PDA

View Full Version : I Love Kittredge!

Rzeppa
11-25-2007, 03:56 PM
As I was preparing the minutes from last meeting, I caught movement out of the corner of me eye through the window. Yep, it's those pesky deer. Unusually, the camera was handy so I took a couple shots.

Rzeppa
11-25-2007, 03:57 PM
Next, I went to the fridge for a beer. There was a beautiful buck out there, so I took these shots to share with you.

Trapper50cal
11-25-2007, 04:20 PM
That is a pretty big muley. Nice Rack too, long points. Have only seen a couple larger (in person) I wish it was in unit 74 during archery season

Rzeppa
11-25-2007, 06:07 PM
That is a pretty big muley. Nice Rack too, long points. Have only seen a couple larger (in person) I wish it was in unit 74 during archery seasonI have occasionally thought about just jumping out there with a rope. Recently read about the dude who shot a buck, and then when he approached him, the buck got up and gored him. I guess the best practice for me is to photograph my neighbors and leave the "shooting" to others.

Hulk
11-25-2007, 11:23 PM
Great shots! We have coyotes, foxes, and a million squirrels here, but we can't match your wildlife!

Red_Chili
11-26-2007, 06:48 AM
I have occasionally thought about just jumping out there with a rope. Recently read about the dude who shot a buck, and then when he approached him, the buck got up and gored him. I guess the best practice for me is to photograph my neighbors and leave the "shooting" to others.
Yep. Always approach from the rear with a chambered round, and poke the animal with the muzzle. Watch for breathing. If none observed, touch the open eye with the muzzle. No movement? You are probably safe but still take no chances, could be just shock!

Rzeppa
11-26-2007, 06:18 PM
Great shots! We have coyotes, foxes, and a million squirrels here, but we can't match your wildlife!Interestingly, there haven't been nearly as many elk in the yard over the last several years, although there was a trophy bull wandering down the street a few weeks ago. My neighbor saw a lion run across the street a few blocks away, unfortunately no photos. Below is from where I work, from this past summer: