PDA

View Full Version : Printer questions

bh4rnnr
12-05-2005, 09:31 PM
So I got my new printer up and running, turns out the usb cable does not come with the printer :rolleyes: Anybody have an idea on how long the printer ink last?? I'm printing 8.5x11. Any good places to by the ink cartridges? Starting to build up a inventory of the pictures I have(printing out and bruning onto cd).. Thanks.

Shark Bait
12-05-2005, 09:32 PM
What kind of printer? What does not having a USB cable have to do with how long the ink will last? Are you afraid it will dry out before you can get a cable? :D

bh4rnnr
12-05-2005, 09:39 PM
What kind of printer? What does not having a USB cable have to do with how long the ink will last? Are you afraid it will dry out before you can get a cable? :D

It's a Cannon pixma. Not bad, have printed a few this weekend. I just thougt it was funny that the usb didnt come with the printer. And it took my Dad and I three times to get the right cable :eek: . Just was wondering how many I could print out befor I need to look into new ink cartridges....

nakman
12-05-2005, 09:50 PM
Check out the software for it, sometimes it'll give you the ink levels. My cheapo HP does..

Hey Perry, do you know this guy? http://denver.craigslist.org/car/116058000.html kind of an odd post..

Shark Bait
12-05-2005, 09:58 PM
Yeah, the friggen HP 78 color cartridge in mine is expensive!! I hate that.

treerootCO
12-06-2005, 10:45 AM
buy the warranty and return the entire printer every time the ink runs low :D

I print 13x19 on my Canon i9900 and it runs out quick. Maybe 15 pics so double that for 8.5x11. The prices are all about the same. Buy Photo Magenta, Photo Cyan, Yellow, and black. The others in my printer rairly ever run out.