PDA

View Full Version : run this week?

subzali
12-26-2005, 08:13 PM
Hey all, hope everybody had a good Christmas :) , was wondering if anybody wanted to go somewhere Wednesday or Thursday? Pretty flexible on which day until sometime Tuesday probably. Could be even just a morning or afternoon???. Was thinking enough snow to let me test my new secret weapon(s) :D. Anybody game? Castle Gulch, Yankee Hill, Slaughterhouse, Argentine etc. whatever's open this time of year.

Romer
12-26-2005, 10:04 PM
Gary Coberly will be in tomrorrow and we had another thread earlier talking about Friday or Saturday. That's wehn the planets seemed to line up.

subzali
12-26-2005, 11:06 PM
Friday would probably be okay for me too. I have the whole week off :D. That's the ONE thing I do like about school I guess. Offer still stands for Wednesday or Thursday though...

Rzeppa
12-27-2005, 09:27 AM
I'd love to go wheeling with Gary again (wheeled with him at Moab several times), but I have to work all week. The weekend will work best for me. Since the Broncos already clinched everything, I can skip the game Saturaday afternoon :-)

nuclearlemon
12-27-2005, 11:37 AM
it'd have to be the weekend for me also.

treerootCO
12-27-2005, 12:07 PM
New Years Day run---------------> details soon (hopefully led by Kevin)

Snow Pizza Run------------------> details soon (Led by Yoder)

subzali
12-27-2005, 04:41 PM
okay okay, just thought I'd check. Looks like me and my buddy might still go snoop around Wednesday.

Romer
12-27-2005, 05:25 PM
New years day Run sounds great. Hopefully after Ney Years Eve it won't start at 7AM

Uncle Ben
12-27-2005, 06:35 PM
New Years Day run---------------> details soon (hopefully led by Kevin)

Snow Pizza Run------------------> details soon (Led by Yoder)

I thought the NYDR WAS the S/PR????? :confused:

Rzeppa
12-27-2005, 06:55 PM
I thought the NYDR WAS the S/PR????? :confused:
Agreed. By tradition the annual snow and pizza run is the first run of the new year!

JadeRunner
12-27-2005, 07:11 PM
I don't really care when we do the pizza thing. However, I am prepared to post up a run for Sunday the 8th. Yankee Hill, in which case Idaho Springs pizza would be an option. I was going to do the run the weekend of the 14th, but the Bronco's will be playing one of those days, we won't know when, till the previous weekend.

Hulk
12-27-2005, 08:55 PM
Cripes, people: HOW MANY YEARS IN A ROW ARE WE GOING TO HAVE THIS FRIGGIN' ARGUMENT?! It's becoming as much of a tradition as the runs themselves.

The New Year's Day run has been around for a few years, but, to my knowledge, it has not been the annual Snow & Pizza run (since I have been a member, anyway). I think this run got started by Perry and Dan Markofsky. It's a cool run, a cool idea, but it is not the big kahuna. The turnout for this run is usually a small group of people.

For the last few years, the Annual Snow & Pizza Run has been held on varying weekends in January, depending on the snow and who's leading it. The turnout for this run is usually very large -- I think we had 37 rigs a few years ago. We've been eating pizza in different places, too. I am in favor of Idaho Springs -- the pizza is better than Central City.

If the New Year's Day run guys want to eat pizza too, no one is stopping them (and I may try to make this myself).

For several months, Scott Yoder has been planning on leading the Annual Snow & Pizza Run up in the Yankee Hill area. He has talked about it at RS meetings. He has planned and led this run for several years in a row now. This is the "official" run.

nuclearlemon
12-27-2005, 09:11 PM
i agree with matt...snow and pizza run has been seperate of the actual new years run...they sometimes involve pizza and beer...oh wait....many of our runs involve beer and possibly pizza...

don't count on making over to idaho springs without a workout. scott and i hit some good drifts. the first few vehicles will have a lot of work cut out for them on that hill with the evil tree that loves to draw rigs to it.

JadeRunner
12-27-2005, 10:38 PM
An alternative way will need to be taken into Idaho Springs for sure. I don't even think Rudy, Kevin or Robbie could make it all the way over Yankee Hill this winter. :) Or the tow bar V8 brothers or that matter.

treerootCO
12-28-2005, 12:30 AM
Snow Pizza run lead by Scott, Sunday, January 8th:

link: http://risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=594

Kevin and I will be going up before then on the official New Years Day run :cool: and I will have pizza afterwards because I can :D