PDA

View Full Version : Just missed getting impacted by the wreck...

Red_Chili
12-11-2007, 09:15 AM
From what I can tell, they are saying the coal train derailment that hit the Light Rail train happened at about 0615... I was just north of it and got on the trail at 0544 at Littleton Downtown. Which means it was the C train right behind mine... YOIKS! :eek: (there would have been a D train between us, so the gap was a lot more than I thought...)

Glad no one was hurt, it could've been SO much worse. FWIW, I saw that coal train pass going south. One of the locomotives was TFM, the Mexican national rail line (on lease no doubt). I thought, "gee, kinda like the Mexican trucks that can pass the border now, but are not held to the same safety standards?" Almost mentioned it to a fellow passenger.

Guess we will see if that was involved in the cause of the derailment...:rolleyes:

[Edit: corrected the times, what was I thinking? zzzzzzzzzzzz]

subzali
12-11-2007, 09:19 AM
I was on N.B. Sante Fe when the emergency vehicles arrived on-scene, about 10 cars back. My eyes bugged out when I saw the Light Rail was not on the tracks! The looks on their faces were somewhat comical ("what happened?"), and I'm glad nobody was hurt.

Rezarf
12-11-2007, 10:18 AM
From what I can tell, they are saying the coal train derailment that hit the Light Rail train happened at about 0630... that can't be, I was just north of it and got on the trail at 0644 at Littleton Downtown. Which means it was the train right behind mine... YOIKS! :eek:

Glad no one was hurt, it could've been SO much worse. FWIW, I saw that coal train pass going south. One of the locomotives was TFM, the Mexican national rail line (on lease no doubt). I thought, "gee, kinda like the Mexican trucks that can pass the border now, but are not held to the same safety standards?" Almost mentioned it to a fellow passenger.

Guess we will see if that was involved in the cause of the derailment...:rolleyes:

Glad you are safe Bill! :eek:

Cheeseman
12-12-2007, 12:04 PM
Now I would tell my wife that what saved me was just plain ol' "good clean married livin". She still would have freaked out. That was a close call Bill. See, the cruiser er truck gods are with you.
________
HOMEMADE VAPORIZER (http://homemadevaporizers.info/)

Red_Chili
12-12-2007, 12:43 PM
I was a half hour ahead of it, as it turns out. The minitruck angels were with me. :lmao: