...Hemi-Commando owners that think they have the ultimate vehicles
...snap straps and combo frame hooks to aid in the u-prepared
...GORTEX!
...eggnog latte's! :rolleyes:
...belonging to RISING SUN!
...(to be continued...) ;)

Uncle Ben
12-08-2007, 05:55 PM
Sooooo....this is sad.....it's Mall wheeling weather supreme out there and no one else has and happy thoughts? Sad sad day I tell ya!

PatrolMan
12-08-2007, 06:33 PM
Happiness is a nice warm fire and hot cocoa. Oh, and did I mention a snow shovel and quiet outside to hear the flakes falling as you scrape the sidewalks?

Actually, 4 e-locker and 4 studded snows. That makes for a fun day!

neliconcept
12-08-2007, 06:57 PM
Happiness is a nice warm fire and hot cocoa. Oh, and did I mention a snow shovel and quiet outside to hear the flakes falling as you scrape the sidewalks?

Actually, 4 e-locker and 4 studded snows. That makes for a fun day!

oh im havin deals of fun.

except for the red light i ran due to no ABS anymore.

but i did a 4wheel drag from that intersection to let em know i got the dibs.

neliconcept
12-08-2007, 06:58 PM
oh and does anybody know the suspected snow fall amount will end up being?

Uncle Ben
12-08-2007, 07:27 PM
oh and does anybody know the suspected snow fall amount will end up being?

http://weather.noaa.gov/weather/CO_cc_us.html

Rogue Leader
12-08-2007, 08:22 PM
Driving around in a 40 with no heater and wearing shorts. being able to drive while all the cars with "full time" or active traction control" just spin their wheels:woot:

Crash
12-08-2007, 08:22 PM
Having Bart back on the steet and trail. Finished up the Extreme A440F tranny/rebuilt t-case install this afternoon and it was really easy to tell that the front axle/ARBs were locking in per design without having to find dirt. Now to go find some easy money with the snatch strap! Winching will cost more!!

JadeRunner
12-08-2007, 09:07 PM
Congradulations Steve for getting your rig back on the road. Good timing too. Enjoy.

Hulk
12-08-2007, 10:08 PM
Happiness is a hot tub on a snowy day.

Happiness is taking your kids to see "Bee Movie" on a snowy afternoon, and having it be a really fun movie for everyone.

Happiness is driving your Land Cruiser home, and only slipping in the snow when you stomp the brakes on purpose to scare your wife. :D

Happiness is also getting up at 5:30 tomorrow to go powder skiing.

wesintl
12-08-2007, 10:13 PM
Happiness is the smell of burning metal and letting it cool under snowflakes ;)

Romer
12-08-2007, 10:17 PM
Hapiness is getting BGF AT KOs on the wifes 4runner. Of course we won't wheel your truck dear (under my breath, but now we can :D)

Hapiness is sitting around with your teenage daughters BS'ing and having a great time.

Hapiness is teaching the younger daughter about driving on snowy icy streets in hert cruiser and showing her there is nothing wrong with ABS just how the operator was using it.

Hapiness is have some great friends to BS with on the internet who aren't just your "internet friends"

ginericLC
12-08-2007, 11:35 PM
We actually got a few flakes in Idaho. I must say the V8 is a lot of fun in the snow. However, I wish it was part time. Actually I wish it had like 2wd, AWD, 4WD.

I laughed hard last night driving home in the snow. We were in the VW. When we got home Ginger said to our babysitter, "Do you want Eric to drive you home?" Both the babysitter and I started laughing because of a previous snow experience. When she was learning to drive her folks were in the middle of a wicked divorce. So I took her out in the first snow in the 80. She was driving way too fast. So I pulled the ebrake and we went spinning around in the ditch. The panic in her face and breathing was priceless. And then the, "What should I do now?" afterwards. Anyway, all she told Ginger was, "I'll be OK, and I'll drive slow."

And Romer, I'd kill for some BFG ATs right now. These MTRs suck. I really need to get them siped.

treerootCO
12-08-2007, 11:53 PM
working from home and getting a ton of work done around the house ;)

either that or good food with good company.

Rezarf
12-09-2007, 12:02 AM
Happiness is a warm fire, leather sofa, and snuggling with my wife. :D

AxleIke
12-09-2007, 12:33 AM
I dunno UB...

I'm pretty sure happiness is baha-ing at 40 mph through 8-10" of snow east of boulder on the back ranch roads going from longmont to b-town. Not another car for miles, and no tracks in the snow.

Then, coming onto arapahoe road with snow "beadlocks" and looking like adventure man to find a wayward traveler stuck in the snow, pulling out the d-ring hitch insert, putting it in the brand new bumper you just finished, and hooking up a strap.

Then, when they look chagrined at no forward progress, you tell them to hang on, you gotta flip the magic switches. Suddenly, 90:1 with both ends locked up rips that car out of the ditch like nothing.

Yeah, its good to have 4 wheel drive.

powderpig
12-09-2007, 08:50 AM
Happiness is More then 12 inches of snow at the place and the warm fires going. Happiness is cleaning up the mess in the down stairs. Happiness is Ty asking me lots of questions(how much is). Happiness is the kids sledding out on the hill. Happiness is a 80 series that goes any place I want to(boulder, louisville, longmont) in a snow storm(do wish santa would bring better winter tires). Robbie

bskey
12-09-2007, 11:01 AM
Happiness is having a garage to work in when it's cold outside, snow to play in when you finally open the garage door and are ready to roll, an ice cold winter brew to enjoy at the end of the day.... and then waking up to more snow! :D

waggoner5
12-09-2007, 01:18 PM
Happiness is More then 12 inches of snow at the place and the warm fires going. Happiness is cleaning up the mess in the down stairs. Happiness is Ty asking me lots of questions(how much is). Happiness is the kids sledding out on the hill. Happiness is a 80 series that goes any place I want to(boulder, louisville, longmont) in a snow storm(do wish santa would bring better winter tires). Robbie

Here, here. Happiness is just being in Colorado.

Uncle Ben
12-09-2007, 01:56 PM
Here, here. Happiness is just being in Colorado.

That works for me! :thumb: :cheers::)

RockRunner
12-09-2007, 02:39 PM
Happiness is coming back from dinner last night and pulling out a Build Jeep 4 door with the wives FJ Cruiser.

"You going to try and pull me out with that?"
"Yeah, here hook this up"
"I don't think it will work, that car is to small"
"Just hit the gas a little when you feel the tug"
......................................................Tug......................

"Holy c$@p I can't believe it"
"yeah you need at least 4wheel drive to get out of that mess"
"I have 4wheel drive"
"You got lockers or at least traction control?"
"I don't know, what are lockers?"
"Never mind it is getting cold, have a good night'
"Thanks, you want any cash?"
"Nah, that's OK this was FUN!!"

Wife........."Can we go now?!?!? This isn't fun for me"
"Yes honey"

Now that was happiness as my wife gloated all the way home about her truck and how it pulled out a jeep. Apparently it was fun for her!

Red_Chili
12-09-2007, 06:15 PM
And Romer, I'd kill for some BFG ATs right now. These MTRs suck. I really need to get them siped.

I sense a disturbance in the space time continuum. ATs better than MT/Rs???? My MT/Rs are the best snow and ice tires I've owned to date and they are NOT siped. Run them at 20psi tops!

Happiness is holding the movie till my younger son gets home from work and he tells a story of watching the foxes in Sterne Park. They 'harvested' a goose :thumb: and were burying it. He stood 15' from them the whole time.

Then we watched Ratatoulle.

Happiness is hearing my wife and son giggle for two hours.

Romer
12-09-2007, 06:19 PM
I sense a disturbance in the space time continuum. ATs better than MT/Rs???? My MT/Rs are the best snow and ice tires I've owned to date and they are NOT siped. Run them at 20psi tops!

The goodyear MTRs Rachel had were loud, ran rough, wore fast and were not that great in the snow

BFG AT KOs are quiet, run smooth on the road, last a long time and are pretty good in the snow.

My Toyo MTRs are better in the snow than the BFGs.

Uncle Ben
12-09-2007, 06:26 PM
Wife........."Can we go now?!?!? This isn't fun for me"
"Yes honey"

Now that was happiness as my wife gloated all the way home about her truck and how it pulled out a jeep. Apparently it was fun for her!

Priceless! :bowdown::Princess: :thumb::thumb::)

Hulk
12-09-2007, 10:49 PM
My BFG A/T tires do very well in the snow. My 40 has MT/Rs and I can't say it's "better" in the snow than my 80. Completely different vehicles, but still, ATs are surprisingly good.

Jacket
12-09-2007, 11:19 PM
Happiness is sledding in the park with the kids. Doesn't matter if you are 3 yrs or 300 yrs - sledding is a blast!

subzali
12-10-2007, 09:19 AM
Happiness is skiing in Crested Butte this last weekend :D. It was epic.

wesintl
12-10-2007, 10:15 AM
my buddy went to cb. It was good but it cannot be epic w/0 TNF or teo... no extreme limits= no reason for me to go. I bet the stash halway there was better. I'm not tellin where though ;)

subzali
12-10-2007, 10:35 AM
Okay you're right, it wasn't quite epic - but for a first-timer, it was pretty good, how about that? :D