PDA

View Full Version : anyone need/want anything from Australia?

gr8fulabe
01-16-2008, 05:09 PM
http://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-series-tech/174834-rescue-me-3.html#post2943202

The tan one is mine.

It will be shipping out of Melbourne soon (not actually booked yet). I was planning on shipping RORO.

But if enough people want to buy stuff down there to ship with it to make up the difference, I could pack it into a 20 footer.

If only a few people want some small stuff, there should be some space available inside!

Also, there is a chance this might be for sale after Thanksgiving. It turns out that a Diesel Troopy can be convincingly described as the best possible truck to go to Baja in, which we are planning for T-day. If the trip is, super fun then I think I can convince the better half that we should keep the Troopy. But if it is just a vacation, I promised that I didn't have to keep
it after we come back!

But that is all for discussion on some other day.

best,
Abe

Bikeman
01-16-2008, 05:40 PM
I need 5 of those Simex 35x10.50 tires, a set of Snake Racing control Arms, the longer Bilsteins that we can't get here, oh, and a set of Tough Dog adjustable panhards.

Shark Bait
01-16-2008, 06:16 PM
See if Rodney's (http://www.automatictransmission.com.au/contact.asp) got anything you need. :D

gr8fulabe
01-17-2008, 04:18 PM
See if Rodney's (http://www.automatictransmission.com.au/contact.asp) got anything you need. :D

I sent that company (not sure if Rodney is the only person there or not) an e-mail about a new tranny, or at least rebuild kit for my FJ62. The overdrive is slipping a bit, so I figure it will need it sometime. Thanks for the heads-up on that!

Best,
Abe

gr8fulabe
01-17-2008, 04:22 PM
I need 5 of those Simex 35x10.50 tires, a set of Snake Racing control Arms, the longer Bilsteins that we can't get here, oh, and a set of Tough Dog adjustable panhards.

Hi Bikeman,

Are you asking me to track that stuff down, or are you just stating what you would want to try & ship? To be truthful, I don't even know what a Panhard is...???

Shark Bait
01-17-2008, 04:26 PM
I sent that company (not sure if Rodney is the only person there or not) an e-mail about a new tranny, or at least rebuild kit for my FJ62. The overdrive is slipping a bit, so I figure it will need it sometime. Thanks for the heads-up on that!

Great guy, Rodney. Please remember to tell him the Toyota Trails ad guy referred you. :D

LandBruiser
01-17-2008, 04:28 PM
Hi Bikeman,

Are you asking me to track that stuff down, or are you just stating what you would want to try & ship? To be truthful, I don't even know what a Panhard is...???

Panhard is the rod running diagonal that centers the body over the solid axle

Uncle Ben
01-17-2008, 04:46 PM
I have a buddy here in Colorado who might be interested in selling you his set of Simex tires. He brought them over when he moved accross the pond from Ireland. He has stated they are terrible to hold a balance and a lot of our tyres here are superior. His are not 35's however.

I didn't think Snake Racing still makes the arms? I would take a set as well if they still do!

The Billi's are the shiznit but replacements would be a PITA when you dent the monotube and US companies can't get them!

Get the inserts from Christo and weld you own Panhards!

Bikeman
01-17-2008, 07:09 PM
Hi Bikeman,

Sorry, I'm dreaming more or less...

PabloCruise
01-17-2008, 09:29 PM
I'd be interested in an H55F tranny depending on price...

Hulk
01-17-2008, 09:32 PM
I thought you could just order a new one from C-Dan.

nakman
01-17-2008, 09:36 PM
fire in the hole!

gr8fulabe
01-18-2008, 08:34 AM
Panhard is the rod running diagonal that centers the body over the solid axle

If you don't mind my asking, then what are the advantages of an adjustable panhard? What would be the reasons to, "un-center" the solid axle?

or is it mostly so that you could easily re-center it if you took a hit & knocked it out of whack?

Thanks,
abe

gr8fulabe
01-18-2008, 08:39 AM

Hi Pablo,

I have been looking at those myself on Ebay Australia. They are super cheap down there compared to here. My only question about buying a used Aussie Tranny would be, "how beat up is it?".

But I have seen them going for roughly $800, with the split case still attached, so that seems like a steal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=250206260897&_trksid=p3984.cWAT.m240.lVI

I'm watching the above one. It is in Victoria Province, which puts it somewhere, "close" to Melbourne. I have seen a bunch more like it...

Best,
Abe

Shark Bait
01-18-2008, 08:44 AM
If you check out their link, the transmission shop Rodney works at rebuilds them all pretty nicely. Makes me want to buy a new transmission. :D

wesintl
01-18-2008, 10:29 AM
I'm sure there are probably more than a couple fella's here that would take a nice aussi handbrake :lmao: