Elections were held at the meeting tonight. Your 2008 officers are:
Commander: Ken Romer
Vice-Commander: Nataniel Miller
Secretary: Carlton Bonilla
Treasurer: Matt Farr
Land Use: Bill Morgan
Event Coordinator: Matt Miller
Webmaster: Wes Worek
Big thanks to Ige, Jeff, Mary, and Mike for serving the club over the past several years. I've been proud to serve with all of you. And thanks to Wes and Bill for continuing to do all that you do.

Red_Chili
12-06-2007, 07:49 AM
And AxleIke and Subzali will be helping with Land Use too! :woot:

subzali
12-06-2007, 08:26 AM
Absolutely. Just to let everybody know, I usually need a little guidance the first time or two I do something, but once I figure out how it's been done in the past then I can take that and improve on it if need be, or otherwise make it my own. So please provide input these first couple of months until I get into the groove. I'm honored to be able to start giving back to the club that has been a motivation to me for the last couple of years and has always been there to give a helping hand. :risingsun:

bh4rnnr
12-06-2007, 08:51 AM
Absolutely. Just to let everybody know, I usually need a little guidance the first time or two I do something, but once I figure out how it's been done in the past then I can take that and improve on it if need be, or otherwise make it my own. So please provide input these first couple of months until I get into the groove. I'm honored to be able to start giving back to the club that has been a motivation to me for the last couple of years and has always been there to give a helping hand. :risingsun:

Matt, if you need any help with Event stuff or land Use, give me a shout.

Congrats to all the new officers, look forward to another great year with Rising Sun:beer::beer:

And thanks to all the outgoing officers for all there hard work:thumb:

Rezarf
12-06-2007, 11:54 AM
Congrats and thanks for stepping up everyone!
Rising Sun is a first class club that I am proud to be a part of.
:thumb:

:risingsun

timmbuck2
12-06-2007, 12:26 PM
Congrats to all, and thanks for all the hard work from everyone!

Timm

treerootCO
12-06-2007, 03:17 PM
thank you everyone and thank you Matt for stepping up in my absence.

Romer
12-06-2007, 04:19 PM
thank you everyone and thank you Matt for stepping up in my absence.

Where you gone?

corsair23
12-06-2007, 05:03 PM
A HUGE thanks to Romer for standing still while everyone else stepped back when volunteers were asked for :hill:

Hey Radar, now that you are the Event Coordinator can we expect a bunch more 40's only runs? :)

All kidding aside, thanks to everyone for their willingness to step up for 2008 :thumb:

powderpig
12-06-2007, 05:34 PM
Yes thanks to all the past officers for serving us in the past. Special thanks to Mary and Jeff for serving us a very very long time(maybe longer than most would of served). Not to discount the other officers at all. I know Jeff has been on the other side(of the table) for a real long time, hope you can enjoy the long over due rest. Later Robbie

CBone
12-06-2007, 09:16 PM
I've been driving Toyota 4x4 vehicles for the last 18 years and am very excited about being Rising Sun's new secretary. I volunteered last night because I've been a passive, part-time member of the club for the last few years and told myself I wanted to play a more active role in a great organization full of great people. Bear with me, I may have to ask you your name twice when you say something at the next meeting and i'll never fill the shoes of Jeff in the role of secretary, but I'm eager to learn, help the club and become a more active member. As I wrote in my article about the Toyota Community back in the July/August 2003 Toyota Trails, "From South Africa to Iceland to the United States, Toyota trucks are praised for their durability, dependability and all around worthiness, and I venture to say a lot of the people who drive them are the same." Thanks for voting me in and looking forward to 2008 with Rising Sun.

RockRunner
12-06-2007, 09:17 PM
Thanks to all that served and those to serve.

nuclearlemon
12-07-2007, 10:49 AM
congrats to the new officers :cheers:

Romer
12-08-2007, 12:06 AM
I think we owe Jeff, Mary and Ige our gratitude for their long service to the club on the board. You guys take a year or two off to recharge. We are just keeping the seats warm for a little while. Also, thanks to Treeroot for being the event coordinator.

I really appreciate Matt, Wes and Bill Morgan remaining on the board for another year.

The best thing about this club is its easy going non-political atmosphere. We will do our best to maintain that. The number one thing we as new officers need to remember is that this is a hobby and hobbies have to be fun or you move on to other hobbies.

If anyone ever feels that we are losing that feeling, give me a call.

Thanks for your support and I will do my best to carry on this great tradition.