PDA

View Full Version : plastic push in brake reservoirs

nuclearlemon
11-09-2007, 05:28 PM
who's the dumbass that decided this was a good idea? :mad::mad::mad:

on my ford, i never properly got the plastic reservoir in all the way since it's such a stupid setup and now it's started to leak a little bit. i made the mistake of trying to fix it.:mad:

its got two stems off the bottom of the plastic reservoir that push into grommets on the master. one side is easy to do because you force it in while spinning the reservoir back and forth. but now, half the reservoir is captured so you can't spin the other side.

my two dilemmas are...
a. when i'm trying to force the reservoir straight down, it is pushing the grommet in with it, which is where i was before and it leaked:mad:
b. the plastic is getting weak at the stem and may soon crack away on the bottom.:mad:

everyday should be kick an engineer day.

Uncle Ben
11-09-2007, 05:41 PM
who's the dumbass that decided this was a good idea? :mad::mad::mad:

on my ford, i never properly got the plastic reservoir in all the way since it's such a stupid setup and now it's started to leak a little bit. i made the mistake of trying to fix it.:mad:

its got two stems off the bottom of the plastic reservoir that push into grommets on the master. one side is easy to do because you force it in while spinning the reservoir back and forth. but now, half the reservoir is captured so you can't spin the other side.

my two dilemmas are...
a. when i'm trying to force the reservoir straight down, it is pushing the grommet in with it, which is where i was before and it leaked:mad:
b. the plastic is getting weak at the stem and may soon crack away on the bottom.:mad:

everyday should be kick an engineer day.

Vasoline....not just for 40 spare tire hinges anymore..... :lmao::hill:

Red_Chili
11-09-2007, 06:18 PM
It'll eat the rubber, Kevin.

That is true on so many levels which I shall leave untouched...

Uncle Ben
11-09-2007, 06:39 PM
It'll eat the rubber, Kevin.

That is true on so many levels which I shall leave untouched...

Fine then....use some of Bill's KY jelly..... :eek: :bill:

Red_Chili
11-10-2007, 07:03 PM
'Tis a dangerous thing to start down this road of double entendres with Kevin....
The boy ain't subtle!

Whaddya expect from a guy whose nickname is Mario on High Speed Mesa??!?!

But seriously, use brake system grease. Safer.

beatdown83fj60
11-11-2007, 01:38 PM
Even a little dishsoap might do the trick.

nuclearlemon
11-11-2007, 05:46 PM
don't know how dishsoap would respond with the brake fluid if it didn't all get cleaned out.

i did a minimal amount of silicone spray, i think i got it. still a stupid design.