PDA

View Full Version : San Rafael RMP Comment Period

DaveInDenver
11-16-2007, 05:02 PM
I was reading more about the Moab Field Office RMP EIS coming up and noticed that the BLM Price Field Office comment period for the San Rafael area is ending on 12/13/2007. Need to write another letter, people!

This is more so a concern if you are moto or MTB person, as it covers the Temple singletrack trails. This would be Five Miles of Hell, Red Trail, Orange Trail, Blue and Green Trails, Devil's Race Track, Eva Conover, Eagle Canyon, Behind the Reef, Chimney Rock. I have not had a chance to get out there and this would be a big disappointment if they were closed.

http://www.blm.gov/ut/st/en/fo/price/planning/Resource_Management_Plan.html

bh4rnnr
11-16-2007, 05:09 PM
I was reading more about the Moab Field Office RMP EIS coming up and noticed that the BLM Price Field Office comment period for the San Rafael area is ending on 12/13/2007. Need to write another letter, people!

This more so a concern if you are moto or MTB person, as it covers the Temple singletrack trails. This would be Five Miles of Hell, Red Trail, Orange Trail, Blue and Green Trails, Devil's Race Track, Eva Conover, Eagle Canyon, Behind the Reef, Chimney Rock. I have not had a chance to get out there and this would be a big disappointment if they were closed.

http://www.blm.gov/ut/st/en/fo/price/planning/Resource_Management_Plan.html

Thanks for posting this Dave. We had a chance to talk with the Deputy while out there one year. Made a note that no trails would be closed under his watch. I will take time this weekend to look over it.

Red_Chili
11-16-2007, 06:50 PM
The Deputy does not have final say, however.
5MOH is a rather famous motorcycle/MTB trail. 'Twould be a shame to lose it!!

But I'm LOVIN' the extra attention the Land Use Forum is getting, and the contributions!!! :thumb:

bh4rnnr
12-06-2007, 12:36 PM
Bump, comment period ends in one week!

Thanks for the heads up Dave, need to get a letter together this week:thumb: