PDA

View Full Version : They're Back

Rzeppa
01-15-2008, 11:46 PM
I wonder if I leave a tranny outside, whether it would be safe. I saw the leader of my neighborhood gang loitering around my Land Cruisers again, and got out the camera in case we need to put this bad boy on "America's Most Wanted".

Mike, your LV is safe. I told him what you do to relax :-)

Groucho
01-16-2008, 06:57 AM
Nice bit of humor for those who have been victimized....

Thanks Jeff!

timmbuck2
01-16-2008, 09:54 AM
Hey! He looks kinda familiar....was he trying to sell you a split tcase, cheap!?

Rezarf
01-16-2008, 10:01 AM
Wow, that is a nice deer!

Drew

Red_Chili
01-16-2008, 10:09 AM
Pretty boy. I'd like to look at him every day.

Over my mantle!

Rzeppa
01-16-2008, 07:44 PM
Pretty boy. I'd like to look at him every day.

Over my mantle!
Actually I do see him nearly every day...along with his harem of 3 adult and 2 juvenile does.

There are at least 3 bucks that I see regularly in my yard, and they each have an entourage of does. As you might imagine, they are very seldom in the same area at the same time, but there are also many unaccompanied groups of does and juveniles who roam around the yard regularly.

There don't seem to be as many elk around in recent years as there were in years past, but there were a group of cows down the street a few weeks ago.

We had fresh lion tracks in our driveway at work in Conifer about a month ago:

RockRunner
01-16-2008, 11:53 PM
Never get tired of watching them. The Waterton Lockheed campus is home to about 30-40 deer, they casually graze on the surrounding grounds. Today there were about 10 of them grazing right next to the exit as everybody was heading home, a nice send of.

Rzeppa
02-10-2008, 08:58 AM
After I got back from Tim's yesterday, I looked outside and there were 4!!!! bucks out there, along with a harem of does. I got this shot of one of the bucks sauntering across my garage roof:

ianacole
02-10-2008, 09:48 AM
He looks like the one I almost creamed in the Tacoma the other night - about 2 blocks west of Union/Simms on Alameda. I missed the first one, and a second one smacked into the side of the truck. Fortunately, the dent popped right out, and the deer got up and ran off.

Nay
02-10-2008, 03:28 PM
This is my gang in the snow - I missed the perfect shot and grabbed the wrong camera, but there were six of them, all of whom turned to look at me in unison as I came outside for the shot less than 100 feet away.

My point-and-shoot wouldn't take the picture in time, but still got "one in the headlights" :D. My little girl, who is three, thinks they are reindeer :Princess:

Rzeppa
02-10-2008, 03:43 PM
This is my gang in the snow - I missed the perfect shot and grabbed the wrong camera, but there were six of them, all of whom turned to look at me in unison as I came outside for the shot less than 100 feet away.

My point-and-shoot wouldn't take the picture in time, but still got "one in the headlights" :D. My little girl, who is three, thinks they are reindeer :Princess:NICE!!!

Where do you live?

Nay
02-10-2008, 05:54 PM
NICE!!!

Where do you live?

Monument. Love it here. We have a couple of gorgeous foxes that come through just about every day hunting mice and squirrels. Colorado sucks :D

Here's a couple of my girls. In the second pic she was resting on the hill with three of her herd right after my last post. Pics were taken through windows, so quality on the second isn't great :thumb:.

Rogue Leader
02-10-2008, 07:25 PM
This one eats our flowers every night at the same time.

Red_Chili
02-10-2008, 10:59 PM
Gorgeous!

Tch2fly
02-10-2008, 11:05 PM
My brother snapped this in his backyard (approx Broadway and Orchard)

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b378/FJ80FUN/r014.jpg

Make sure you watch your cats and small dogs closely this time of year