PDA

View Full Version : How to get rid of a car loan....

acon40
01-04-2008, 07:35 PM
Still no word on the Oz move, but I did get a interesting email which makes me think its going forward. It all comes down to the offer of course.

Anyway, is the only way to get out of a car loan to sell it (if its less then the loan then I need to come up with the rest) or to just park it and pay it off and then sell it or keep it in a garage until I move back?

I am not sure what my options our with our two cars and I just am toying with ideas of what I need to do if I take it. I wouldn't mind storing the cars. But for 2 to 5 years would they get trashed from just sitting there or do companies actually store them for you?

Hulk
01-05-2008, 11:05 AM
Still no word on the Oz move, but I did get a interesting email which makes me think its going forward. It all comes down to the offer of course.

Anyway, is the only way to get out of a car loan to sell it (if its less then the loan then I need to come up with the rest) or to just park it and pay it off and then sell it or keep it in a garage until I move back?

I am not sure what my options our with our two cars and I just am toying with ideas of what I need to do if I take it. I wouldn't mind storing the cars. But for 2 to 5 years would they get trashed from just sitting there or do companies actually store them for you?

Sell it and pay off the loan. Unless you've spent significant time building the wheeling rig of your dreams, or if it's an ultra-low-mile creampuff, there is no reason to make payments on a car while you're on the other side of the globe.