PDA

View Full Version : What to do today?

acon40
12-08-2007, 09:50 AM
Thinking about taking the boss (aka the women of the house) up loveland pass as she has never been around anything like that. Whats cool to do up that way that is not skiing or maybe what towns are cool to walk around or the such?

Uncle Ben
12-08-2007, 10:07 AM
Thinking about taking the boss (aka the women of the house) up loveland pass as she has never been around anything like that. Whats cool to do up that way that is not skiing or maybe what towns are cool to walk around or the such?

Window shopping in Breckenridge? Factory outlet stores in Silverthorn?

Jacket
12-08-2007, 10:39 AM
Walking downtown in Breckenridge is a good time - I've done that with my folks and they really like it. Or Frisco, or Fairplay (if you are looking for more "rustic".

Double-check the status of Loveland pass. It was closed last night due to blizzard conditions, and the weather people said they might be getting 1-2 additional feet of snow up there.

calphi27
12-08-2007, 01:22 PM
If you go, report back with a snow report please.

acon40
12-08-2007, 02:52 PM
Never left.....it got bad again outside....so today is not the day...

Uncle Ben
12-08-2007, 02:58 PM
Never left.....it got bad again outside....so today is not the day...

:confused:
You drive an 80 don't ya? No such thing as "bad" weather! ;) :thumb:

PatrolMan
12-08-2007, 03:54 PM
Things to do... Stop in SilverPlume (after Georgetown) at the bakery. Really good breads and baked goods! Cool LITTLE town. Stop in Georgetown at the local Market. Really cool old time stuff. Nice little restaurants. Go over Guenella (SP?) Pass to 285 and back that route. Nice "detour" from the I-70 traffic. On way up, take hwy 6 through the tunnels and the "canyon". Idaho Springs also has a nice Main St as well. 2 Brothers Deli is pretty darn good for a quick cheap meal. Tommyknocker is good if you want a decent pub style sit-down meal.

Just a few of my little favorite places to go along the way!

RockRunner
12-08-2007, 05:21 PM
All the suggestions above are great, some other things to do when you are up there;

Snow shoeing, easy and beautiful.
Cross country skiing same as above.
Sleigh ride in Breck.
Tubing in Winter Park/Frasier.
Bob sledding in Vail.
Snow cat tour at most resorts

That should keep you busy for a while, if you do decide to go snow shoeing or CC skiing you can rent the equipment in Denver and stop anywhere you want.

PS Don't forget going up to Vail or Winter Park and renting some snow mobiles

acon40
12-09-2007, 08:41 PM
Thanks for all the advice guys.

Yes I drive a 80 that needs a full front end rebuild (still saving up to drop it off...no tools or time to do it myself), bad wipers (found that out today) Windows that fog sooooo bad haha and a oil light that won't go off.

So yea, need to get ahead of some issues first haha before I go crazy in weather. But I will say I love how it rides in the snow. Getting used to the way the have 4wd as to what I used to have. i figure the CDL will solve that? Or I will get over it haha.

Uncle Ben
12-09-2007, 10:24 PM
i figure the CDL will solve that? Or I will get over it haha.

Speaking of that....I have your sack of goodies from Jeff (Cruiser Dan). I can drop them off whenever.

acon40
12-10-2007, 09:10 AM
just drop it off at the front door again next time you are by. Thanks guy for the rising sun fedex...haha