PDA

View Full Version : Volunteer for Cruise Moab 2008

Shark Bait
01-13-2008, 08:56 PM
We are in need of volunteers for Cruise Moab 2008!

Trail Leaders, gunners, registration, tech-in, merchandise sales & dinner.

We could surely use a volunteer to take the official winner photos at the raffle and and someone who can commit to taking the official CM trailer out to Moab and back, and someone who will be available Friday afternoon to take the trailer up to the Bar-M mid-afternoon to help get set up for the raffle.

More details here (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=5787), or contact Squishy on this forum.

I know we have at least 35 RS members registered. Please give up a little of your time to help make this the best Cruise Moab ever! :thumb::party:

AxleIke
01-13-2008, 10:41 PM
I can do a tech in position for a while too.

Red_Chili
01-14-2008, 07:36 AM
I can do tech if my son will have me.
I can also work the table, and have volunteered to trail lead a couple and gun anything.

MDH33
01-15-2008, 09:02 AM
Are we supposed to print and snail mail the volunteer form? :confused:

RockRunner
01-15-2008, 01:36 PM
Depending on my arrival I will help were needed. As soon as I nail down an arrival date I will let you know.

(`._.[xtr3m3]._.)
01-16-2008, 09:04 PM
I scanned it and emailed it to Squishy. Is that going to work?

Shark Bait
01-16-2008, 09:16 PM
That should work. Thanks guys. We'll start putting together a schedule of things to do, soon.

Squishy!
01-17-2008, 06:08 PM
Ya'll can print it out and bring it to the Feb Rising Sun meeting too. Or Leif's method of scanning works great too. :D

Squishy!
01-17-2008, 06:08 PM
And :cheers: to everyone who volunteers!

timmbuck2
01-17-2008, 06:40 PM
count me in for anything...Trail Leaders, gunners, registration, merchandise sales...

Romer
01-17-2008, 06:59 PM
One big thing is the dinner. It generally takes about 7 people working the table. 3 to sell raffle tickets and merchandise and 4 to help shred the tickets into singles and put them in the drum. These people work pretty hard and sometimes don't get a break till dinner is over and the raffle starts.

This year, everyone should be able to have an hour between 6 and 8 to enjoy dinner, visit with old friends and make new acquaintances. So we need to define two shifts of the 7 folks for just working dinner. This is one kids and spouses can help with.

This is the best damn TLCA event out there. Everyone who comes has a great time and thats due to the hard work of this club. We need to make sure each and every person gets time to have fun as well.

Squishy!
01-19-2008, 11:04 AM
This response is awesome :thumb:, but we really prefer the forms being filled out. It'll make all of our lives easier and we can track it all better. So not to drill into your heads or anything, but FILL OUT THE FORMS! :D

Squishy!
01-30-2008, 07:00 PM
I want to thank ya'll for the great response we've had so far. You guys rock! :thumb:

Mendocino
03-07-2008, 11:51 PM
I'm in for the dinner shift. Romer has been beating this drum for the last three meetings that I could make (6 months?). I know very few people so this will be easy wrt to the dinner. I have two considerations: 1) My 6 year old son will be with me; 2) I need to make sure I make it (should not be too bad).

Romer
03-17-2008, 08:03 PM
So here is what we need for volunteers:

Tech inspection 5 all day wednesday (Shifts), and 2 early the next 3 days

Bil Morgan
Issac
Mike W

Registration in shifts of 3 all day wednesday and 1 early thur and fri

Rachel Romer
Ken Romer
Mike W

Dinner on Friday. we need a total of 14 volunteeers to cover both shifts

Mendocino
Timmbuck2
Rachel Romer
Ken Romer
Mike W

Folks who have already said they would volunteer who need a task. What do you guys want to do?
Farnhamstj
Jethro
MDH33
(`._.[xtr3m3]._.)
Ben Nikkle
Ryan Snyder (both new guys)

Who else wants to take a shift at tech inspection, registration or the Dinner?

Tch2fly
03-17-2008, 08:27 PM
I can help at the dinner.
Put me down for shift of registration and one of tech as well.

Romer
03-17-2008, 08:33 PM
I can help at the dinner.
Put me down for shift of registration and one of tech as well.

Thanks Mike, updated list

MDH33
03-18-2008, 10:52 AM
Put me where needed. I can help out anywhere.

Will any of the time slots conflict with our chosen trail runs?

timmbuck2
03-18-2008, 10:54 AM
I chose the registration shift, not the dinner shift.

But I will help out wherever needed.

T

Romer
03-18-2008, 08:31 PM
Updated

Bil Morgan
Issac
Mike W
Justin Morgan

Rachel Romer
Ken Romer
Mike W
Timmbuck2
MDH33

Mendocino
Rachel Romer
Ken Romer
Mike W
Timmbuck2
Farnhamstj
Jethro
MDH33
(`._.[xtr3m3]._.)
Ben Nikkle
Ryan Snyder

Timm- I put you down for both the registration and dinner as you said you can help wherever needed. The dinner is just 45-60 minutes. We need lots of volunteers here or those 7 working it do it for the whole 2 hours and get no time to enjoy the dinner or talk to anyone. I can take your name off it if you want.

I put those down who had volunteered for the Dinner who did not have a task. Your more than welcome to help for a couple of hours at Registration or tech inspection. Let me know.

timmbuck2
03-19-2008, 09:35 AM
More than happy to help wherever I am needed.

T

Updated

Bil Morgan
Issac
Mike W
Justin Morgan

Rachel Romer
Ken Romer
Mike W
Timmbuck2
MDH33

Mendocino
Rachel Romer
Ken Romer
Mike W
Timmbuck2
Farnhamstj
Jethro
MDH33
(`._.[xtr3m3]._.)
Ben Nikkle
Ryan Snyder

Timm- I put you down for both the registration and dinner as you said you can help wherever needed. The dinner is just 45-60 minutes. We need lots of volunteers here or those 7 working it do it for the whole 2 hours and get no time to enjoy the dinner or talk to anyone. I can take your name off it if you want.

I put those down who had volunteered for the Dinner who did not have a task. Your more than welcome to help for a couple of hours at Registration or tech inspection. Let me know.

(`._.[xtr3m3]._.)
03-19-2008, 09:42 AM
You can put me down for a registration shift as well. I should be there by mid day on Wednesday.

Romer
03-19-2008, 09:48 AM
Updated

Bil Morgan
Issac
Mike W
Ken Romer
Justin Morgan
Drew

Subzali - Thur and Fri early shift

Rachel Romer
Mike W
Timmbuck2
MDH33
(`._.[xtr3m3]._.)
Stacy
Corbet

Mendocino
Rachel Romer
Corsair23
Mike W
Timmbuck2
Farnhamstj
Jethro
MDH33
(`._.[xtr3m3]._.)
Ben Nikkle
Ryan Snyder
Drew
Stacy
Corbet

AxleIke
03-19-2008, 10:00 AM
Looks good! Do I get a "techie" shirt!!! :D

Rezarf
03-19-2008, 10:01 AM
Ken-

Stacy and I are there for the week, I'd be happy to take a shift with the tech inspection and we could both help for the dinner. Stacy would be happy to help with anything registration wise, while I work tech inspection.

Either way, put us to work. We're in! and we will be there by Monday.

subzali
03-19-2008, 10:03 AM
Friday I can help with tech inspection and/or registration.

Romer
03-19-2008, 10:09 AM
We are looking good, thanks everybody, just a few more slots to fill. I'll try and work up a matrix and post it with shifts after I get a few more inputs. I assume Mary will also help out at Registration.

Hatfield (Our MC), Dave Brown, Neil and Matt will be the primaries for the raffle stuff. I will shift over to that if we get a couple more people on the dinner shift.

Corbet
03-19-2008, 11:00 AM
let me know where you need help, tech, dinner, merchandise, what ever....

Romer
03-19-2008, 12:23 PM
Thanks Corbet. Updated.

corsair23
03-19-2008, 12:37 PM
Ken,

Throw me in there for dinner/raffle help for sure. We probably won't be arriving until late Wednesday so I probably won't be much help that day at all but I might be able to help out on some tech inspection in the early evening.

Like last year I will rove around and help where needed. The wife and kids will be with me again this year so we might be able to put them to use as well, maybe helping with registrations or something.

Romer
03-19-2008, 12:57 PM
Thanks jeff,
I dropped my name off the Dinner list so I could help with the prizes and participate in the raffle as Club Commander :D

rover67
04-14-2008, 09:30 PM
sorry i am so late to the party. If yo uneed me for anything let me know. Allison, Mead and I will be ariving late late wed. night, and leaving sunday morning.

-Marco

corsair23
04-15-2008, 12:51 AM
sorry i am so late to the party. If yo uneed me for anything let me know. Allison, Mead and I will be ariving late late wed. night, and leaving sunday morning.

-Marco

Station Mead at the registration table, near the cash box :D

RockRunner
04-15-2008, 08:17 AM
Updated

Bil Morgan
Issac
Mike W
Ken Romer
Justin Morgan
Drew

Subzali - Thur and Fri early shift

Rachel Romer
Mike W
Timmbuck2
MDH33
(`._.[xtr3m3]._.)
Stacy
Corbet

Mendocino
Rachel Romer
Corsair23
Mike W
Timmbuck2
Farnhamstj
Jethro
MDH33
(`._.[xtr3m3]._.)
Ben Nikkle
Ryan Snyder
Drew
Stacy
Corbet

Ken I had send a note saying I could do Tech on Wednesday and work the dinner on Friday. I could take some pictures too but always worry about the outcome. I am looking for a flash mount so I can move the flash of the camera, sold my last one thinking I would not need it anymore :o

Anyway let me know what you need.

farnhamstj
04-16-2008, 08:16 PM
Happy to help at tech wed pm. Or registration.

Romer
04-16-2008, 08:28 PM
Justin Morgan (Squishey) is our volunteer coordinator and he has done a great job at putting a draft schedule together and will incorporate your inputs.

Thanks for volunteering guys.

Rezarf
04-21-2008, 10:03 AM
What shift can Stacy and I take on Wednesday. I would like to drive her through Arches if we can get away for a little while. We are there to help so no biggie if we aren't running shifts but can we call the mid-afternoon shift, I would imagine that would be the busiest shift?

Sorry, still in new territory here, and where do we go? I am assuming there is a big tent with circus performers somewhere? :)

Drew

Corbet
04-29-2008, 08:09 PM
I'm still good to help Wednesday but will not make Moab until probably noon-ish?