PDA

View Full Version : trade my 80 for your tundra/t100

Beater
10-31-2007, 02:24 PM
anyone? Testing the water, but I could pull the trigger for the right truck.

I realize that some cash may be involved.

4"coils
slee/kustom adjustable suspension
kustom bumpers, slider steps, skids, tire carrier
center diff mod
lights
winch
cb
35 mtr's less than 8k miles
dual batts - emergency start or separate
kustom rear cargo deck/storage
new bushings in suspension
needs a front track bar bushing
new rotors
new tie-rods
new front bearings
new pads
handthrottle
adjusted and WORKING ebrake
cd/wma/mp3 deck with aux input, 12" jbl sub and 50w nomimal amp
integrated beer opener in rear bumper

most importantly.... MALL APPROVED

nakman
11-02-2007, 11:02 AM
John I may know someone who is interested, what year and how many miles and how's the head gasket? thanks..

Beater
11-05-2007, 03:14 PM
sorry didn't see your post.

94, 154k, compression and leakdown within specs.

nakman
11-07-2007, 08:37 AM
Cool, thanks man. He says he's looking for a 95+.. sorry. but here's a bump for ya at least.

Beater
11-09-2007, 06:55 AM
what's 6mo's on the production line...

subzali
11-09-2007, 07:03 AM
A transmission and some dash switches lol :D

nakman
11-09-2007, 08:09 AM
It's all about the 2nd start button..

Red_Chili
11-09-2007, 08:38 AM
Secret 80 speak... :confused:

DaveInDenver
11-09-2007, 09:10 AM
Secret 80 speak... :confused:
Dash switches, maybe a locker thing? I thought the big dividing line was 1993 (1FZ-FE, factory lockers, etc., right?), so dunno what the significance of 95+ is. It's OK, we mini truck people have the high/low deck 22R block secret entry code...

nakman
11-09-2007, 09:19 AM
Ok. So you push a button, and you can start in 2nd... can be handy in the snow, but honestly doesn't get used much. Option came in '95 though, along with air bags, OBDII, different tranny, lack of par valve in engine (easier for OBA or S/C), the LX version, etc. Some elitists might say, 95-97 the best years...

Uncle Ben
11-09-2007, 09:29 AM
Ok. So you push a button, and you can start in 2nd... can be handy in the snow, but honestly doesn't get used much. Option came in '95 though, along with air bags, OBDII, different tranny, lack of par valve in engine (easier for OBA or S/C), the LX version, etc. Some elitists might say, 95-97 the best years...

Contrair mon ami.... The 2nd gear start button is a must for wheeling as it gives you manual shifter control when wheeling! I use it all the time. Push the button and then leave shifter in 2nd or D until you need to crawl over rocks then pop it into L.... no gear hunting! Only real world class all-purpose trucks have this option ....market class trucks just have questions? :eek: :lmao: :hill:

nakman
11-09-2007, 09:58 AM
Contrair mon ami.... The 2nd gear start button is a must for wheeling as it gives you manual shifter control when wheeling! I use it all the time. Push the button and then leave shifter in 2nd or D until you need to crawl over rocks then pop it into L.... no gear hunting! Only real world class all-purpose trucks have this option ....market class trucks just have questions? :eek: :lmao: :hill:

Yeah but with pin7 done the shift point between 1 & 2 is so low that I usually don't bother with it, once the wheels turn about one full rotation it's usually up in 2 anyway, and tends to stay there. I do force it to 1 for big obstacles, descents, etc. When I wheeled Ken's 80 I did use 2nd start more, because I don't like how high his winds up in 1st before shifting (as he be anti-p7). And since I have a switchable pin7 mod, CDL and 2nd button, I've got lots of options... Ok, there's your secret 80speak.. :D

But there's nothing wrong with a 94 and if you have a Tundra and want to trade Green Machine you could be out wheeling that beast today! :thumb:

Red_Chili
11-09-2007, 10:00 AM
OBDII would be worth it...
But... whats a 22R???

:lmao:

Uncle Ben
11-09-2007, 10:01 AM
Yeah but with pin7 done the shift point between 1 & 2 is so low that I usually don't bother with it, once the wheels turn about one full rotation it's usually up in 2 anyway, and tends to stay there. I do force it to 1 for big obstacles, descents, etc. When I wheeled Ken's 80 I did use 2nd start more, because I don't like how high his winds up in 1st before shifting (as he be anti-p7). And since I have a switchable pin7 mod, CDL and 2nd button, I've got lots of options... Ok, there's your secret 80speak.. :D

But there's nothing wrong with a 94 and if you have a Tundra and want to trade Green Machine you could be out wheeling that beast today! :thumb:

Pin 7 mod rules!

More 80speak.....JDM rocks! (sorry-quicky cell phone pic..)

Beater
11-09-2007, 02:21 PM
ok - I have pin 7 too, sorry... but um, why not just leave it in 1st?

Uncle Ben
11-09-2007, 02:22 PM
ok - I have pin 7 too, sorry... but um, why not just leave it in 1st?

Why crawl when you can walk?:rolleyes:

Beater
11-09-2007, 02:39 PM
remember - I have 4:10's. engine braking is more important for me... so 1st is where it's at.

corsair23
11-10-2007, 09:07 PM

:confused:

So the pin 7 mod does more than just allow you to unlock the center diff when in low?? I've never read about the change in shift points...

I was wondering Tim while following you on the Spooky Night Run how you were able to take those switchbacks easier than I (i.e. no backing up)...Were you using the pin 7 mod to unlock your center diff? I know you were going higher up on the banks than I was as well but it was more than that I think...

I've been thinking about not doing the pin 7 mod just because I could not think on many times I would want to unlock the center diff when in low or lock the axles in high but maybe I've been missing more "potential" of the mod :o

Uncle Ben
11-10-2007, 10:15 PM
:confused:

So the pin 7 mod does more than just allow you to unlock the center diff when in low?? I've never read about the change in shift points...

I was wondering Tim while following you on the Spooky Night Run how you were able to take those switchbacks easier than I (i.e. no backing up)...Were you using the pin 7 mod to unlock your center diff? I know you were going higher up on the banks than I was as well but it was more than that I think...

I've been thinking about not doing the pin 7 mod just because I could not think on many times I would want to unlock the center diff when in low or lock the axles in high but maybe I've been missing more "potential" of the mod :o

Pin 7 simply breaks the circuit of locked center when in low. It give the loose screw behind the wheel complete control over the center diff lock.

nakman
11-11-2007, 08:37 AM
Yes pin7 changes shift points. And I was probably open on those switchbacks, not sure though if that was the difference in my cornering ability (or your alleged lack thereof) :)

Let's switch trucks some time Jeff, you'll see the difference. It's worth the effort.

Crash
11-11-2007, 10:27 PM

Yup, in a FJ62 you just put the gear selector in 2 and that is exactly what you get - second gear. World class -sorry, it's not an option, with one less button to push. :cool:
FJ62 - the last real Land Cruiser
:eek:
Buy a Raffle Truck ticket before it's too late!!!!
:thumb:

Beater
11-12-2007, 03:17 PM
you can also unplug the shift computer and your get a completely manual valvebody in an 80 as well.

j