PDA

View Full Version : Found a deal, should I do it?

beatdown83fj60
11-11-2007, 12:19 PM
I had an 84 4Runner that got impounded due to someone not doing their job at the DMV (police computer showed I had no license, but tickets were paid etc...). The tow company doing the impound totalled my truck and I just recieved a 90 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 automatic in return. The body on the Jeep is pretty well trashed and it has 233,000 miles on it. I found a guy with an 85 FJ60 with a full OME lift (greasable pins, shackles, springs, shocks etc.), silver, 200,000, brand new 33 inch pro-comp MT's on new wheels, runs good, no rust on frame, both rear wheels wells have rust, all the way through at some parts. As far as I can tell, the blue book value on them is about the same, with the FJ60 being worth more but not a whole lot. Should I do it? If I get it does anyone want to buy it for $2500???? Lol. I need a new motor in my 4Runner, so if anyone has a hookup at a shop or works in one, I'll trade you the FJ60 for a rebuilt 22re installed.

corsair23
11-12-2007, 12:14 AM
So they total your 4Runner and in return gave you a Jeep :confused:

That sounds totally whack...As for whether you should swap? I probably would just from the thought that it would seem easier to sell the '85 FJ60 with what it has vs the Jeep that is probably at the end of its life :)

beatdown83fj60
11-12-2007, 06:37 PM
That's what Im kind of thinking. It is a big FJ60, I'd actually keep it if it weren't for my disgust at the 2F engine (more it's emissions system really) and the lack of funds to feed the thirsty beast. My old 4Runner was actually kind of a piece of crap so the Jeep actually is somewhat of an upgrade in overall condition, but not quality, and I hate Jeeps, driving them, and working on them. I think I'm just going to do it. I'll post up pics when I get it, it should be easy to sell (aside from the pain of losing it) considering the lift etc.