PDA

View Full Version : FJ40 Rear Axle Long Side Brake Line

PatrolMan
11-15-2007, 02:56 PM
I had to unscrew the brake line on my 40 axle from the wheel cylinder. The tubing broke off inside the flare nut. Anyways, I have tried to find another nut and to re-flare the tubing. Can't find the appropriate nut. Nobody carries it. Hit the salvage yards and can't even find a single Cruiser at the ones nearby. Hoping someone has a scrap rear housing that still has the long hardline attached. Thanks in advance!

wesintl
11-15-2007, 03:05 PM
The bend you own lines at napa fit.

PatrolMan
11-15-2007, 03:32 PM
I went there last week and they don't have the correct threads. That was rather disappointing. The larger Napa near me that served mostly businesses has closed its doors. It always had these hard to find parts.

subzali
11-15-2007, 04:11 PM
Did you call either of the places mentioned in this (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=5183) thread?

MDH33
11-15-2007, 04:32 PM
The big Napa warehouse north of downtown has the correct metric fittings and double flare tubing.

nuclearlemon
11-15-2007, 05:41 PM
my local checker had them, but i had to ask because they're in teh back. they just sent me in back to where they were to match up.

PatrolMan
11-15-2007, 06:06 PM
I got the guys to look behind the counters at the parts they have. Of course they don't carry the metric stuff. Will have to likely go to the large Checker on Federal. I haven't tried Jim or the Yota Yard. Do either or both do FJ stuff? I have never been to either location.

wesintl
11-15-2007, 06:28 PM
I know the one on county line has em that fits.

nuclearlemon
11-15-2007, 06:46 PM
I got the guys to look behind the counters at the parts they have. Of course they don't carry the metric stuff. Will have to likely go to the large Checker on Federal. I haven't tried Jim or the Yota Yard. Do either or both do FJ stuff? I have never been to either location.

yota yard supposedly has a pig. that should work. it's in the lot across the street from the main yard.

SteveH
11-16-2007, 11:30 AM
Autozone and Checker carry metric brake lines with flared ends and fittings in various lengths behind the counter. If you don't ask, you'd never know they have them. I was able to make elegant and factory-looking clutch and brake lines for my FJ45 without using a flaring tool - Checker had pieces that were exactly the correct length for my needs. Cheap, too - $8-10.

PatrolMan
11-17-2007, 06:16 PM
Found everything that I needed at GS Auto Parts in Littleton. :thumb: for them. I had forgotten about them when I was looking. My dad has been going there since I was a young kid (25+ years). They are a parts shop and a machine shop. Do great work and are very knowledgable. Located on Lowell between Belleview and Bowles.