PDA

View Full Version : Tread lightly vote cast for Rising Sun

leiniesred
01-06-2008, 12:48 PM
Lin and I took the time to read the bios for the candidates for the Industy and Media representative positions of Tread Lightly.

We selected Bill Hines and Jeff Nasi to represent the the positions respectfully.

While all four candidates are most certainly capable of performing the duties of the positions, we had to choose only two.
Our main selection criteria was, "Which candidate is more likely to be in tune with the Rising Sun 4 Wheel Drive Club's interests?"

Bill and Jeff are currently employed in truck related industries while their opponents are employed in the ATV segment of the industry.

In summary, we selected the Jeep guy over the John Deere guy in the "industry" position and the Peterson's magazine guy over the boating and powersports guy in the "media" position.

Next time, I'll be prepared to put forth the information about the positions and candidates before the club membership to make sure the club's decision is expressed in the voting procedure. This time we are under a time constraint.

-Stephen and Lin

Uncle Ben
01-06-2008, 12:55 PM
Thank you Rude Boy and Lyn! Your choices seem well thought out and I agree with your reasoning! :thumb:
Lin and I took the time to read the bios for the candidates for the Industy and Media representative positions of Tread Lightly.

We selected Bill Hines and Jeff Nasi to represent the the positions respectfully.

While all four candidates are most certainly capable of performing the duties of the positions, we had to choose only two.
Our main selection criteria was, "Which candidate is more likely to be in tune with the Rising Sun 4 Wheel Drive Club's interests?"

Bill and Jeff are currently employed in truck related industries while their opponents are employed in the ATV segment of the industry.

In summary, we selected the Jeep guy over the John Deere guy in the "industry" position and the Peterson's magazine guy over the boating and powersports guy in the "media" position.

Next time, I'll be prepared to put forth the information about the positions and candidates before the club membership to make sure the club's decision is expressed in the voting procedure. This time we are under a time constraint.

-Stephen and Lin

Romer
01-06-2008, 12:57 PM
I know I speak on behalf of the whole club in thanking Lin and Steve for stepping up and taking care of this. Sounds like a well thought out position.

powderpig
01-06-2008, 02:05 PM
Thank you Lin and Steve. Looks like good choices and sound reasoning.

Red_Chili
01-06-2008, 04:25 PM
You coulda put twice the work in and four times the education and the result would be... exactly the same! You nailed it, you have a read on the club IMHO.