PDA

View Full Version : '86 4Runner Parts anyone?

bskey
11-26-2007, 08:05 PM
I got a lead on an '86 4Runner with a blown radiator (probably head gasket too). The lady wants $200 for it. I would like to scavage a few body panels and other parts from it, but wouldn't know what else to do with it. Anyone have a need for any more of it? Oh, and when I get it, if the Head gasket is good, I may just replace the radiator and resell it, but we'll see.

Let me know!

Thanks, Brett

PatrolMan
11-26-2007, 08:28 PM
Would be interested in buying the entire thing outright for $200. What parts do you need? Would be happy to let you have them as a "finders" fee!

RockRunner
11-26-2007, 09:07 PM
I really need a tailgate for the winter, mine got a little crunched during CM10. Maybe a radio bezel if it hasn't been cut up. If it has tilt steering I would be interested in that too. Besides that I do not believe I "need" anything else that I can think of.

LMK what you end up doing, I am actively searching for a tailgate.

bskey
11-26-2007, 09:23 PM
Another thing, I live in an apartment, and dont have anyplace to store it if I am slowly parting it out. If anyone has space, we could work something out?

PatrolMan
11-26-2007, 10:05 PM
My brother has the space (I believe). I believe he would give you the $200 for it after you take off what you want...

Man Jerk
11-27-2007, 08:16 AM
Front corner marker lights, front bumper with blinkers and valance. Prolly a couple other things.

bskey
11-27-2007, 09:43 AM
I'd be interested in both diffs.

You want the guts, or the whole rear axle?

RockRunner
11-27-2007, 10:36 AM
Are you planning on buying it? LMK I am looking for a tailgate ASAP for a fair price ofcourse ;-0

Red_Chili
11-28-2007, 10:41 AM
It is the same, btw.

bskey
11-28-2007, 07:46 PM
I was finally able to get the owner on the phone today. So hopefully be driving it home tomorrow night. I'll let you all know once I get it done. Dave in Denver, that's great, I need the rear axle but not the innards as I want to get the larger drums out of it. My biggest problem Is I dont have a place to keep that axle while I wait to install the 4.88 3rd and Detroit locker I already have and then swap it for my '85 rear. Anyway, I'll keep you all informed!

ScaldedDog
11-28-2007, 10:06 PM
I'd take the left front fender, if it was clean and cheap.

Mark

beatdown83fj60
11-28-2007, 10:39 PM
I'd take both front door panels, possibly the rears if the price was right.

art hog
11-28-2007, 11:45 PM
I need a header and exhust for my 86 SR5 pick-up iffin its a fitt. wow this dark side is really dark.

Red_Chili
11-29-2007, 07:08 AM
... I need the rear axle but not the innards as I want to get the larger drums out of it. My biggest problem Is I dont have a place to keep that axle while I wait to install the 4.88 3rd and Detroit locker I already have and then swap it for my '85 rear.
You do know your 86+ axle shafts won't fit in your 85 rear, right?
Pressing the mess apart is the hard way to get bigger brakes, and then, you end up with a narrow rear axle.

bskey
11-29-2007, 07:33 AM
Bill, can you elaborate? I was planning to simply swap the '86 rear axle, minus the diff, onto my '85. I was going to keep the '86 axle shafts. Am I missing something?

Red_Chili
11-29-2007, 07:50 AM
Oh, OK... I was confused by your post. Yeah, any minitruck rear third (I4 or V6) or 79-85 front third will fit any 85 or 86+ axle housing. The shafts go with their respective housing, it is indeed length. AFAIK you *could* swap the brakes from an 86 onto 85 shafts, but that would be a waste of time IMHO if you could swap the whole housing+shafts+brakes & lines.

Don't forget the lines. And ebrake cable.

Man Jerk
11-29-2007, 08:10 AM
If the dashpad is grey and in good shape I could use that as well. And a passanger tailgate latch.

bskey
12-01-2007, 10:40 PM
Ok, paid for the truck today, and I'll pick it up tomorrow. I'll get some pics up then. I'll also post up a list of what has been requested.

RockRunner
12-03-2007, 11:45 AM
If the hood is in good condition I would look into that too please, I don't think anybody asked for that yet. LMK what you got going on.

bskey
12-03-2007, 10:24 PM
Oh, the hood is one of the key things I am in it for.

RockRunner
12-03-2007, 10:28 PM
figures, no worries I'll have to keep looking. What about the other parts I asked about? Any idea yet?

bskey
12-03-2007, 10:44 PM
Yeah, I'll try to have a list of "dibs" posted tomorrow. One thing I am considering is accepting cervices for parts! I really need a R&P installed, and some other stuff. I'll try to post a more detailed post tomorrow.

bskey
12-09-2007, 11:17 AM
I picked up the ’86 4Runner and will be parting it out, and need the rest gone by the end of the month. I live in Parker and am free most nights after 7 and on the weekend. White exterior and brown interior, 22RE 5speed. The body has the regular wheel well rust, the windshield is cracked, and there are dings on every panel. The front bumper is ok, and the rear is toast, however the tailgate is fine and functional. Rather than post up a list of parts, I am posting a list of what has been claimed by myself or others. If you are already on that list, PM me and we can arrange pickup. I don’t have a way to pull the engine or tranny, so keep that in mind. Also, the PO said it is a newer engine that was out of a rollover with 60k miles and was driven probably another 20k miles before it went out. I think it was run dry as the radiator is rusted through. It will turn over, but the timing chain might be bad, or the head could be warped.. I haven’t pulled the valve cover yet but can if someone wants me to. Sorry this took so long tis the season to be crazy busy!

I don’t have prices posted because there are just too many parts available. Really, I got this thing cheap, so make me an offer you consider reasonable, and I’m sure I’ll accept. Also, I would happily accept trades or labor. I need a R&P installed, some body work, some welding, I’d love a winch (yeah right!) and I need a timing belt and water pump installed on my wifes ’03 Mitsubishi Lancer. Really I’ll be open to most any offer. Let me know if you have any questions.

Parts I’ve taken:
• Radio
• Rear bumper sides
• Side panel covers
• SR5 Gauge cluster
• Rear Wiper motor
• M.A.F, cable & air tubing
• Grille
• Head lights
• Fog Lights
• Corner lights
• Tail lights
• Fan
• Wiper blade arms
• Antennae
• Speakers
• Spare tire
• Sliding side window latch
• EFI
• Rear axle housing
• E-brake cable
• Front hubs
• Hood
• Transfer case
• Drive shafts
• Radiator support
• Power Steering Pump
• The rest of the power steering
• P.S.
• Harmonic Balancer

Parts others have dibs on:
- Whatever is left goes to Patrol Man
• Brake Master cylinder (Jim)
• Brake booster (jim)
• _____________________Rising Sun_______________
• Tailgate (Rockrunner)
• Radio Bezel “ “
• Tilt Steering “ “
• Diffs F&R (Dave in Denver)
• Front CV Joints “ “
• Front Bumper (ManJerk)
• Passenger Tailgate Latch “ “
• Front Valiance “ “
• Driver Side Fender (ScaldedDog)
• Front door panels (beatdown83fj60)
• Headers & Exhaust (ArtHog)
• _________________Colorado4x4_____________________
• Engine & Tranny (VicStuff)
• Rear Springs (SonofMayham)
• Tailgate “ “
• Seats & Interior (Smitty)
• Front Bumper (TruCruiser)
• __________________FrontRange4x4________________
• Front Seats (Insanity is Born)

RockRunner
12-09-2007, 01:43 PM
That was a heck of a find for the money you paid for it. All the parts you pulled you may just want to swap engines, just a thought.

bskey
12-09-2007, 02:38 PM
Yeah, I had considered pulling the engine and slowly building it on the side as time and funds permit, but I really dont have the space, and haven't delved into the extent of the engine damage anyway. Would be nice to have a spare though as mine has 225k miles, and will get old one day! The frame on this is perfect too!

RockRunner
12-09-2007, 07:57 PM
Instead of pulling the engine, you should swap engines and call it good. Unless there is something really good about your old truck that you have to have it may be something to consider. Of course you wouldn't want the tailgate ;-)

acon40
12-09-2007, 07:59 PM
if it has the tilt gauges i would love that setup

chilitoy
12-16-2007, 02:00 PM
Hey Brett-Just wondering if you got rid of the tranny and engine out of the runner yet?I see someone has dibs on both of them,but you never know how serious people are.It might be time to get started on upgrading before Moab creeps up.I am the guy with the green toyota p/u from the rising sun meeting last month.I have a garage and would be willing to trade out some time /space and or welding to help pay for some of the parts if you still have them.
thanx john

bskey
12-16-2007, 10:36 PM
Acon, I do have the SR5 gauges... in Maroon. I need to trace the wiring harness into the dash.... it's a bit more integrated than I expected.

John, The engine and Tranny are still here.... I keep fighting the urge to build it up myself, but I really dont have the room or the means. We could definitely discuss trades... I need my front hubs rebuilt, a R&P install, and a lift to do some work would be great too. What kind of garage do you have.... any special tools?

Anyway, give me a call at 303-324-9981 and I'll do my best to get back to you, or PM me (which has been better lately, as I have been too crazy busy and don't like answering my phone).

Anyway, let me know!

Magoo
12-18-2007, 09:45 AM
I could use the passenger side fender if its clean.

chilitoy
12-19-2007, 09:49 PM
Brett,do you know any more about that engine?Also just wondering if you still are claiming that t-case on that tranny?Any way, I am heading to Kentucky 2morrow until the 26th,but after that I am free.My garage is a 2 car, but is pretty low.Both of my trux fit in but not a ton of clearance.Should not be a problem to get your runner in.I can also use the shop at work as long as nothing is going on, and that is a way better place to do anything as long as everyone behaves.!!I also need to repack and reseal my front axle, so maybe we can team up both trucks.Anyways give me a call if you want and we can discuss all this.And any time this week is cool too because I'll be with the inlaws and may need an escape back to the real world.
thnax john(chilitoy)

chilitoy
12-19-2007, 09:56 PM
Brett - I forgot to give my #(duh)970-331-3797.john

bskey
12-19-2007, 10:24 PM
John, I'll try to give you a call tomorrow on my brake. I am going to take the T-Case as I have a dual case setup in mind soon enough, but the engine and tranny I can part with. I'd be happy to team up with you and do our hubs at the same time, as I have never done it and would love to have a more experienced person to advise if needed. I'll call you and we can discuss....

Thanks, Brett

bskey
12-21-2007, 11:03 AM
Ok, so this weekend I am tearing it down. I'll call everyone who I have a number for, and we can set a time up. Some things need to be planned well, like the engine if it is going to be pulled. Jim from the former Yota Yard will be coming the weekend after Christmas to take her away, and I wont have time during the week to do anything, so all needs to be done this weekend. I am at the below address if you want to come bye, and call me if to let me know you're swinging bye.

Thanks!
303-324-9981

19267 E. Cottonwood Dr Apt 1118
Parker, CO 80138.

chilitoy
12-25-2007, 03:55 PM
Brett,I got your message the other and have been real busy.I also saw that you were going to tear the everything apart over the weekend.How did that go?Did not know if the snow was going to be aproblem or not.I have a tow bar and a truck and can get it to my house and work on some stuff in my garage.I will try to call later tonight or tomorow and find out more.
thanx john

nuclearlemon
12-25-2007, 05:32 PM
i could use the knuckle housings and lower caps

bskey
12-25-2007, 11:52 PM
Knuckle caps & knuckle housings? THe housings... are you referring to the front hubs?

John, give me a call tomorrow after 7 and we can chat about the details. I got a lot done over the weekend. All but the rear axle.

Red_Chili
12-27-2007, 07:41 AM
i could use the knuckle housings and lower caps
This sounds solid-axle-ish? Not IFS?

bskey
12-29-2007, 06:31 PM
FYI the '86 is leaving Parker on Tuesday, so come get what you want before then. On Tuesday I am towing it up to North Denverm where it will be available through next Saturday, but then it's off to the junker. Call me or PM me if you want to work something out.

Thanks,
Brett
303-324-9981