PDA

View Full Version : mucho gracias to groucho

nuclearlemon
11-10-2007, 04:00 PM
he got a buddy of his to weld up my exhaust, so next weekend i can get the nuclearmarshmellow down to etest.

this guy does amazing welding...here's his "test" weld :bowdown:

cat looks great! 02 sensor is a little farther back than the original, but this is where being a packrat pays off. i've been carrying this little chunk of heat resistant wire loom around for about five years and all the wire is scrap left over from various jobs :) he even welded up a hole in my muffler for me...it's soooo quiet now:thumb: too bad the rest of the muffler is crap and leaks at the seams ;)

i tied everything off to the heater lines...should be secure for the next couple of months, until the lines rot completely through :eek:

nuclearlemon
11-10-2007, 04:04 PM
nathanial also gave me is old bumper tire carrier (he's got a new cool design planned for his ;) ). so, today, i decided to clean out the tool box in an attempt to get the old bumper off.

only five bolts, but five midwestern bolts are the equivalent of welding...one wrench down. :rant:

at least i got to rip off the other "wing" :hill:

also plan on doing the cheap fix on the rear torque bar and weld angle iron to it to keep it from bending any farther than it already has.

nuclearlemon
11-10-2007, 05:26 PM
success

took the midwestern air wrench (grinder and cut off wheel), but the bumper is off.

i have to extend the rear frame back to stock length (there's about 5 inches missing) before i can mount the new rear bumper.

anybody got the ass end of an 80 frame laying around :D

Romer
11-10-2007, 05:33 PM
success

i have to extend the rear frame back to stock length (there's about 5 inches missing) before i can mount the new rear bumper.

How you going to do that?