PDA

View Full Version : WANTED Torsion Bars for 4Runner/Truck

PatrolMan
01-13-2008, 07:58 PM
Need a set of heavy duty torsion bars to carry the added weight on the front of my truck. What have you got? New or used so long as they are in decent shape!

Red_Chili
01-14-2008, 08:41 AM
You may not be happy with the ride. DAMHIK. The stockers do much better, even cranked a skoash.

Of course, you could have an M50 up there with full clips for all I know... :lmao:

bskey
01-14-2008, 08:51 AM
I'm not all too familiar with these, but they are an IFS component, right? I have no need for the ones on the '86 4Runner.

DaveInDenver
01-14-2008, 10:26 AM
You may not be happy with the ride. DAMHIK. The stockers do much better, even cranked a skoash.

Of course, you could have an M50 up there with full clips for all I know... :lmao:
Yeah, trust me Bill, with what he's got going 26mm Downey bars might be about right. Beefy isn't descriptive enough!

PatrolMan
01-14-2008, 11:17 AM
I know they stiffen the ride, but over time they break in a bit. I have a pair of Downey bars in my 87 4Runner. Has the ARB bumper and the 12k winch on the front. Rides a lot nicer now than it did with the stockers!

My work-truck has a bumper weighing in around the same as the ARB. It will get a 8274 winch so it could use the bars. The real reason is that I want to put a snowplow on the front of the truck so I need something to carry the weight. It is the smallest plow I could find without going with plastic styles but it still is gonna weigh in around a couple hundred pounds! At least it is only for personal use so it won't be plowing too much but the heavier bars are still needed!