PDA

View Full Version : Need a 60 Transfer Case

rover67
12-12-2007, 09:30 AM
I've decided that the vibration in my drivetrain must be coming from my transfer case, so i've decided to go ahead and take it apart again. I am trying to figure out if i need to get a new bearing kit and go at it from scratch, or if i should just swap it out with another used one. Either way, I am guessing that I am going to need some spare parts in the middle of the job since the noise has gotten out of control now. Tonight I am going to drain the oil from it to see how much metal is in it.

Does anybody have a early 60 case with guts lying around? I say some stuff change hands in another thread...

I am probably going to get all my parts lined up and hit it hard next weekend. I have no other transportation, so i have to get it done in one swoop.

nakman
12-12-2007, 09:49 AM
Sorry, no t-case. But if you decide you need a transmission, let me know!

Kipper
12-12-2007, 10:31 AM
is there a thread somewhere to diagnose this vibration issue?

rover67
12-12-2007, 10:39 AM
yep there is.

i have tried everything. kinda frustrated, but i am pretty sure it is in the tranfer case. everything else i've checked twice or three times even.

Uncle Ben
12-12-2007, 11:24 AM
yep there is.

i have tried everything. kinda frustrated, but i am pretty sure it is in the tranfer case. everything else i've checked twice or three times even.
Unless something is bent or really sloppy I have doubts. If somethings that worn out you will have noise too!

rover67
12-12-2007, 11:56 AM
want to go for a ride in it? give me your .02?

and yeah, it is noisy.. pretty darn noisy.