PDA

View Full Version : Atten Northsiders: Lafayette Offroad??

Tch2fly
12-15-2007, 08:50 AM
Anybody ever do business with these guys?

When I won a $50 gift certificate, I called about using it and they sounded like they have no accessories in stock, i.e. highlift jack , towstrap etc. The guy on the phone wasn't very helpful.

Not sure if I want to try to use it or sell it.

Uncle Ben
12-15-2007, 09:25 AM
Is that Russell Automotive?

Rezarf
12-15-2007, 09:45 AM
I saw them on South Boulder one block east of S. Public on the south side of the road. I hadn't heard of them before, but that had a lot of cool stickers in the window! :D

Tch2fly
12-15-2007, 11:56 AM
Is that Russell Automotive?

I think so...the card I got said "lafayetteoffroad.com" and looking at the website, Russell Auto is a repair/maintance shop and the Lafayette Offroad is 4x4's.

Maddmatt
12-15-2007, 11:59 AM
Never heard of them, but that doesn't mean much. I'll have to check them out.

Boulder Cruiser
12-15-2007, 12:19 PM
If its the place im thinking of its on south boulder rd almost at the end. They swapped t-cases for me a couple years ago, it was pretty pricey and quality wasn't that great. The guy that helped me was nice but everyone else wasn't very friendly. If i remember correctly they did have high lift stuff, tow straps, etc.

Uncle Ben
12-15-2007, 12:21 PM
I think so...the card I got said "lafayetteoffroad.com" and looking at the website, Russell Auto is a repair/maintance shop and the Lafayette Offroad is 4x4's.

I've heard good things about their work but I also have heard they have attitude. I personally have not dealt with them.

Jacket
12-15-2007, 04:22 PM
The building is pretty small, so I wouldn't guess they'd have much stock in-house. If I'm out and about tomorrow, I'll try and stop by and peak in the window.

Jacket
12-18-2007, 08:45 AM
I took a look on Sunday. It's mostly garage space; not much to the "store", unless they hide some inventory in the back. Couple of sets of driving lights, a receiver shackle, and some other random stuff. Based on what I saw, I suspect it's mostly a service-oriented place.

On the bright side, there was a 3rd gen 4Runner in the garage getting work done :thumb:

Tch2fly
12-18-2007, 09:00 AM
Thanks for the update.
Maybe after the new year I'll try to call again and see if they can order something so I only make one trip.