiosk install...

I can call Dave Zartman if you want your carnage pic published. Why don't you write up the Red Chili body work for TT? Oh that's right, you posted it on the internet....too bad, no minitruck TT love.

nuclearlemon
10-30-2007, 12:39 PM
BTW....anybody here have and Grey Poupon? http://www.netshrine.com/vbulletin2/images/smilies/2002pimp.gif

sorry, man, i'm poor, all i have is king poopers brand brown mustard:(

Uncle Ben
10-30-2007, 12:50 PM
Rising Sun's Jenny Creek Kiosk install...

I can call Dave Zartman if you want your carnage pic published.

Silly boy....let me interpret. William is questioning what article he will submit to Todd. He wonders if folks might consider him elitest and capitalistic if he submits a story of how he unfortunately rolled and totaled his pride and joy but refused to take it off life support. The whole fantastic rebuilding of his beloved old friend into the show stopping daily driven work horse might be of zero interest to others. He also wonders if his excellent pictures and accounting of his previous Turbo-Goat hunt would be of interest to the other fathers in the association that enjoy doing things with their kids. William also wonders if some of his over the top efforts to save Jenny Creek/Rollins Pass could ever be viewed by the Cruiser elitest who worry more about cup holders than they do about preserving public land for actual use of the public.
I personally think he should keep these things to himself as others like myself would hate to turn my focus from plush leather and seat heaters to old dented and rusty iron given a new lease on life. Out with the old in with the double shot pumpkin spiced latte's! :rolleyes: :cool:

treerootCO
10-30-2007, 12:56 PM
...plush leather and seat heaters...:

plush leather and seat heaters? I do believe you meant plush leather LEDs and seat heater LEDs.

60wag
10-30-2007, 12:58 PM
Hey, speaking of cupholders..... my venti tall extra skinny triple shot extra whip lattes wobble around in the cupholder too much. I've called the dealer a demanded a solution but they are no help. Maybe I should sell the truck? Any interest in a white '96 with a defective cupholder?

treerootCO
10-30-2007, 12:59 PM
Hey, speaking of cupholders..... my venti tall extra skinny triple shot extra whip lattes wobble around in the cupholder too much. I've called the dealer a demanded a solution but they are no help. Maybe I should sell the truck? Any interest in a white '96 with a defective cupholder?

cup holder LED mod?

corsair23
10-30-2007, 01:02 PM
Any interest in a white '96 with a defective cupholder?

Wait...You have a cup holder in there :confused: :hill:

Uncle Ben
10-30-2007, 01:03 PM

Call Christo IMMEDIATELY! You are suffering from USDM standardization! A non-US speck cupholder is specially designed for those elite drinks and will solve your problem within 10 minutes! :cool:

60wag
10-30-2007, 01:07 PM
I knew there was a JDM solution to this problem. Now I have to decide if I want my rig to be a "gray market" scofflaw with lousy resale vale.

Uncle Ben
10-30-2007, 01:24 PM
I can't believe this silliness! This reminds me of the guys who made a scene with Brimmer when Christo's LX 470 made cover of TT. Or all the crap that Brimmer got about including Mini's in his calendar. Broaden your horizons folks! We love Toyota 4x4's because of the heritage! 40's will always be the glue that binds us and all the models of Toyota working 4x4's are built on that foundation! It's been a long time since I've seen a 25 in TT, does that mean they are forgotten? NO! It just means the owners of them haven't submitted any material! Want more Mini, 40, 45, 55 and 60 threads and action.....you know what to do! Whine or action....sounds kinda like land use doesn't it? :soapbox off:

Uncle Ben
10-30-2007, 01:39 PM
no. i have one, but i will never give up a piggie. piggies have too much character. i also will never love an 80 like a 45. 80s are comfortable, but ugly and soulless.

Gotta play...

Quirks = Soul! When 80's are 30 years old they will have lot's of soul too! While I have to agree that 55's have a lot of soul I will never own one because IH8RUST! That is a battle you can never win! Same can be said for 2A's and 3B's....lots of soul but can you afford to drive and wheel it?

Romer
10-30-2007, 02:01 PM
Damn, you got seat heaters. daaaammmmmnnnnn.

nakman
10-30-2007, 02:14 PM
Damn, you got seat heaters. daaaammmmmnnnnn.

Can we get a Nelson (from the Simpson's) "ha ha" smiley?

I would use that here to remind Ken how inferior the center console of the LX is.. hmm no space for seat heater controls, no space for mic holders, no big drink/iPod holder.. :D

Hulk
10-30-2007, 02:16 PM
Lets pick on Farr if he is the only Black (202) owner in the group. :D (nothing racial about that comment by the way)

Hey, I'm a minority! Red heads are definitely in the minority on this planet. Don't be picking on me. :bawl:

Genetic scientists warn that redheads are a dying breed; soon they will become extinct in the next 100 years. National Geographic magazine reports that less than two per cent of the world’s population has the natural red hair. But the future doesn’t look bright for the redheads according to the National Geographic article.

Red hair was created by a genetic mutation in northern Europe some thousands of years ago. The article reports that the gene had the beneficial effect of increasing the body’s ability to cope with sunlight; it helped make vitamin D from Sunlight. But now because of world wide interactions, the today’s carriers are more prone to skin cancer and are more sensitive to heat and cold related pain.

Because of smaller percentage of redheads present in the population, it has reduced the chances considerably for the redheads to get redhead partner, so their offspring may or may not be a redhead. The redhead can produce a baby from a single redhead parent; the chances become high when both the parents are redhead however.

Some experts warn redheads could be gone as early 2060, but others say the gene can be dormant in the reproductive system for generations before returning.

It is too early to predict redhead extinction, more research and analysis needs to be done if that is the case.

Hulk
10-30-2007, 02:25 PM

http://www.seomoz.org/images/upload/simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

Romer
10-30-2007, 02:25 PM

I would use that here to remind Ken how inferior the center console of the LX is.. hmm no space for seat heater controls, no space for mic holders, no big drink/iPod holder.. :D

I don't know, my customized nakman mic holders allow room for the mics, cupholder and Pocket PC. That leaves room in the console for my sub woofer and 6 CD changer. Not to mention my deeper rear speaker grilles :D

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/attachment.php?attachmentid=5494&stc=1&d=1184986096

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/attachment.php?attachmentid=5496&stc=1&d=1184986096

Hulk
10-30-2007, 02:58 PM

Wait, I found a better one:
http://www.rustybrain.com/smile/simpsons/p3.gif

nakman
10-30-2007, 03:26 PM
Awesome!!! Hey Romer: http://www.rustybrain.com/smile/simpsons/p3.gif

:lmao:

Romer
10-30-2007, 03:28 PM
Awesome!!! Hey Romer: http://www.rustybrain.com/smile/simpsons/p3.gif

:lmao:

what, you don't like my custom nakman mic holders that allow you to keep the cup holder and other stuff?:confused:

Maddmatt
10-30-2007, 03:29 PM
On Topic: No chance of being an elitist 80's club, you can't be an elitest 40's club and an elitist 80's club at the same time, they would cancel each other out and everybody would have to drive Siennas to the meetings. :Princess:

Disclaimer: That's a joke by the way, I know RS is not an elitist 40's club. :D Only the British can be elitist while driving leaky, slow 30 year old vehicles.

Disclaimer disclaimer: I know that not all 40's are leaky and slow. I myself, for a short time, owned a 40 that only dripped very little and was surprisingly less slow than, for example, VW Westphalia's and lifted 1st Gen 80's.

Sub Topic: I'm glad I, in my own small way, prolonged the existence of the read-headed gene, with my red-headed wife, red-headed baby and red-headed dog.

Off topic: Wait what?

-Matt

nakman
10-30-2007, 03:36 PM
what, you don't like my custom nakman mic holders that allow you to keep the cup holder and other stuff?:confused:

offtopic- Naw, I love it. but still wanted to give you a hard time.... for no reason. :D

ontopic- If become "elitist" means the RS has the baddest, coolest, and most capable 80's of any other TLCA chapter, well then if that's wrong I don't wanna be right!

Hulk
10-30-2007, 04:16 PM
OK, well, Redheaded Stud for hire. :-)

Brew your own first, dude. :D

I've done my part: two redheaded, green-eyed kids.

Uncle Ben
10-30-2007, 05:39 PM
I don't know, my customized nakman mic holders allow room for the mics, cupholder and Pocket PC. That leaves room in the console for my sub woofer and 6 CD changer. Not to mention my deeper rear speaker grilles :D

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/attachment.php?attachmentid=5494&stc=1&d=1184986096

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/attachment.php?attachmentid=5496&stc=1&d=1184986096

I see wires and ace hardware switches...what up with that? :flamingo::homer:

waggoner5
10-30-2007, 07:09 PM
I guess I am OK either way with my contraption, Huh?

Hulk
10-30-2007, 07:16 PM
Kirsten is not a redhead, I just wanted to do my part to insure prolonging it remains a dominate super gene and not relegated to the dreaded recessive status, doomed to be forgotten to history.

My wife's a blonde. But we still ended up with two redheads. You can do it. :)

Romer
10-30-2007, 07:50 PM
I see wires and ace hardware switches...what up with that? :flamingo::homer:

Man, everybody's a critic. No ace hardware switches though. Came with Hellroaring kit and I modified it to fit in the dash.

Romer
10-30-2007, 07:52 PM
I guess it is an elite group though. I saw Matt on Arapahoe Road about 5-5:30 and honked and waved and he snubbed me.

I am sure if I was driving the 80 (LX450) he would have waved back.

Bastid!

treerootCO
10-30-2007, 07:56 PM
The black 80s with red head drivers don't count. They can't wave because it takes up too much processing power. We do have to feel compassion for them though because it isn't their fault. :D

Hulk
10-30-2007, 08:15 PM
I guess it is an elite group though. I saw Matt on Arapahoe Road about 5-5:30 and honked and waved and he snubbed me.

I am sure if I was driving the 80 (LX450) he would have waved back.

Bastid!

I'm pretty zoned out when I'm behind the wheel. I didn't leave work until about 6:15 today though, so maybe it wasn't me you saw? Although I would guess that there aren't too many black lifted 80s with an Irbis rear bumper and a Rising Sun sticker on the back. The front ARB is a little more common.

On the same topic, I see a ton of 80s down in these parts. Nearly all are completely stock. I try to wave but mostly get no response.

When I'm driving the 40, everybody waves: other 40s, Toyota minitrucks and Runners, lifted Jeeps, sweet old Broncos. People who own Scouts wave at me from their driveways as I drive past, scratching themselves and wondering why they didn't buy a Cruiser. Rover guys give me the finger because they are too broke to use their whole hand.

Anyway, I got a wave from a guy in a stock 80 the other day. Kinda made my day. I waved back, but I'm not sure I responded in time.

Hulk
10-30-2007, 08:16 PM
The black 80s with red head drivers don't count. They can't wave because it takes up too much processing power. We do have to feel compassion for them though because it isn't their fault. :D

I'm trying to think but nothing's happening. :confused:

Shark Bait
10-30-2007, 08:24 PM
Jim just likes polls. :p: Light a match and see which way the wind is blowing. :eek:

Oh, pass me a Campari & sparkling water. :grinpimp:

Romer
10-30-2007, 09:06 PM
You know it was closer to 6:30. I went to Wolfes camera to pickup a DVD they made from the old family films (and I mean film)

Cheeseman
10-31-2007, 12:10 AM
wow step away from the computer and you miss all the gossip.

I would like to insert this item. When I joined RS about in January '96 this club had the reputation of being a hard core trail club. I didn't know this at the time but I guess it was true. Many of those guys from that era are now gone. But as I spoke to people around town about joining many of them said no because of that reputation. Kevin & Chris would probably remember this. So this elitist thing is interesting. If you don't have an 80 is the feeling the same only different, a term my wife uses, from that era. I talked to a guy at REI this week who has a '85 60. Told him about us and our meeting time. If he shows up how might he feel? As some of you have said we are about all Toyota 4x4's. I am starting to put my runner back together. It feels good not to ride in comfort all the time. I do appreciate all the help that comes from this club.

Anyway sorry for the late response. Just some thoughts.
________
Ketamine Rehab Advice (http://www.rehab-forum.com/ketamine-rehab/)

ginericLC
10-31-2007, 06:31 AM
I will never buy an 80, because I will never be able to afford to keep one. I do have my eyes out for a 40 however, though at this point its little more than a dream.

Compared to a 40 they are much cheaper to build. No adding EFI, no adding lockers, no SOA, etc... And there are bargains out there. There is a 96 LX450 in boise right now with 150k on it for only 7k. Try to find a clean rust free 40 that runs for that much.

Romer
10-31-2007, 06:56 AM
wow step away from the computer and you miss all the gossip.

I would like to insert this item. When I joined RS about in January '96 this club had the reputation of being a hard core trail club. I didn't know this at the time but I guess it was true. Many of those guys from that era are now gone. But as I spoke to people around town about joining many of them said no because of that reputation. Kevin & Chris would probably remember this. So this elitist thing is interesting. If you don't have an 80 is the feeling the same only different, a term my wife uses, from that era. I talked to a guy at REI this week who has a '85 60. Told him about us and our meeting time. If he shows up how might he feel? As some of you have said we are about all Toyota 4x4's. I am starting to put my runner back together. It feels good not to ride in comfort all the time. I do appreciate all the help that comes from this club.

Anyway sorry for the late response. Just some thoughts.

Cheesy, I don't think anyone really thinks this is an elitist club. Jim started the thread I am guessing out of humor because now Ige and Treeroot have 80's. They still have all their other vehicles (and some of them run :D) I do own 2 80's (LX450's) but also 2 4runners.

subzali
10-31-2007, 07:11 AM
Got my boss to join and he went on the Spooky Night Run in his stock 60, there's trails for everyone! And if you don't underestimate what your vehicle can do, you can be knocked back in your seat like he was! :D

There's also many more ways you can be a part of the club, like I try to tell people. Some guys have old iron they want to have restored and sit in the garage, some to drive, some to mall-crawl, some to expedition wheel, some to keep stock, some to hardcore wheel - you'll fit in somewhere, even if you're a redhead ;) :D

Red_Chili
10-31-2007, 09:30 AM
I'm into mall crawling, and *I* fit in.

Well... at least I'm into mall crawling.