PDA

View Full Version : Custom PS Hose & Fluid ??

Shark Bait
11-24-2007, 04:31 PM
I must have a leak in the high pressure PS hose I snagged from the junkyard. Put some fluid in it and it leaked out all over the floor overnight. Couldn't see it because of the heat shield over the hose. I'm thinking maybe I should just get a custom hose instead of another one from a junk yard. Any recommendations as to where?

Also, my search here turned up TJ's nice FJ60 PS conversion write-up (Thanks again, TJ). He mentioned in the end of his write-up on MUD that you should no longer use Dexron ATF and that he used regular PS fluid in his Toyota pump. Is that true? I had bought synthetic Dexron ATF because that's the only Dexron ATF I could find at Checker. I'm running a Toyota mini-truck pump. What fluid should I use?

sleeoffroad
11-24-2007, 05:06 PM
Emhrick & Hill will make you what you need, just take the ends there and they can make any hose while you wait.

lfd270ben
11-24-2007, 08:47 PM
What box are you using a new fj60 hose at checker set me back 30$ and Im running a saginaw pump and fj60 box threaded into both no leaks

Chris
11-24-2007, 09:18 PM
my search here turned up TJ's nice FJ60 PS conversion write-up

I tried but couldn't find this write-up, could you provide a link for mr Chris?

Thanks! :thumb:

PabloCruise
11-24-2007, 09:53 PM
Chris,

I am still running the PS fluid.

I also went chasing hoses this week. I think I will go with 16x1.5 mm inverted flare to # 6 AN or JIC (are they the same?) and get a custom hose made that will fit in the 40. Seems hard to find anyone to make hose w/ metric inverted flare.

Other Chris - here is my linky: http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=84527

wesintl
11-24-2007, 09:55 PM
x2 on EH.

Every Toyota pump i've heard with ps fluid was not happy. I had to flush my 80 when I got it cause it wined so bad. Once I put in fresh atf it's been happy again with no noise. Otherwise I dunno about PS fluid in toyota's except for applications like the red_chili

Chris
11-25-2007, 12:01 PM
Other Chris - here is my linky: http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=84527

:thumb: