PDA

View Full Version : Ice Racing in Georgetown

Convert
12-15-2007, 05:57 PM
Anyone interested in the ice races at Georgetown? Thought it might be fun to go hit one of there Fun days and mess around on the lake. I have been to the one at Wonderview a few years ago and it was a fun day. Anyone been to the Georgetown ice races? Here is a link www.ourgangiceraces.com

subzali
12-15-2007, 07:01 PM
Once I get my truck back on the road I'm definitely hitting up G-town lake this winter :D

JadeRunner
12-15-2007, 07:10 PM
I went to a fun day several years ago in Goergetown. It's a lot of fun racing your friends and others. I was all happy when I beat Rob Meredith in his built 40. He was our old commander for the new guys.

nuclearlemon
12-15-2007, 08:27 PM
dress warm...it gets freakin cold standing out on that ice. fun though...especially when the hummers get out there.

Uncle Ben
12-15-2007, 09:12 PM
Thats where I got my handle from! We were the Wildrice Racing team and of course I became Uncle Ben. I might even dig up some pics for your veiwing enjoyment! We did bare rubber and novice studs. Kick in the butt!

Convert
12-16-2007, 06:04 PM
Thats where I got my handle from! We were the Wildrice Racing team and of course I became Uncle Ben. I might even dig up some pics for your veiwing enjoyment! We did bare rubber and novice studs. Kick in the butt!

I would enjoy seeing those pictures:thumb:

PatrolMan
12-16-2007, 07:48 PM
It is a total blast, but yes, dress warm! The wind can be the worst part about being up there. If you have studs, a helmet is required. I didn't know the first time I tried to run street studs. No helmet for bare rubber though. If you plan on racing bare rubber, be ready to get spanked by the Subaru's and Audi's. SO darn frustrating but still a real blast to do!