PDA

View Full Version : Ok Treeroot....

Uncle Ben
12-08-2005, 04:32 PM
You have had a whole day after your promotion to come up with some trail rides...post 'em up! :D

A BIG congradulations to all newly elected RS Officers! Thank you all in advance for your leadership and continuing to make Rising Sun the best club out there! Another HUGE THANK YOU to the outgoing officers!!!! Your example of leadership will be a hard act to follow!!!!!!!! :)

wesintl
12-08-2005, 04:35 PM
First up will be the compost pile... :p

treerootCO
12-08-2005, 10:22 PM
done....didn't you get the memo? :D

I have been thinking about it for sure. One thing I thought of that will get in the way is I might get forced to weekends next spring/summer. I have weekends off for now....

Wes is employed now so I am accepting aplications for my Tuesday wheelin' buddy.

wesintl
12-08-2005, 10:33 PM
Wes is employed now so I am accepting aplications for my Tuesday wheelin' buddy.

Don't worry I'll call in sick to do red cone...

You'll have pleanty of help.. yoder is always leading something and I'm sure we'll all step up for the argentine and jenny creek workdays. Perry will always go out to utah at least 2x a year... :cheers:

subzali
12-08-2005, 11:13 PM
I have Tuesdays off - wow we got some new emoticons :D - anyway starting the 19th I'm off, so if anybody's going wheeling let me know! If it's a snow run I have to borrow chains from my buddy (need a little heads-up for that), my tires don't do too good in the snow ;)

nakman
12-09-2005, 08:57 AM
You can put me down for the annual spooky night run again, will be October 28th next year. Should have plenty for the :Princess: in all of you, probably not much :beer: but you never know, though it will be :cool: of that you can be sure. Nice work on the enhanced icons! :bowdown:

Also, thanks for stepping up Mike to take on this job, looking forward to a fun year.

Shark Bait
12-09-2005, 09:58 AM
You have had a whole day after your promotion to come up with some trail rides...post 'em up! :D

A BIG congradulations to all newly elected RS Officers! Thank you all in advance for your leadership and continuing to make Rising Sun the best club out there! Another HUGE THANK YOU to the outgoing officers!!!! Your example of leadership will be a hard act to follow!!!!!!!! :)

Who got elected to what?

JadeRunner
12-09-2005, 10:26 AM
Treeroot,

Thanks very much for taking on this position. I will try to lead run's about every month or so. I am triing to set a date for the next snow run.

What's your real name anyway.

Rzeppa
12-09-2005, 11:47 AM
Who got elected to what?
Matt Farr - re-elected Commander
Ige Gustavson - re-elected Vice Commander
Mary MacLeod - re-elected Treasurer
Jeff Zepp - re-elected Secretary
Bill Morgan - re-elected Land Use Coordinator
Wes Worek elected Webmaster
Mike Davidson elected Event Coordinator

wesintl
12-09-2005, 12:51 PM
Wasn't Chris as Rising Sun advertising manager? We'll need some banners for the site :D

Rzeppa
12-09-2005, 01:02 PM
Wasn't Chris as Rising Sun advertising manager? We'll need some banners for the site :DHe is, but I think Matt's been making them. Chris just sells them :-)

Uncle Ben
12-09-2005, 05:13 PM
Matt Farr - re-elected Commander
Ige Gustavson - re-elected Vice Commander
Mary MacLeod - re-elected Treasurer
Jeff Zepp - re-elected Secretary
Bill Morgan - re-elected Land Use Coordinator
Wes Worek elected Webmaster
Mike Davidson elected Event Coordinator

Ken Romer - TLCA Delegate :beer:

Shark Bait
12-09-2005, 07:39 PM
Hey, I REALLY like that Rising Sun banner. It would look REAL good on the TLCA.org website!! :D :D

www.tlca.org/trails/advertising (http://www.tlca.org/trails/advertising)

You guys want me to try and sell some ads for this site? We'll have to come up with a rate plan and stuff. Let me know.

bh4rnnr
12-09-2005, 07:40 PM
Treeroot, i'll gladly help you if ya need it. Some runs/events are easy. Like the Snow/pizza run(wink wink).

treerootCO
12-13-2005, 09:59 AM
with the old forum gone, it makes it tough to research past events. Is the snow/pizza run held in December?

wesintl
12-13-2005, 10:46 AM
I don't know how much kipper looked into the database import.. But there is a feature to import an existing DB... over the holiday's i'll look into whether or not we can import the old forum info into the new one. Unless kipper has already tried and knows one way or another.. :)

Rzeppa
12-13-2005, 11:59 AM
with the old forum gone, it makes it tough to research past events. Is the snow/pizza run held in December?By tradition, the snow and pizza run is the first run of the new year, usually the first weekend. In recent years it's been held on the Yankee Hill trail system, but in prior years there were other locations.

Rzeppa
12-13-2005, 12:03 PM
Oh and don't forget the rest of the web site; before we had a good forum, we had regular html :-)

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/trails.asp

And I have a few things on my web site:

http://rzeppa.org/rose/rose.htm

bh4rnnr
12-13-2005, 12:19 PM
By tradition, the snow and pizza run is the first run of the new year, usually the first weekend. In recent years it's been held on the Yankee Hill trail system, but in prior years there were other locations.

The last few years, the snow/pizza run has been in January. Led by Scott Yoder. Uncle Ben started the run. Last few years we have done a new years day run. Having the snow/pizza run a little later.

treerootCO
12-13-2005, 12:44 PM
Any volunteers for leading the New Years Day run?

Scott, you up for leading the Snow/Pizza run?

Uncle Ben
12-13-2005, 12:47 PM
By tradition, the snow and pizza run is the first run of the new year, usually the first weekend. In recent years it's been held on the Yankee Hill trail system, but in prior years there were other locations.

When I started the Snow and Pizza Run, no one had any idea of the life it would take! The whole idea was to be the first run of the year and of course the first gathering of the new year. The very first (and several after) run was Switzerland Trail from the township of Sugarloaf to Ward then ending at Mill Site Inn on Peak to Peak Highway just North of the Brainard Lake turn off. At that time Sugarloaf Mountain was still open and provided a great side trip. I forgot what year that first run was but I do remember it was on January 2nd and we had 23 rigs, which was a record of vehicles on any club run prior to that in club history! We met on Canyon (out of Boulder) just past the climbing rocks. It was quite a site when the rigs completely filled the smallish pull off! A tradition was borne! Chief or Goldielocks might remember the year as I remember he was in attendance. The plan was three part, first, an easy all rig run, lunch and fellowship, and then the diehard (hardcores) searched out more adventure afterwards. Some years had lots of adventure while others were just fun to get out for the first outing of the year. When the drought really waned off the snow we sought out higher trails for more frozen challange, which is what brought Yankee Hill area into play. The main thing that I see that is really differant from those early day's is the rigs! A Cruiser wagon was pretty rare on a run and 40's were the primary vehicle of choice. There was a few mini's spatterd about....things have sure changed! :)

JadeRunner
12-13-2005, 01:28 PM
Still triing to get a date set. Probably do the Pizza Run in Jan. at this point, like we have in other years.

I do think I will do a quick run up there this Sunday. I'm thinking a 9am start and off the trail by 2pm. I'll post when confirmed.

Here are a few pictures of where we quite often get turned around when the snow is deep. Just past the middle\lower parking lot. Not really very far up.

Red_Chili
12-16-2005, 03:27 PM
RE: electionsI figgered I'd get spanked for not showing...

I didn't even get to hold out for a 10% raise! Well, at least I don't have to change my sig or somethin'. These darn computers are so complex.

nuclearlemon
12-16-2005, 09:10 PM
[QUOTE=Uncle Ben]The very first (and several after) run was Switzerland Trail from the township of Sugarloaf to Ward then ending at Mill Site Inn on Peak to Peak Highway just North of the Brainard Lake turn off. QUOTE]
havent' been up switzerland i don't think, but now that i saw this, i want to :D

http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=50863

crappy heeps

nakman
12-16-2005, 10:32 PM
crappy heeps
Wow, load up the ski rack and fire up the 245 AT's! I know just the branch on Yankee Hill that would love to see that... :D

Uncle Ben
12-16-2005, 11:49 PM
[QUOTE=Uncle Ben]The very first (and several after) run was Switzerland Trail from the township of Sugarloaf to Ward then ending at Mill Site Inn on Peak to Peak Highway just North of the Brainard Lake turn off. QUOTE]
havent' been up switzerland i don't think, but now that i saw this, i want to :D

http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=50863

crappy heeps

I hate to say it but "it's that J**p thing....I will never understand!" :rolleyes: :flamingo:

bh4rnnr
12-16-2005, 11:53 PM
Still triing to get a date set. Probably do the Pizza Run in Jan. at this point, like we have in other years.

I do think I will do a quick run up there this Sunday. I'm thinking a 9am start and off the trail by 2pm. I'll post when confirmed.

Here are a few pictures of where we quite often get turned around when the snow is deep. Just past the middle\lower parking lot. Not really very far up.

So who is the guy in the white fenders getting stuck in the snow? :D

Rzeppa
12-17-2005, 11:31 AM
I hate to say it but "it's that J**p thing....I will never understand!" :rolleyes: :flamingo:LOL! I like Bill Morgan's bumper sticker; something to the effect of "I do understand the jeep thing, that's why I drive a Toyota"

Groucho
12-19-2005, 04:19 PM
IIRC, the Dakota Territory Cruisers made a sticker 2 years ago and sold it at BHCC that read something like:
"I understand the jeep thing, thats why I drive a Toyota."

I missed my chance to buy one.

treerootCO
12-19-2005, 04:28 PM
I can cut vinyl stickers....anything you want them to say. I do need to get Ben his mallrated stickers first though :o

Rzeppa
12-19-2005, 04:55 PM
A couple years back, "Those Guys" (ROTR) had bumper stickers that said "Jeeps, they taste like chicken"