PDA

View Full Version : Need resturant ideas in Broomfield

Man Jerk
01-08-2008, 03:54 PM
Couple friends of mine are going to be briefly staying in broomfield and I'm looking for some reasonably prices restaurants in the area.

What's good.

treerootCO
01-08-2008, 03:57 PM
Brother's BBQ
Jewel of India
Pho 120
The buffet in the Pacific Ocean Mart
Kabob Station
Smiling Moose Deli
Deli Zone
Jalisco's
Pei Wei

isotel
01-08-2008, 04:48 PM
Mark has Friends :dunno:

:lmao: JK Bro

CardinalFJ60
01-08-2008, 05:31 PM
...I really like Gordon Biersch. GREAT beer, excelllent food. It's a brew-pub with a good menu ranging from KILLER burgers to a Pecan-crusted Chicken dish to pizza and pastas - and the garlic fries/mashers are a real treat. Make sure both you AND your significant other get them though

Bloom is also there, kinda fancier and not as reasonably priced.

HTH

Rezarf
01-08-2008, 06:23 PM
I gotta vote for Woody's Pizza, if you are looking for wood fired pizza, this is your place! :D

Rogue Leader
01-08-2008, 06:37 PM
gotta agree with woodys. during a 3 day baseball tourny in broomfield we ate there 4 or 5 times

Maddmatt
01-09-2008, 09:51 AM
...I really like Gordon Biersch. GREAT beer, excelllent food. It's a brew-pub with a good menu ranging from KILLER burgers to a Pecan-crusted Chicken dish to pizza and pastas - and the garlic fries/mashers are a real treat. Make sure both you AND your significant other get them though

Bloom is also there, kinda fancier and not as reasonably priced.

HTH

Word. You, your SO, anybody riding in the car with you, and the people at the next table. Good though.

Village Tavern at the mall is also good for burgers and steaks.

For quicker lunch, I prefer the Heidis by the King Soopers on 287, love that fresh sour dough.

Uncle Ben
01-09-2008, 11:41 AM
Ditto on Woody's, Village Tavern and Gordon Biersch! Blooms is way over priced for mediocre food.....imo!

CardinalFJ60
01-09-2008, 12:00 PM
Ditto on Woody's, Village Tavern and Gordon Biersch! Blooms is way over priced for mediocre food.....imo!

SO True about Bloom!

Everytime I go to Bloom with my wife, I walk away thinking, "we paid how much, for THAT!? :o

treerootCO
01-09-2008, 12:00 PM
A little birdy sent me to Huckleberries in louisville. very nice atmosphere as a good lunch menu. Same owners of the Boulder Dushanbe Tea House in Boulder if I remembered correctly.

Maddmatt
01-09-2008, 01:17 PM
A little birdy sent me to Huckleberries in louisville. very nice atmosphere as a good lunch menu. Same owners of the Boulder Dushanbe Tea House in Boulder if I remembered correctly.

The Huck is good, since it's just a few blocks from my house we eat there a lot. Word of caution though, they adhere to Boulder service standards. Ranges from attentive, immediate 5-star level to

"dude, we totally forgot you were here, what did you order again"

"Well, I ordered breakfast, but since you're here - lets switch that to lunch"

If you're going all the way into Louisville, we've really been enjoying the new Waterloo. Great burgers and fun atmosphere. Good beers on tap.

Uncle Ben
01-09-2008, 01:38 PM
The Huck is good, since it's just a few blocks from my house we eat there a lot. Word of caution though, they adhere to Boulder service standards. Ranges from attentive, immediate 5-star level to

"dude, we totally forgot you were here, what did you order again"

"Well, I ordered breakfast, but since you're here - lets switch that to lunch"

If you're going all the way into Louisville, we've really been enjoying the new Waterloo. Great burgers and fun atmosphere. Good beers on tap.

Waterloo's ??????

Maddmatt
01-09-2008, 01:59 PM
Waterloo's ??????

Right next to Senor T's. Used to be the Druid Arms. They aired it out, moved the Goths along and made it safe for yuppies. Just my kind of place, with a huge big screen for Bronco games. Apparently they do Wi bowling some nights, haven't tried that yet.

Uncle Ben
01-09-2008, 02:00 PM
Right next to Senor T's. Used to be the Druid Arms. They aired it out, moved the Goths along and made it safe for yuppies. Just my kind of place, with a huge big screen for Bronco games. Apparently they do Wi bowling some nights, haven't tried that yet.

Cool!

Mendocino
01-10-2008, 10:17 PM
Ted's on 120th west of Lowell; Red Robin at 144th and Huron, Benihana, and O's at the Westin in Westminster is great.

nakman
01-10-2008, 10:43 PM
I can't do Woody's like you guys.. maybe it's because since it's all you can I feel it's my duty to make them "pay," but it seems like I'm the one who pays in the end.

But if I could eat anywhere in the area, I'd drive down the hill to Effrain's in Lafayette and get some very good Mexican. :thumb: great food, and good luck spending more than $15/person, with drinks! :cheers:

Romer
01-10-2008, 10:52 PM
When I was a kid, we use to drive all the way to Lousiville to eat at calliaccis (spell??) and I know it burnt down and the same family owns the Blue Parrot. Last I ate there was 5 years ago and it was still pretty good with its real thick noodles.

Is that still there?

I think it was all farmland from I-25 to Louisville then. That was soon after they removed the toll boths on the Boulder Turnpike because they paid the road off. When was the last time you heard of that happening?

nakman
01-10-2008, 10:58 PM
Calacci's is closed, and became another Pasquini's but it's not as good as the one on S. Broadway. Blue Parot is pretty nasty, IMO.. but I think they still have Pabst on tap, so you got that going for you, which is nice.

Dude those tolls ended in like 1978.. man you're old! :eek: :bolt:

Romer
01-10-2008, 11:10 PM
Calacci's is closed, and became another Pasquini's but it's not as good as the one on S. Broadway. Blue Parot is pretty nasty, IMO.. but I think they still have Pabst on tap, so you got that going for you, which is nice.

Dude those tolls ended in like 1978.. man you're old! :eek: :bolt:

I got my license in 1977. I am old.

I thought the tolls were gone before that though. Either that or my dad was "frugal" and took another route.

nakman
01-10-2008, 11:14 PM
I got my license in 1977. I am old.

I thought the tolls were gone before that though. Either that or my dad was "frugal" and took another route.

Holy cow you're right, 1967 http://www.mesalek.com/colo/dbt.html

dude you're older than I thought! :lmao:

Shark Bait
01-10-2008, 11:21 PM
Olde Philly Town at 120th & Sheridan has great Philly cheese steak sandwiches. :bowdown:

Uncle Ben
01-10-2008, 11:27 PM
Holy cow you're right, 1967 http://www.mesalek.com/colo/dbt.html

dude you're older than I thought! :lmao:

Blue Parrot is still pretty good but Tim's correct as the other brother's place Calacci's was superior! Everyone misses that place! Effrains is good/mediocre mexican food (check out the all white crowd) but across the street is La Familia ....best dang Mehican food in the area! Our Santiago's in Lafeyette has won numerous awards and several critics have claimed it's the best Santiagos in the state! Swing by on Monday or Friday morning and get a couple hot breakfast burritos with Chorizo sometime!!!!!!! Yum Yum!

We may disagree on the best food in the area but we all agree that Romer IS OLD! :eek: :lmao::lmao: :hill:

Uncle Ben
01-10-2008, 11:30 PM
Olde Philly Town at 120th & Sheridan has great Philly cheese steak sandwiches. :bowdown:

x2! Deli Zone in Boulder on Valmont is killer too! (the one in Broomfield was good but has taken a huge nose dive! :()

Shark Bait
01-10-2008, 11:37 PM
x2! Deli Zone in Boulder on Valmont is killer too! (the one in Broomfield was good but has taken a huge nose dive! :()

Found any place to replace Juan's yet? :rant:

Uncle Ben
01-10-2008, 11:43 PM
Found any place to replace Juan's yet? :rant: Nope! :bawl: I've taken Jerry BB's from Santiago's on Friday a couple times, which is always welcome, but Juan's is a tough act to follow and is sorely missed!

Maddmatt
01-11-2008, 09:57 AM
To complete the total Hijack of where to eat in Broomfield:

Collacci's ruled, the rib-eye pita sandwich for $6 ranks up there, in my mind, with the hot pastrami from the original Salvaggios in Boulder, and that's saying something. Really miss that place.

The Blue Parrot, I'm sorry to say as a nearly 10 year Louisville resident and Colorado Native (I remember 1977 Romer, but sure wasn't driving), sucks. From the service to the food to the decor, its just wrong. The only thing I like is Paul the bartender/State Rep. and the $1 Pabst.

If you're already in Louisville, kids eat free at the OLI on weekend nights, and can go to the playroom and watch sponge bob while you have that all too rare RELAXED second beer. Food is inconsistent, but the basics are always good, one of the best bars in Colorado, and, again, kids eat free and have a playroom to go to when they get bored.

And, the Empire Grill will be opening soon in the old Colacci's place. High hopes for that place, they have some sort of tie-in with Zolos.

Back to Broomfield, just stick with Brother's BBQ. That maybe my lunch today......