PDA

View Full Version : raffle rig down to the wire

nuclearlemon
11-16-2007, 06:11 PM
i brought the raffle rig home to try to get second 02 sensor hooked up, hook up blower motor, test ac, test lockers, and trouble shoot rear right window, and now, we have a battery drain that someone else troubleshot to our new fuse block that needs to be looked at. all are welcome to help out. it also needs a bath. if we don't get it all done this weekend, than i will bring it home again next weekend. during the weekdays, it will be at shops.

last time home will be nov 30th for a final cleaning/detailing. that's a friday, but if anyone has nothing to do, i'll gladly take the company.

anyway, if you want to help out this weekend, pm me if you need ph number or address.

Crash
11-16-2007, 08:53 PM
Ige,
I'm trying to get the tranny and t-case job finished this weekend. The wire that you need to find for the second sensor branches off the main harness on the passender side of the truck. It's one of the bundle that always get in the way of finding the timing mark window. Chances are it is hanging down near the tranny by the tranny dipstick. It has a square yellow plug connector. Probably. ;)

i brought the raffle rig home to try to get second 02 sensor hooked up, hook up blower motor, test ac, test lockers, and trouble shoot rear right window, and now, we have a battery drain that someone else troubleshot to our new fuse block that needs to be looked at. all are welcome to help out. it also needs a bath. if we don't get it all done this weekend, than i will bring it home again next weekend. during the weekdays, it will be at shops.

last time home will be nov 30th for a final cleaning/detailing. that's a friday, but if anyone has nothing to do, i'll gladly take the company.

anyway, if you want to help out this weekend, pm me if you need ph number or address.

nuclearlemon
11-17-2007, 05:28 PM
there is a bunch of wires that you can see from under passenger side that go to starter. only plug i can find that is unused looks like it's never been used and is the wrong shape (round), as seen here.

up above, by heater valve is this plug. it's not plugged in and no where near long enough. it reaches to about the starter. wire colors are white, brown, orange and yellow/red stripe. it is the correct style plug

i've got the front o2 sensor plugged into this wire on the drivers side. the wire is waaaayyyyy to long so i've got it flipped around to keep away from the exhaust normally, but i pulled it out for these pics.

here's where the 2 sensors are in relation to each other, my finger is marking the forward sensor which is on the opposite side of the pipe. steve, is this about where your sensors are?

all plugs are gray in color. timing cover is on the driver's side.

Crash
11-17-2007, 06:04 PM
Timing cover is on the driver's side? Uhh, :eek:
Can I come over sometime tomorrow - Sunday, 11/18? My tranny project has come to a leaping halt with direction needed from OZ. Beginning to be real happy that the Raffle Truck Committee, in its combined wisdom, decided that we should stop at the install of the valve body. Either that, or I'd know more about what is going on with my Extreme install already. ;)
Beers around noon, Your Higness? See you then and I'm buying. :beer: I want to be around when the mighty RSRT 3FE fires off and runs strong. :beer: :beer:

nakman
11-17-2007, 09:09 PM
and now, we have a battery drain that someone else troubleshot to our new fuse block that needs to be looked at.

Ok, is the fridge plugged in? CB left on?

ginericLC
11-18-2007, 09:43 AM
Ige,

I can't help you with the problem. Too bad I can't just teleport to CO. Did you paint your nails?

Beater
11-18-2007, 10:03 AM
first off your those can't be your hands, as not only are the nails done, but the hands are clean? Did you hire a hand model?

nuclearlemon
11-18-2007, 05:40 PM
yes yes yes...my nails are painted. i've also been out of town, which means no time to work on cruisers, hence clean hands :rolleyes:

with much help from uncle and crash, we got the egr hooked up, fixed right rear window, found there's not a huge drain at the relay, there is a small one, but minute enough that it's probably just all the memorys (radio, computer, etc). the drained battery was most likely a result of the rig only being fired up long enough to drive off the trailer and back on.

also, trouble shot the 4wd...the vacuum switches are allowing enough vacuum to leak that it's not engaging....so, there will be a workday next weekend to try to clean/lube them and detail the rig.

Uncle Ben
11-18-2007, 05:51 PM
yes yes yes...my nails are painted. i've also been out of town, which means no time to work on cruisers, hence clean hands :rolleyes:

with much help from uncle and crash, we got the egr hooked up, fixed right rear window, found there's not a huge drain at the relay, there is a small one, but minute enough that it's probably just all the memorys (radio, computer, etc). the drained battery was most likely a result of the rig only being fired up long enough to drive off the trailer and back on.

also, trouble shot the 4wd...the vacuum switches are allowing enough vacuum to leak that it's not engaging....so, there will be a workday next weekend to try to clean/lube them and detail the rig.

EGR was hooked up....but now both O2 sensors are on-line and the truck is in closed mode! Runs great I might brag.... :rolleyes: :thumb::thumb:

Crash
11-18-2007, 07:25 PM
EGR was hooked up....but now both O2 sensors are on-line and the truck is in closed mode! Runs great I might brag.... :rolleyes: :thumb::thumb:

Don't ask how we know it runs great, but it certainly does! :hill:
Got the ARB switches and pump sorted out. Truck looks really good, minus the windshield WIN ME stickers, of course.

Uncle Ben
11-18-2007, 07:29 PM
Don't ask how we know it runs great, but it certainly does! :hill:
Got the ARB switches and pump sorted out. Truck looks really good, minus the windshield WIN ME stickers, of course.

Because we heard it in the driveway most of the afternoon....silly boy! :rolleyes: :bowdown::Princess: :bowdown::zilla: :bowdown::birf:

corsair23
11-19-2007, 01:05 AM
AWESOME work you three!!

:thumb: