PDA

View Full Version : Moab 2008

bigbluefj
11-07-2007, 06:50 PM
is it to early to think about CM08 was looking at planing the trip already, have the date's all sorted out :D:D:D:D:thumb::thumb::beer::hill:

kevin

Shark Bait
11-08-2007, 05:36 PM
The dates are April 30-May 4.

Red_Chili
11-09-2007, 09:37 AM
Just requested April 28-May 2 off... :thumb:

bh4rnnr
11-09-2007, 12:35 PM
is it to early to think about CM08 was looking at planing the trip already, have the date's all sorted out :D:D:D:D:thumb::thumb::beer::hill:

kevin

You'll have to wait another year for me Kevin, as I'll be in Spain this year
:brick::beer::beer:

Uncle Ben
11-09-2007, 12:48 PM
You'll have to wait another year for me Kevin, as I'll be in Spain this year
:brick::beer::beer:

Kev.....you're gonna have to show up un-announced if ya wanna get the little squirrel! He's about as tough to catch as Red Chili's insurance adjuster is now.... :perry::bolt::bowdown::bill: :lmao:

bh4rnnr
11-09-2007, 05:16 PM
Kev.....you're gonna have to show up un-announced if ya wanna get the little squirrel! He's about as tough to catch as Red Chili's insurance adjuster is now.... :perry::bolt::bowdown::bill: :lmao:

:lmao::lmao::beer::lmao::lmao:

bigbluefj
11-09-2007, 06:20 PM
:doh::homer::lmao::lmao:;);) that's all right little buddy i'll wait :D:D

cruiseroutfit
11-11-2007, 02:24 PM
Is there going to be a vendor night at the campground again this year? Same night? IS there going to be a dedicated area for vendors, thought I head this discussed?

Thanks!

Shark Bait
11-11-2007, 06:53 PM
Is there going to be a vendor night at the campground again this year? Same night? IS there going to be a dedicated area for vendors, thought I heard this discussed?

Hi Kurt. Vendor night was pretty popular. I think we'll do it again. We'll look in to a dedicated area.

cruiseroutfit
11-13-2007, 07:22 PM
Hi Kurt. Vendor night was pretty popular. I think we'll do it again. We'll look in to a dedicated area.

Great, let me know... I'd like to book a spot by the end of the week :beer:

cruiseroutfit
11-21-2007, 02:12 AM
Any update :beer:

Hants
11-22-2007, 01:59 PM
Slickrock is closed for the season right now. We're working on arrangements for a central area for vendor night. I'll post more info as we confirm with Slickrock.

woooody
12-05-2007, 11:48 AM
What's better for camping - Cabins or tent area? Trying to make reservations now.

Thanks!

Ross Woody

Romer
12-05-2007, 01:44 PM
What's better for camping - Cabins or tent area? Trying to make reservations now.

Thanks!

Ross Woody

Cabins are small with just beds and heat and electricity.

tent sites are for . . .tents

I have an RV site and pull my pop up in there with electrical and water hookup. You can rent PU's or RVs to take there.

You can also get large tent setups with cots to sleep on.

Kind of a personal choice as some like sleeping in a tent and others don't. Thats why I have my pop up camper, I don't.

MDH33
12-17-2007, 02:57 PM
Just got my campsite reservation confirmation from Slickrock, I'll be in tent site 112 again this year. :thumb:

Romer
12-17-2007, 03:37 PM
I'm in 164 like last year as well.

Jacket
12-17-2007, 06:18 PM
Ok - for a first-timer.... Is slickrock the campground of choice for the event? If so, is there a better area to reserve for someone with small kids and/or a :Princess: that might need to go to bed early?

I'm looking for a tent spot that can support a fairly large family-sized tent.

Hulk
12-17-2007, 06:43 PM
Slickrock is where about 90% of the people will stay. Lots of time and opportunities to socialize. There will be other kids there, too.

There are some people who prefer to camp elsewhere or stay in hotels/condos. But you'll miss out on some of the fun.

Tch2fly
12-17-2007, 09:07 PM
I got my email confirmation from Missy saying I had a spot for me and my trailer ... hope you guys know how to treat a virgin :D

Romer
12-17-2007, 09:52 PM
I got my email confirmation from Missy saying I had a spot for me and my trailer ... hope you guys know how to treat a virgin :D

Lots of olive oil :eek:

leiniesred
12-18-2007, 09:14 AM
I got my cabin confirmation from Missy.

bigbluefj
12-18-2007, 08:56 PM
i'm still waiting for mine

11thcavdrt
12-22-2007, 02:26 AM
The dates are April 30-May 4.

Hi: iam a member of this fine club, but due to some re-occuring medical
issued havent attended any meetings lately. anyway ive been checking the
web site for cruise moab 2008 and havent seen to much until recently.we
attended last yr run,great time. when will there be a posting on when to
start signing up for the 2008 trip? seems like last r it started around the
end of jan or first part of feb.! any info. would be appreciated,thxs.!

Uncle Ben
12-22-2007, 09:28 AM
Hi: iam a member of this fine club, but due to some re-occuring medical
issued havent attended any meetings lately. anyway ive been checking the
web site for cruise moab 2008 and havent seen to much until recently.we
attended last yr run,great time. when will there be a posting on when to
start signing up for the 2008 trip? seems like last r it started around the
end of jan or first part of feb.! any info. would be appreciated,thxs.!

This (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/cruisemoab.asp) page gets updated quite frequently....

Inukshuk
12-27-2007, 05:51 PM
I have Cabin 11 reserved.

packman73
12-29-2007, 01:38 PM
Not sure if you all are looking for trail leaders/gunners yet, but if you need a extra leader/gunner, please let me know. I attended last year and was thoroughly impressed with your event and will be returning this year. Right now there are 3 of us from Tall Corn Cruisers that are planning on making the journey.

Look forward to seeing you all in a few short months!

-Art Schramm
07 FJC Black Cherry

Romer
12-29-2007, 02:10 PM
Thank you Art. Look forward to seeing you again in 2008

timmbuck2
12-29-2007, 02:19 PM
Just reserved a cabin, and I took the week off from work. Have a commitment April 24 - 26, but then will start heading west. Let me know how I can help out.

T

woooody
01-02-2008, 01:36 PM
Got my tent site confirmation Monday, and just registered today. Going lightweight ;)

cruiseroutfit
01-02-2008, 02:14 PM
... We'll look in to a dedicated area.

Was a finally decission on a dedicated vendor area ever made?

Hants
01-02-2008, 05:34 PM
Still awaiting confirmation from Slickrock. We're trying to get a central vendor area, but we can't post up any details until they confirm.

We'll keep you posted.

mickey_rubicon
01-02-2008, 06:58 PM
As much as I had a blast in 2007 and one trip was just not enough to see everything, I will be focusing efforts and resources on on ACT2008 this year. Maybe I will come the year after - who knows maybe even with children by 2009. If I have anything extra to donate for the raffle, I will send it on its way. Cheerio - Hapy New Year!

M.R.

DevinSixtySeven
01-03-2008, 01:42 PM
Doubt I'll make it as I'm about to lose the garage until June, but I have a couple questions about the safety inspection just in case.

Is complete stop good enough for auto trannies, vs engine stall, in the braking requirement?

Winch required?

-Sean

corsair23
01-03-2008, 02:24 PM
...but I have a couple questions about the safety inspection just in case.

Is complete stop good enough for auto trannies, vs engine stall, in the braking requirement?

Winch required?

-Sean

Sean,

ebrake must hold an auto tranny at 1200 rpm (although they made me test to 2500+ rpm last year on accident :eek:)

More info here --> http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=3306

As for winch. No, not required - maybe there are specific trails that require a winch that I am not aware of :confused:

subzali
01-03-2008, 05:14 PM
See here (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=5363)- that's right out of TT last year.

It doesn't look like winch is required, but recommended at 4+ and up.

neliconcept
01-05-2008, 03:39 PM
whats best location for camping? i just registered today

MDH33
01-06-2008, 11:10 AM
whats best location for camping? i just registered today

Slickrock campground is the event headquarters and where most participants camp.

ginericLC
01-07-2008, 07:50 PM
I will put my 2 cents in on the camping. Slickrock is a lot of fun. With that said, my wife would not appreciate all the testosterone and trucks coming in at all hours of the night. Portal Campground is right behind Slickrock. It is easy for the family to camp there and the Cruiserhead of the group can walk over to Slickrock. Their bathrooms are much better too.

Romer
01-07-2008, 07:55 PM
I will put my 2 cents in on the camping. Slickrock is a lot of fun. With that said, my wife would not appreciate all the testosterone and trucks coming in at all hours of the night. Portal Campground is right behind Slickrock. It is easy for the family to camp there and the Cruiserhead of the group can walk over to Slickrock. Their bathrooms are much better too.

If you camp in the back row behind the cabins, you don't hear the trucks coming in all night. It was nice and quiet back there.

nakman
01-07-2008, 10:33 PM
If you camp in the back row behind the cabins, you don't hear the trucks coming in all night. It was nice and quiet back there.
Yeah except for the last night when those yahoos were having that party.

oh wait :o :bolt:

Inukshuk
01-07-2008, 11:38 PM

and 7:00 AM Thursday and Friday when Tech-In is running!

MDH33
01-08-2008, 12:20 AM
Yeah except for the last night when those yahoos were having that party.

oh wait :o :bolt:

Party into the night... Rise before dawn... it's what Cruise Moab is all about, with some great wheeling thrown in for good measure. :D

Romer
01-08-2008, 08:32 AM

Thats why I am at the opposite side from Tech. Still nice and queit. Except when the neighbor is having a party, then you just feel obligated to join.:D

Uncle Ben
01-08-2008, 08:57 AM
Party into the night... Rise before dawn... it's what Cruise Moab is all about, with some great wheeling thrown in for good measure. :D

I thought that was written into the requirements...no? :confused: :beer2:

nuclearlemon
01-08-2008, 10:04 AM

yeah, but if you're at the end by tech, you wake up and pull up a lawn chair and check out rigs all morning...front row seating.

corsair23
01-08-2008, 02:52 PM
yeah, but if you're at the end by tech, you wake up and pull up a lawn chair and check out rigs all morning...front row seating.

That is what I did/do :D

nakman
01-09-2008, 01:36 PM
I just registered and my ID is 122. So if my math is correct, that means fewer than 80 spots are still available. If you were thinking of registering and haven't yet, I'd get on it. :thumb:

MDH33
01-09-2008, 02:16 PM
I just registered and my ID is 122. So if my math is correct, that means fewer than 80 spots are still available. If you were thinking of registering and haven't yet, I'd get on it. :thumb:

Are you going to lead Wipe Out Hill on Saturday again this year? That was a fun run in '07, and good chow too. :thumb:

nakman
01-09-2008, 04:24 PM
Are you going to lead Wipe Out Hill on Saturday again this year? That was a fun run in '07, and good chow too. :thumb:

I hope so, that's what I requested at least.. so should happen if at least a handful of others request the same run. That's my favorite run in Moab right now, it's so different from all the others, you can go fast and have a ton of fun, and not worry too much about breakage. Yet you can still get a nice pucker on the steep part.

Also rumor has it there were a number of "test" and "oops" entries in the database, so the number may be closer to 100 than 122. At any rate, don't delay if you want to sign up!

LiveRust
01-10-2008, 02:22 PM
have there been many people sign up for the overnighter this year? haven't seen anyone mention it yet. I know it filled up fast the last couple times we did it.

subzali
01-10-2008, 04:39 PM
I did. Not sure how many others.

Rogue Leader
01-11-2008, 05:40 PM
dang wish i didn't have school. sounds like lots of fun:D anything anyone needs help with before they leave i would be more than happy to help out.

Sean Jones

corsair23
01-11-2008, 06:05 PM
dang wish i didn't have school. sounds like lots of fun :D

It is! Stay in school, excel at it, get a good career, and then you can afford to come play without worry :thumb:

Rogue Leader
01-11-2008, 06:20 PM
next year. i plan on graduating a semester early and then i would be free to come:D

isotel
02-02-2008, 09:48 PM
Anyone know how many Spots are left.. I get paid at the end of the week! so i hope there are still some spots!

wesintl
02-02-2008, 09:54 PM
25 or so...

subzali
02-06-2008, 10:44 AM
A couple years ago Treeroot pulled several days without sleep to get his Orion rebuilt and his truck painted and put back together in snowy weather just days before CM 06! I helped him lift the t-case back into his truck, and then I had to get back to school! Ah good times...

Paint or no paint today? (http://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-series-tech/90287-paint-no-paint-today-38%B0f-89%25-rh.html)

Last year I was able to sneak out the weekend between finals, got back around midnight after a freezing drive (right Martin?), had a final at 11 or so the next day. Wouldn't suggest that unless you know it's an easy class, your GPA is set, and you already have a job lined up ;)

dang wish i didn't have school. sounds like lots of fun:D anything anyone needs help with before they leave i would be more than happy to help out.

Sean Jones

nuclearlemon
02-06-2008, 01:48 PM
too bad he picked the wettest week to paint :D

Red_Chili
02-06-2008, 02:11 PM
next year. i plan on graduating a semester early and then i would be free to come:D
That's the time to squeeze in those college prep classes for free... and test out of the requirements when you get to college! Then take the 300 and 400 classes early and stack them on.

Then you'll be able to afford a completely built and refurbished 80 for the following year's CM and many more after that!!

subzali
02-06-2008, 02:24 PM
Who needs an 80 when you already got a 40? :bolt:

MDH33
02-06-2008, 02:26 PM
Last year I was able to sneak out the weekend between finals, got back around midnight after a freezing drive (right Martin?), had a final at 11 or so the next day.

Definitely glad I decided to leave my top and doors on for CM '07. That was a site to behold watching you drive over Vail pass in a White Out with a bikini top while that crazy lady tailgated you because the only thing visible other than snow was your tail lights. :eek: :D :bowdown:

subzali
02-06-2008, 02:42 PM
Yeah, not doing that again. I'm pretty sure it was Ige who said that if you ever try to cross the mountains on the way to Cruise Moab in an FJ40 and you try to get away with not having a full top on, it's going to snow. I tempted fate and guess what, she was right :D

Anyone have a place for me to put my hardtop while we're in Moab this year? Anyone willing to help me lift it on/off? :D

Uncle Ben
02-06-2008, 03:11 PM
Yeah, not doing that again. I'm pretty sure it was Ige who said that if you ever try to cross the mountains on the way to Cruise Moab in an FJ40 and you try to get away with not having a full top on, it's going to snow. I tempted fate and guess what, she was right :D

Anyone have a place for me to put my hardtop while we're in Moab this year? Anyone willing to help me lift it on/off? :D

Seems like a perfect roof for your bed! ;)

nuclearlemon
02-06-2008, 03:16 PM

hey man, i learn by experience. :D

if i make it to moab this year, i've got one of the back spots rented. you're welcome to park your top there

Hulk
02-06-2008, 11:31 PM

Matt, buy a soft top. Most of the comforts of a hard top, and easy to remove. For really sunny days in Moab, you can switch to the bikini top in minutes. And if the weather changes when you're on the trail, you can switch back to full coverage in 15 minutes -- faster with help.

And if you're not using your 40 as a daily driver, you'll probably never reinstall the hard top again.

lowsplitjim
02-10-2008, 09:58 AM
Cant wait. This year I get to wheel my 79' FJ55. :cool:

corsair23
02-11-2008, 02:27 AM

Yes and yes...

We'll be in #182 again this year and it had plenty of space for "storage" :D

If I end up pulling the popup out with my FIL's Dodge we can set the hard top in the bed to keep it off the ground :thumb:

EDIT: oooohhh....this was lucky post #2000 for me - break out the champagne :hill:

Rezarf
02-11-2008, 10:51 AM
Just drive through the snow Matt... or buy an 80! :D

we can't let them see us get soft :eek:

CM06 near Vail pass...

subzali
02-11-2008, 11:26 AM
I have SO got that beat Drew...I'll post up a pic tonight when I get home.

80s. meh. :bored: (for what I want right now)

:bolt:

Uncle Ben
02-11-2008, 11:34 AM
I have SO got that beat Drew...I'll post up a pic tonight when I get home.

80s. meh. :bored: (for what I want right now)

:bolt:

:zilla: = Extinct

:bowdown: :kevin: :bowdown: :robbie: :bowdown: http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/image.php?u=10&type=sigpic&dateline=1200326198

timmbuck2
02-11-2008, 11:42 AM
Yes and yes...

We'll be in #182 again this year and it had plenty of space for "storage" :D

If I end up pulling the popup out with my FIL's Dodge we can set the hard top in the bed to keep it off the ground :thumb:

EDIT: oooohhh....this was lucky post #2000 for me - break out the champagne :hill:

I'll help you if you help me with my top. :) assuming I ever get a campsite. :rolleyes:

subzali
02-11-2008, 12:32 PM
:zilla: = Extinct

:bowdown: :kevin: :bowdown: :robbie: :bowdown: http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/image.php?u=10&type=sigpic&dateline=1200326198

Yeah cool, but...

:bowdown: Rod McLeod (http://lcool.org/pictures/rod_mcleod/rod1.html)

*cough* *cough* turbodiesel...

Uncle Ben
02-11-2008, 01:05 PM
Yeah cool, but...

:bowdown: Rod McLeod (http://lcool.org/pictures/rod_mcleod/rod1.html)

*cough* *cough* turbodiesel...

Smells like french fries..... :lmao:

powderpig
02-14-2008, 12:36 PM
Besides this Rod guy is from the land of diesels. Some day soon toyota will be giving us diesels. The president of Toyota is committed to this and has given the green lite for this to happen(all in print). It will take a couple of years to get there, but we will soon (relative term) be getting diesels in a few different vechicles.

Red_Chili
02-14-2008, 12:40 PM
Tell him he needs to build turbodiesel hybrid solid axle 4Runners with removable tops. No wider than the original, please. I'm sure my reputation will hold sway with him.

:lmao:

But seriously, if built correctly (read: highway ride despite the solid axle), they will sell the snot out of them.

treerootCO
02-16-2008, 10:50 AM
I think he did a fairly good job but I wish it was higher up. Oh well

Hulk
02-16-2008, 01:08 PM
Birthday present to yourself?

Looks like he really got the 40 down perfectly. He even got the "treeroot" sig along the tire.

bullsac
02-20-2008, 01:51 PM
I think he did a fairly good job but I wish it was higher up. Oh well

Are you going through a mid-life crisis?

The wife and I are heading down from Seattle for real this time. I believe there will be at least 3 rigs from up here heading down.

Staying at SR campground #124

-bullsac (bull)

root you have some PMs

treerootCO
03-10-2008, 01:25 PM
Does anyone have any advice products that will help this thing heal? It itches like crazy!!!

corsair23
03-10-2008, 01:34 PM
Does anyone have any advice products that will help this thing heal? It itches like crazy!!!

Neosporin for the healin' and hydrocortisone for the itchin' :thumb: :hill:

wesintl
03-10-2008, 01:38 PM
Neosporin for the healin' and hydrocortisone for the itchin' :thumb: :hill:

Huh:confused: Diesel and a little bit of 90wt should cure the issue.:lmao:

DaveInDenver
03-10-2008, 02:09 PM
turbodiesel ... 4Runners
I'd buy one if it had IFS, a real roof and a utility bed. What can I say, I really like my truck and wouldn't mind a diesel.

nuclearlemon
03-10-2008, 03:28 PM
prepH. yep, i'm serious.

treerootCO
03-10-2008, 05:49 PM
Tell that to my back. I drove over 300 miles yesterday in the 80 and I can barely walk today.

Rock Dog
03-10-2008, 05:51 PM
Damn, i was trying to edit and ended up deleting..... Too many windows going at once...

Rock Dog
03-10-2008, 05:53 PM
take care of that back !!! you have been pushing it since the operation.
If you don't watch out your mom will kick your butt! .... but then again it sounds like you are kicking your own...

Hulk
03-11-2008, 01:02 AM
I always heard Preparation H, too.

bullsac
03-21-2008, 02:51 PM
So who is doing the overnight run?

bigbluefj
03-21-2008, 07:54 PM
So with the luck i have at moab i was thinking someone should start a pool on what or how long before i break something this year, 5 or 10 bucks to get in and half goes to some cause or all to the winner which ever?? just an idea or if i don't break i get some cash just an idea.. so chance's are i won't get a cent..

kevin :thumb::thumb::blah::blah::lmao::lmao:

Hulk
03-21-2008, 11:26 PM
What day are you arriving? That's the day I'm wagering on. :D

Uncle Ben
03-21-2008, 11:28 PM
What day are you arriving? That's the day I'm wagering on. :D

I got money on when he backs it off the trailer! :lmao::lmao::hill:

Romer
03-21-2008, 11:37 PM
The next day when he runs into town for breakfast