PDA

View Full Version : Broken window

Rogue Leader
01-09-2008, 06:07 PM
my window is evil. i stays up most of the time but if i bump the handle or hit a big pothole(like the one infront of my work) it goes down so only about 1/4 of the window is showingl. when this happens i have to go outside and pull the window up and turn the handle until it catches to hold the window in the full upright and lockes position. is this a broken window regulator or some gears in the handle have been sheared off.:doh:

nuclearlemon
01-09-2008, 06:32 PM
sounds like the regulator is screwed up. could be gears, could be the coil spring thingy. easy to chang eon the early model doors.

Rogue Leader
01-09-2008, 06:42 PM
any way to get one locally? it gets kinda cold when i come home from work with my window open.:D

SteveH
01-10-2008, 09:37 AM
Buy a repro window regulator assembly from Cool Cruisers - or find a used genuine Toyota one - they're out there. I suspect the teeth are mostly missing from the gear or the gear axle bushing is ovalled out, and when you hit a bump, the gears slip and the window drops.

Rzeppa
01-10-2008, 11:40 AM
I had the same problem in my 71. Teeth were chewed up on the regulator. New OEM from SOR was only $30-35 or so IIRC.