PDA

View Full Version : Pulled over on 93..

rover67
01-02-2008, 10:26 PM
had to say something!!
I didn't know 40's could go faster than the speed limit!

Just realized this was in the wrong forum... eek.

Rezarf
01-02-2008, 10:30 PM
I knew someone would see me :eek:

Nope, my rear tail lights were out... nice cop, no tiky :D :woot: :party:

i am blowing fuses can't figure out why.

MDH33
01-03-2008, 08:02 AM
I knew someone would see me :eek:

Nope, my rear tail lights were out... nice cop, no tiky :D :woot: :party:

i am blowing fuses can't figure out why.

Mag chloride (de-icer) on the roads. It's both corrosive AND highly conductive. I'm having fuse issues too ever since I drove it in that slop.

Rezarf
01-03-2008, 08:54 AM
Mag chloride (de-icer) on the roads. It's both corrosive AND highly conductive. I'm having fuse issues too ever since I drove it in that slop.

Yeah, I figured it was something like that. I used a pressure wash car wash the other day and had ice everywhere afterwards, and it has barely gotten' warm enough to melt it out of places like that I bet.

Oh well, he was a nice cop.

wesintl
01-03-2008, 09:24 AM
Glad to here it was only a check... :cheers:

rover67
01-03-2008, 10:32 AM
yeah, no kidding!

Rzeppa
01-03-2008, 08:40 PM
Mag Chloride is bad ju-ju for our old electrical connectors, much worse from an electrochemical standpoint than good old NaCl. I got pulled over in Morrison about a year ago for a tail light out. I convinced Officer Friendly to put his spotlight on my roadside tail light replacement. It didn't work, but when I wiggled the connections the light started working. Turns out he has an old Willys and related to old, crusty connectors.

More recently, my 71 (same rig) seemed to have a headlight out. Again, crusty connector. Just this evening I was informed that the low beam on my 78 is out on the passenger side. I haven't had the time to investigate, but won't be surprised if it's the darned connector as opposed to the lamp. The same 78 has a side marker connector hanging by a thread, I just noticed when I was washing the mag chloride deposits off.

Mag Chloride=Bad ju-ju